My Q10 is in a constant boot loop. I tried reloading the sofwtare with Link, but it didn't do any good, then I used the latest autoloader for my model number and still no luck. I recently changed the motherboard but I would assume if I messed something up there it wouldn't even start. Any ideas anyone?

Here's what it does

11-17-19 02:29 PM
    My Q10 is in a constant boot loop. I tried reloading the sofwtare with Link, but it didn't do any good, then I used the latest autoloader for my model number and still no luck. I recently changed the motherboard but I would assume if I messed something up there it wouldn't even start. Any ideas anyone?

Here's what it does

Seems like your power button is stuck.
    11-17-19 02:55 PM
    I tried holding the power button down while the system was loading and it just restarted in 3 seconds. Would it not just restart every 3 second if it was stuck instead of loading the system to 100%, sometimes even further, and then rebooting?
    11-17-19 03:16 PM
    It happened to me a year ago. Took the battery out a couple of times and it finally booted completely. Since then no problem... Very strange indeed...
    11-17-19 03:22 PM
    @ajokurvanyad,
    Holding the power button (more than 10 seconds) will force the device to reboot. Do not touch the button for more than 10 seconds if this is not necessary.
    In your case - a malfunction of the power button or its contacts. Maybe the button is stuck, or conductive dust/moisture on the contacts. Or a problem with the battery/charge controller - but this is unlikely.
    11-17-19 03:33 PM
    **** yeah guys! stripped it down to the bone again and put it back together and it is booting up normally again. Looks like something was stuck probably the power button as mentioned.
    Thanks everybody! I can put this Q10 back into the fleet of Blackberrys I have laying around
    ppeters914 and mh1983 like this.
    11-17-19 04:23 PM
    **** yeah guys! stripped it down to the bone again and put it back together and it is booting up normally again. Looks like something was stuck probably the power button as mentioned.
    Thanks everybody! I can put this Q10 back into the fleet of Blackberrys I have laying around

Did you have a situation where the red light was blinking in sequence like 5 times??

I am wondering what happened to my Passport that I dropped. It won't charge up and all it does is attempt to restart but to no avail.

I needed to get a new Passport and I want to salvage the existing one but I doubt it. I might need to send it to data recovery for the photos for about $700 Canadian. No good!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-19 02:25 AM
    No Red light blinking 5 times in my case. It was doing The normál boot of Just continous Red light and then light off when system logo appeares. Did you try reinstalling the OS? You lose all data but if all else fails that might be your only option.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-19 07:02 AM
    This happened to me recently, too. I took the battery out and wrote off the phone, but I tried it again the next day and it started working again! Go figure. First thing I did was a backup of course.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-19 07:27 PM