Hey there,

Just saying...Simply, regarding the primary basic fonction of this device, I mean... Being a phone...
    Did BBRY consider fixing the mic issue on Q10?
    It's clearly a software issue...
    Not that I don't like PTT but, It's particulary annoying, having to press on the back BB logo just to make sure people can hear you...
    06-24-14 08:58 AM
    Have you called your carrier for a replacement phone? Is this a known issue with Q's? Sounds ridiculous to me.
    Also, have you tried changing the OS that you are using? would another one help the issue? What have other Q owners said in these threads about a fix?
    06-25-14 06:12 AM
    Why do you think this is software related? You're indicating that you have to press the device backing for it to work, which sounds much more likely to be a hardware related issue

I'd suggest going to your carrier and getting a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 07:46 AM
    Oh I bought this last one directly from BB. Yeah I know it does really sound like a hardware issue, but how strange it does work fine sometimes after a reboot? It also started behaving fine after an OS update, then got mad again after the last one. One guy around told me about pressing on the BB back logo during a call and it actually works. The BB logo is far away from the mic. Some had the mic changed and it seems ok, some got the same problem again. it's all about luck and that's certainly not acceptable regarding hardware.
    06-30-14 02:32 PM
    Definitely a hardware problem, from the description, you should be able to get a new phone under warranty.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 04:06 PM
    Absolutely a hardware problem. Most likely has a connection issue. The fix is making sure the gold spring connectors are pushing down with enough force. If you can replace the phone under warranty please do. If no warranty you might be able to get it fixed. The fact that you're pushing on the back tells me the pins are being pushed down to connect the mic. The Z10 mic has the same connections I believe. The mic has two gold spring like connectors that meet with two gold plates when the rear case is assembled.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 04:33 PM
    Having the same problem with my phone but having other problems aswell i've only had my Q10 for just over a year aswell and to be fair I do love my BlackBerry but certainly don't have any money to get it fixed/get a new one.
    It's not like I drop my phone constantly either as I'm always careful and my phone is in its case all the time.
    Can I possibly still get a replacement if I'm still under warranty even though I bought my phone on Amazon?
    06-17-15 11:13 AM