If you look at almost every iOS's apps, they have colorful and good-looking icons, nearly the same on Android. I'm just thinking that if RIM wants to attract people to BlackBerry 10 through its apps, it would be good if RIM exhorts devs to give their apps some attractive icons, instead of the crappy ones that actually most of the apps has in BlackBerry AppWorld. So, what's your opinion?
    10-30-12 04:47 PM
    Dude, you have read my mind. I am looking at my blackberry 9900 and thinking these app icons look terrible. Someone actually posted an app on BB10 app world, I thought it was a great app but the icon was not that great, so I got in contact with him and offered to make a beautiful icon for him. He agreed and chose one of a few designs I sent him. I really think there should be some standard, if we want our BB10 phones to look nice, the app icons are a huge part of that.
    10-30-12 05:21 PM
    I really think there should be some standard, if we want our BB10 phones to look nice, the app icons are a huge part of that.

You have said it all...
    10-30-12 06:31 PM
    i think an exception would be the new iOS maps icon eh?
    Quality Apps Icons-apple-maps-icon-.jpg
    peter9477 and mithrazor like this.
    10-31-12 08:14 AM
    Except for that crappy and useless app, the others apps and games have colorful icons. Just look in any games section of the iOS App Store. Even the bad apps have decent icons!
    10-31-12 02:53 PM
    They probably aren't showing the actual icons because scumbags out there have already made a keyboard like BB10 for another platform, the lock screen, and they'll steal whatever other good ideas they see. Unfortunately the ethics of the Jailbreak and Android mod communities is non-existent.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    10-31-12 07:31 PM
    Except for that crappy and useless app, the others apps and games have colorful icons. Just look in any games section of the iOS App Store. Even the bad apps have decent icons!
    That's probably because the platform is flooded with graphic designers who want to be app developers. Making good icons is something they know how to do.
    11-01-12 02:24 AM
    That's probably because the platform is flooded with graphic designers who want to be app developers. Making good icons is something they know how to do.
    Or they just use quirco.com or appicongenerator.com
    11-01-12 01:48 PM