Why does Obama, Abbott and Cameron still use an old BBOS BlackBerry?

At least Merkel is using the secusmart Z10.

BlackBerry should spend some money and create a bb10 equivalent as secure as the ones in the hands of these leaders (and their support staff, cabinet ministers, member of parliment) for free and subtly brag about it.

Wouldn't that change the perception at least a bit?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 05:11 PM
    For who exactly? General public would rather buy Fruitphones and Androids because of "muh app environment" or "muh snapchat or (insert hip app here)" than something secure.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:30 AM
    For who exactly? General public would rather buy Fruitphones and Androids because of "muh app environment" or "muh snapchat or (insert hip app here)" than something secure.

Posted via CB10
    Those devices are probably secure enough.
    07-22-15 06:29 AM
    Those devices are probably secure enough.
    You can call a hackable cloud system (iPhone) and surrendering your personal data to Google secure?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 01:49 PM
    I hope you guys are joking about blackberrys being secure It's a known fact that merkels super phone is tapped by nsa
    07-22-15 02:37 PM
    I dont think phone is relevant since the communication was targeted and can be done without even touching the phone. Correct me if I am wrong but that is my understanding especially from all this talk about fake towers being setup to intercept communications. I think that is also why she has the secusmart which encrypts prior to going out.
    07-22-15 02:52 PM
    I hope you guys are joking about blackberrys being secure It's a known fact that merkels super phone is tapped by nsa
    From what I remember reading she got a bb10 device after finding out the nsa had her phone tapped.

Passport  - Tthe Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Apparel | Headshop | Vapeshop | Tattoos
    07-22-15 02:54 PM
    http://m.thelocal.com/20131025/52577

Don't think you're even close

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 02:55 PM
    Doesnt Obama use a modified BlackBerry? BlackBerry should made a BlackBerry Obama.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:00 PM
    You can call a hackable cloud system (iPhone) and surrendering your personal data to Google secure?

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. They sell, right? They are secure enough for the folks that use them.
    07-22-15 03:20 PM
    Absolutely. They sell, right? They are secure enough for the folks that use them.
    They sell because people dont care about security or privacy. Most of them...

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:23 PM
    They sell because people dont care about security or privacy. Most of them...
    No. Everybody cares about security. It might not rank up there with, say, functionality, but I'd say most people are concerned with device security to differing degrees.
    07-22-15 03:28 PM
    No. Everybody cares about security. It might not rank up there with, say, functionality, but I'd say most people are concerned with device security to differing degrees.
    I dont think that the majority of smartphone users, Android users, care for security and install antivirus apps or upgrade os and device when a security breach hapens.They care for security only with passcode or pin. This is only my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:40 PM
    I dont think that the majority of smartphone users, Android users, care for security and install antivirus apps or upgrade os and device when a security breach hapens.They care for security only with passcode or pin. This is only my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    Security is usually only of concern when direct monetary loss (bank account emptied) is involved, or when functionality breaks.

I've fixed computers for people, and more than a few of them really only seek help once the thing completely stops working and they can't get on Facebook etc., or when junkware pop-ups are bogging the machine down to being unusable...

The user is concerned with functionality, you cannot take anything away from them. It just needs to work. That's all. (What happens to the data in the background is of no real concern, or a mystery at best.)
    That's why apps are so important for users and if one (=functionality) is not available on a phone (e.g. BB), the phone is seen as lacking, to the same extent as if it was functionally broken...

:-D

(edit)

  "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."  
    07-22-15 06:05 PM