I had to ask this because everyone's been talking about how good the battery life of q10 while my phone seems to burn it down real quick. I bought a charger bundle so i have 2 batteries now, and they never last more than 6 hours for some reasons.

I have 4 emails accounts, all set to push, and facebook, twitter, and whatsapp. and the pictures shows what apps I have on my phone, for network settings, i have "4g, 3g, 2g" on and I have no idea why my phone burns so quick, can anyone help analyze my problem?

Also, setting a device lock seems to burn the battery even faster, i once had my phone locked and left it in my bag, 3 hours later it went from 80%-20%, the strangest thing is that not even a whatsapp msg or facebook notification was recieved.

Android apps installed: Vkontakte, Instagram, Songza, SoundCloud, Rogers Radio, VEVO, Flipboard, Movies(flixter), 9GAG, Google Navigation, Google Translate

I am trying to give you guys as much information as possible.

Please help and thank you in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 battery life-img_00000177.png   Q10 battery life-img_00000185.png   Q10 battery life-img_00000186.png   Q10 battery life-img_00000187.png   Q10 battery life-img_00000188.png  

Q10 battery life-img_00000189.png   Q10 battery life-img_00000190.png  
    06-11-13 05:40 AM
    I would say 4 email accounts all set to push can be a part of the problem. However, what your experiencing is not normal and I think may be the result of a defective battery or device. I say that, because Im on day 5 with my verizon Q 10, and has lasted 18 hours + each day, I find the battery to be amazing and I am a pretty heavy user. Texting, BBM, whatsapp and face book non stop all day. Light email user though, maybe 25-50 a day. Hope this was helpful, and I would suggest bringing it back to the store and getting i swapped for a fresh device
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-13 06:30 AM
    Thanks for the advice, I would bring it back to rogers for an exchange but I'm in hong kong right now, and I won't be back till September. What email settings would be the best if I want longer battery life? I have looked up Google but different ppl say different things and I'm confused.. I've seen multiple comments with people claiming that their Q10 could last up to 18 hours with 4+ emails and constantly whatsapping.Would porting andoird apps be one of the reasons why it dies so fast? I have completely discharged my 1st battery already and I'm on my second one with 72% left and it's only been 11 hours.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:38 AM
    I have a few ported android apps myself ( instagram, chase, wells fargo) and my battery has been just fine. My guess would be if 1 or 2 out of your 4 emails weren't as important as the others turn off the push and just sync every 15 mins. I really don't know though Bc I only have one email and my work email I just use at my office. What I do know is that 11 hours and you've gone through one battery and 30% on the next battery is definitely not normal for this phone. At 11 hours I'm still normally at 40-50% on my first battery. It's a tricky situation that your in Hong Kong until sept. I hope it all works out best for you

Posted via CB10
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-13 07:29 AM
    So sync every 15 mins saves more battery than setting it to push? I have just switched from "4g, 3g, 2g" to "3g and 2g" and now battery guru says that it could run for another 11 hours, does it make that much of a difference? ?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 08:46 AM
    So sync every 15 mins saves more battery than setting it to push? I have just switched from "4g, 3g, 2g" to "3g and 2g" and now battery guru says that it could run for another 11 hours, does it make that much of a difference? ?

Posted via CB10
    Push mode definately use more battery than 15 mins synch, it's a big difference in battery life, as for the 3g, 2g instead of 4G, if you don't need 4G, yes it will also give you a bit more battery life...
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-13 09:02 AM
    Depends if you are in an area that has solid 4G. If you don't, or you keep switching between 3g and 4g the phone wastes power by always searching for 4g and trying to decide which one to use

Posted via CB10
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-13 09:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can't comment on that because I have verizon so that feature isn't present on my device, but it is common knowledge that when your phone has a weak battery singnal the battery drains quicker. Hope your problem is fixed!

Posted via CB10
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-13 09:46 AM
    As an option..to assess which app is the problem..this is a suggestion I came across on CB.

- Reset your phone to its original settings and reintroduce your email accounts one at a time. Monitor the battery drain each day in between additions.
    - do the same for your android ported apps.
    - this is really the only way to assess which app is the culprit.

Posted via CB10
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-13 12:07 PM
    thanks for all the suggestions, i am currently using "3g and 2g" and turned all my emails to "sync every 2 hours" but the battery life seems to be discharging at similar if not same rate, i dont get how so many people talk about how good the battery life on the q10 is but it seems like the same as the 9900 at around 5-6 hours a day max..
    06-11-13 01:32 PM
    thanks for all the suggestions, i am currently using "3g and 2g" and turned all my emails to "sync every 2 hours" but the battery life seems to be discharging at similar if not same rate, i dont get how so many people talk about how good the battery life on the q10 is but it seems like the same as the 9900 at around 5-6 hours a day max..
    It HAS to be a defective device my man I'm telling you, or at least a defective battery.. I took my phone off the charger at 7 am today.. at 3 pm now 8 hours later I'm still at 69%.. 5-6 hours I was still in the 80% range

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and Kelvin Choi like this.
    06-11-13 02:05 PM
    Unless you are having serious problems with the cellular or wifi connection, I agree there's something wrong enough to warrant taking this back.

Any normal device should show the power near 0, which is to say the black line in the Battery Guru graph should lie along the middle of the graph, most of the time you're in standby. If you leave the device in standby for more than two minutes (to let the OS supply a fresh power reading to Battery Guru) and then you swipe the screen on and immediately check the power, it should read 0.0W or at the absolute most 0.1W, most of the time. (That's in the active frame. The main window will give an extra decimal place of precision, and 0.01W is pretty standard for an idle device with radios off.)

You should compare consumption with wifi off, then with cellular off, then with both off.

Also, if this is all in the first day or two of having the device set up with all those accounts, it's possible they're still synchronizing and causing much more network traffic than they would otherwise be. Don't make the mistake of assuming that the system activity will have settled down mere minutes (or even hours) after you get everything set up. I've seen no reports from anyone who's actually tried measuring how long things take, but I'm pretty sure it's more than a couple of hours in many cases. Give it a couple of days before jumping to conclusions. (But don't let that stop you from experimenting with various radios on/off to pinpoint which is the source of the trouble.)

If you put the thing in Airplane mode and still see power consumption beyond maybe 0.05W (50 mW) then just take the thing back: it's busted...

(I have no idea yet if this sort of thing is almost always the device, or the battery. Feel free to investigate that and share the results... too few people do, in my opinion.)
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-13 03:11 PM
    Do you wait until the battery is below 10% or do you just charge it no matter what charge is left?
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-13 03:17 PM
    I'm on my first full charge and 8.5 hours in with 36% battery left on my Q10. I haven't put it down since it came off the charger.

Posted via CB10
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-13 03:24 PM
    I don't have a q10 but I do have the Z10. With even 1 email account on push (office 365 activesync) my battery life drops from 24 hrs to 4 or 5. I have had the phone for 4 months and it seems to reset interval sync back to push on its own from time to time. Might be an update or when it loses the password and I have to reenter it.

Check your email setup again.

Posted via CB10
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-13 11:02 PM
    From the pics it looks like your phone is switching between 3G, 4G, and H+, that could definitely drain your battery. Is there any difference if you leave your phone on wifi? I've had mine on wifi all day and still have 30% almost 18 hours later... Batt life is definitely better than the 9900, I could get mine to go 8-10 hours at best. It would never have made it 18 hours.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-13 11:12 PM
    yea that's what i thought too, because it changes a lot especially when im in hong kong, it bounces around 4g, h+, 3g a lot, but i have no idea what h+ is. i dont connect it to wifi often because the wifi speed at my school sucks it doesnt even load when im connected to wifi
    06-12-13 12:31 AM
    How many signal bars are you normally seeing? If your phone is struggling for signal it will eat battery very quickly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-12-13 12:43 AM
    i appreciate all the help guys, and i think i found out what's going on.

Ive been at home all night and morning now, and i have the network settings changed back to "4g,3g,2g". What i did was delete all the android apps except for instagram on my phone. and let's see the difference now.....look at the screenshots.. "time to empty" bounces around 8h to 102h lol its insane, and i have changed my emails to sync every 2 hours instead of push. i guess that made a difference too, although not much. but it changes from time to time and when im whatapp messaging or emailing these screenshots to my laptop it turns back to 5.5h. i guess it's showing how many hours can i stay on whatsapp?
    I'll keep u guys updated if there's anything new.
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 battery life-img_00000193.png   Q10 battery life-img_00000194.png   Q10 battery life-img_00000195.png   Q10 battery life-img_00000196.png  
    06-12-13 12:44 AM
    it varies from time to time depends on where i am, but usually its at 4g with 3 bars, and i rarely use wifi.
    06-12-13 12:46 AM
    3 bars is not a strong signal, so I'm thinking the problem is more related to your location than anything else. For me, I've seen a normal battery day (12-18+ hours) reduced to a fraction of that by a poor signal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-12-13 12:55 AM
    Kelvin, check your "permissions". You may have let some of your android apps send out stuff at will.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:41 AM
    Kelvin, sync and push are two different things. Leave push on. Sync is the email server telling your email client to tell your desktop computer to mark the email as read as you read them. (every 30 minutes is default) . I set one of my emails to sync every 4 hours and another to sync every 24 hours. Much better battery life.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-12-13 02:48 AM
    Kelvin, also if you compose an email, sync function uses power. You can go to a desktop and sign in to your email and see that sent email. Got it?

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-12-13 02:52 AM
    I have my news apps set to not update at all until I open them. Sure you have to wait ten seconds for them to update but at least my phone isn't updating stuff constantly. Same with CB10 app. Same woth almost all my other apps. Go to each app and click on settings. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-12-13 02:56 AM