I was playing today with terminal on my phone and there is some commands I know from unix that I could execute.

I wanted to find the boot time but I couldn't get it with Unix command and I found that on QNX you could get it with "pidin info" command which is for QNX only.

I also read of other QNX commands but I couldn't execute them on BlackBerry 10

It could be fun if we know of some QNX commands that could be tried on BlackBerry 10. Anyone knows?

Join my photography channel
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    08-12-14 03:13 PM
    That would be interesting. The thing you'll be up against is that QNX is designed from the ground up to be highly customized when installed. Any commands not needed for the delivered system are usually removed to save space.

But by all means it would be informative to have a list or QNX specific commands that are available to the user.

Posted via CB10
    tHe.iR1sH likes this.
    08-12-14 03:37 PM
    That would be interesting. The thing you'll be up against is that QNX is designed from the ground up to be highly customized when installed. Any commands not needed for the delivered system are usually removed to save space.

But by all means it would be informative to have a list or QNX specific commands that are available to the user.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I thought too. But there has to be some commands as you say that were left there. I wish if we could find them or build the list up by our selves then lol

08-12-14 04:34 PM
    Wwhat do you mean by terminal? Do you mean an app thatt gives a linux like comman prompt and allows youu to change beteen folders use commands like;
    ls
    cd
    mkdir?
    08-12-14 05:50 PM
    Wwhat do you mean by terminal? Do you mean an app thatt gives a linux like comman prompt and allows youu to change beteen folders use commands like;
    ls
    cd
    mkdir?
    Terminal. Yes

08-12-14 06:09 PM
    BGshellPlus will let you enter commands. I know you can do routine stuff like sftp, ifconfig, ls, cd, etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 08:38 PM
    Terminal. Yes

Qnx Teminal? I dont think so, your probably using an app that has linux commands that will allow you to browse and moove some files. Commands will be similar to busybox
    08-13-14 12:17 PM
    Qnx Teminal? I dont think so, your probably using an app that has linux commands that will allow you to browse and moove some files. Commands will be similar to busybox
    I have to disagree. I've used the SDK to get a terminal on the device when needed. There is a description of two ways to do this here.

Also, BB10 carriers the QNX version of a standard ANSI terminal definition as documented here.
    08-13-14 12:27 PM
    I'm using System Information app http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25894894 which is not exactly a terminal but this is not the point. It enables you to execute commands

08-13-14 02:19 PM
    I'm using System Information app http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25894894 which is not exactly a terminal but this is not the point. It enables you to execute commands

I just tried this app,
    echo $PATH and you get literally $PATH
    Pwd does not work?

BGshellplus as stated by other poster is better - only app I found useful for command line although its annoying the way alt and shift work differently.

Try the methods suggested by the other posters

The app your using wont do what you want. Not sure how BGshellplus is working but had some limited success with it
    08-13-14 03:08 PM
    When you connect using the development tools you can do a number of things including this:

QNX commands on BlackBerry 10-bbconsole.png

The command mmcli is a QNX command.

Of course the capabilities of the devuser are going to be different than an installed application. But you shouldn't confuse limitations of the program providing the shell with what the program could provide if written differently.
    08-14-14 07:13 AM
    If I remember correctly there's a text editor on the device; once you find a terminal, try "elvis". It's a vi clone.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 09:54 AM
    If I remember correctly there's a text editor on the device; once you find a terminal, try "elvis". It's a vi clone.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, elvis is there. So is pidin and you can run it. OP, try the full path "/bin/pidin info"

QNX commands on BlackBerry 10-bbconsole.png
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    08-14-14 11:38 AM
    Yup, elvis is there. So is pidin and you can run it. OP, try the full path "/bin/pidin info"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBConsole.PNG 
Views:	987 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	290756
    It works too

Attachment 290777
    Attached Thumbnails QNX commands on BlackBerry 10-img_20140814_195721.png  
    08-14-14 12:57 PM
    Works in BGShellPlus too :

QNX commands on BlackBerry 10-img_20140816_055534.png

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 04:56 AM
    The command "env" returns some nice info. Finally I saw London showing somewhere on the Z10
    08-30-15 04:37 PM
    Thanks for this thread. Kinda nice to learn a bit more about QNX.
    08-10-18 09:39 PM
    I was playing today with terminal on my phone and there is some commands I know from unix that I could execute.

I wanted to find the boot time but I couldn't get it with Unix command and I found that on QNX you could get it with "pidin info" command which is for QNX only.

I also read of other QNX commands but I couldn't execute them on BlackBerry 10

It could be fun if we know of some QNX commands that could be tried on BlackBerry 10. Anyone knows?

Thats great thanks. You can get the uptime from a URI used in Smart Tags or the Browser with 'escreen://'

Posted via CB10
    08-11-18 12:27 PM