My Q10 prompted me yesterday a message announcing me that a new update (10.1.0.4181) is available.
    I download it and installed it. After that the phone asked me for reboot. 2 hours later the boot progress was showing me 96%. Five hours later 99%.
    I rebooted again and this morning (6-7 hours later) was stuck at 99%.
    Beside the fact I'm angry as hell on BlackBerry and for the first time I'm considering to ditch it, is there a way to make it work without resetting to factory defaults?

I already posted this message several times in other threads and I'm sorry if I'm too "noisy" about. However I'm in a desperate situation I urgently need access to bbm, whatsapp and the information that was in the phone. I desperately need a resolution to this issue.

Can anyone please help me with an advise/tutorial/how to?

Thank you,
    Sebastian
    07-31-13 06:28 AM
    I have the same problem on Vodafone UK. It is stuck at 100% booting up but nothing happens...
    07-31-13 06:50 AM
    Have you tried calling your provder for support?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    07-31-13 06:57 AM
    Yes, they told me to give them the phone and they will perform a factory reset...
    07-31-13 06:59 AM
    Why can't you do a factory reset and go from there? I always do and advise a backup before updating the OS I actually do it about twice a week just in case in lose my phone or something as well

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.810
    07-31-13 07:01 AM
    I gave up and tried the "reload" function from the Blackberry Link and that's also not working... :-(
    07-31-13 07:01 AM
    I've tried the factory reset using the reload from BlackBerry link. Is asking me for the password and after that is telling me that it cannot communicate with the device.
    I also tried to reinstall the update from here:
    BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US
    Here the communication is being made, but I'm told that I already have the latest software...
    07-31-13 07:05 AM
    Maybe you should try to download an autoloader of an OS (like an 10.1 leak OS) and run that and see what it says. I've had no problems loading leak OS that way, worth a shot

07-31-13 07:09 AM
    Update: A factory reset from the blackberry link failed with no logical reason and now the phone won't even power the LCD. It's just blinking the red led. I can't even try again the factory reset. Blackberry link can not connect anymore to the phone.

The only good part in this situation is that I was able to call Blackberry on the support line...

My Q10 prompted me yesterday a message announcing me that a new update (10.1.0.4181) is available.
    I download it and installed it. After that the phone asked me for reboot. 2 hours later the boot progress was showing me 96%. Five hours later 99%.
    I rebooted again and this morning (6-7 hours later) was stuck at 99%.
    Beside the fact I'm angry as hell on BlackBerry and for the first time I'm considering to ditch it, is there a way to make it work without resetting to factory defaults?

I already posted this message several times in other threads and I'm sorry if I'm too "noisy" about. However I'm in a desperate situation I urgently need access to bbm, whatsapp and the information that was in the phone. I desperately need a resolution to this issue.

Can anyone please help me with an advise/tutorial/how to?

Thank you,
    Sebastian
    07-31-13 08:07 AM
    Fix for the "Stuck at 100%" problem.

Plug your phone into a charger. DO NOT do a battery pull.
    Leave it there for a day.

If you already interrupt the update. You may have corrupted your phone already.

I'm going to say this again. ALWAYS plug your phone into a charger when doing an update, and NEVER interrupt an installation by doing a battery pull!
    Posted via CB10
    RD9700 likes this.
    07-31-13 08:15 AM
    Well, before prompting you an update Blackberry should tell you that IT MIGHT TAKE DAYS!!!!!!!
    07-31-13 08:41 AM
    Well, before prompting you an update Blackberry should tell you that IT MIGHT TAKE DAYS!!!!!!!
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 08:52 AM
    P.S.
    Just a sad observation:
    Two days ago my Nexus 10 tablet prompted me for 4.3 android update... Download and update took ~3 minutes...
    07-31-13 08:54 AM
    P.S.
    Just a sad observation:
    Two days ago my Nexus 10 tablet prompted me for 4.3 android update... Download and update took ~3 minutes...
    Different OS, different security measures.
    BB10 OS does a lot more encryption and checking to ensure the OS doesn't get compromised. I believe there is also re indexing of databases for a lot of things including SMS, to try and optimize things in the future.

Unfortunately it seems that it wasn't tested thoroughly enough and some issues are for some users. A common denominator is people doing a battery pull or restart before it finishes the update, or immediately after it updates. There seems to be some who had issues even if the didn't restart or pull, but perhaps it might of taken much longer.

For myself, here I only have a few months of texts and emails it was at 100% for at least 10-20 mins. And the Hub took another 10-20 minutes just to stay up. I did not restart the phone until the next day when I had some album art issue. But after the restart (the next day) the issue went away.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 09:04 AM
    I feel your pain, but might means nothing. An asteroid might wipe out earth tomorrow. True, but what are the odds?

To help others gauge their odds of failure/success with this update:
    Is there something special with your setup? Is the storage encrypted? Do you have a lot of email accounts? Are they on sync forever?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-31-13 09:41 AM
    My update has been stuck at 100% for four and a half hours now, is there anything I can do?
    07-31-13 10:45 AM
    Okay it's still stuck at 100%, so that's over 6 hours now... is there anything I can do? At what point do I pull the battery?
    07-31-13 11:57 AM
    Okay it's still stuck at 100%, so that's over 6 hours now... is there anything I can do? At what point do I pull the battery?
    I would put it on the charger and leave it for the rest of the day. It is definitely weird it is taking so long, and probably very inconvenient you don't have access to your phone, but doing a battery pull should only be a last resort during an update.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:04 PM
    Btw, just curious, does your phone feel hot and did you have media card encryption? Did you have a lot of emails?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:05 PM
    Hiya, thanks for replying, the phone has been currently very hot for the whole update (or non-update lol), there's no media card so thus no encryption and I only have one email address added with about two weeks worth on the phone.

How much longer do you reckon I should leave it for to see if it comes on? If eventually it doesn't and I pull the battery and that still doesn't fix it what do you suggest my next course of action should be?

Cheers in advance.
    07-31-13 12:08 PM
    Hiya, thanks for replying, the phone has been currently very hot for the whole update (or non-update lol), there's no media card so thus no encryption and I only have one email address added with about two weeks worth on the phone.

How much longer do you reckon I should leave it for to see if it comes on? If eventually it doesn't and I pull the battery and that still doesn't fix it what do you suggest my next course of action should be?

Cheers in advance.
    God no, people quit pulling the battery... hold the power button for like 10 seconds

07-31-13 12:10 PM
    God no, people quit pulling the battery... hold the power button for like 10 seconds

I've said I haven't pulled the battery yet... but it's over six and a half hours stuck on 100%. I'll hold the power button for ten seconds and see what happens...
    07-31-13 12:13 PM
    I've said I haven't pulled the battery yet... but it's over six and a half hours stuck on 100%. I'll hold the power button for ten seconds and see what happens...
    Don't pull the battery. It will most likely soft brick your phone like the OP. That's when it won't turn on at all and only blinks error codes from led. There us nothing you can do besides wait. This whole update and install has been a nightmare for BlackBerry. They really need to fix these issues. I don't expect it to take 2 mins. Mine took 30 mins to finish the install. Just sat at 100%. I had it plugged in and left it. 30 mins wasn't so bad. That should be the max time it takes, not 4, 5 or more hours. That's just ridiculous.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    07-31-13 03:16 PM
    I gave up and tried the "reload" function from the Blackberry Link and that's also not working... :-(
    Since you device is only blinking red led light, take the battery out of the device and connect to pc, without the battery and try reloading the OS again. This happened to me the last update before this new update. The reload didn't work the first time. I tried a different computer and it worked just fine. Give that a try and see if you get it to work. If not, I would try the autoloader procedure found here at crackberry.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    07-31-13 03:22 PM
    Ironic that the leaks worked fine, but an official update is screwing everything up.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 04:19 PM
40 12