...by deleting WhatsApp from your device and supporting BBM.

First I want to explain, that up to now I was an occasionally user of WA cause of the insane data-limitation (attachments) of BBM. And its important to know, that I�m a facebook-hater, cause M.Zuckerberg and his platform looks like a NSA with private property situation...

Today I have spread a copy and paste message to ALL my contacts and had announced to delete WA in the next days. I send a list of advantages of BBM (anonymity by PIN without sending Tel.No. or email-adresses, TDES-encryption, carrying via BB-Server directly from device to device (video-attachments), data-compression for pic-attachments (thumbnail), etc...) and my invitation with PIN.

I know that BBM deserves to fail cause of the bullsh+t marketing by RIM/BlackBerry in the past years- they had made everything wrong what could be done wrong, but now we have to decide if we will provide the kraken facebook or to support one of the last independent platforms with high security standards, innovation and relative free of nexus-algorithms a la google or facebook....

Whats your way to handle the new situation for 450 Millions WA-User?

02-20-14 02:24 AM
    I didn't do any of the above. I just deleted my Whatsapp account. I didn't feel the need to advertise BBM. Done that enough already in the past!

Posted via CB10
    anon2100101 likes this.
    02-20-14 02:27 AM
    Deleted it the day BBM went cross platform. Don't believe those figures of 450 million users.
    anon2100101 likes this.
    02-20-14 06:38 AM
    Whatsapp is mass market. .99 a year from each user times the hundreds of millions of users = revenue.

BBM's future lies in secure messaging for enterprise with high margin license fees, and value added services such as mobile to mobile payments that requires a secure and TRUSTED platform.

Just my opinion. Point being BBM is not ever going to win the active user count race. And I don't think that was their intent.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    anon2100101 likes this.
    02-20-14 06:43 AM
    Whatsapp is mass market. .99 a year from each user times the hundreds of millions of users = revenue.

BBM's future lies in secure messaging for enterprise with high margin license fees, and value added services such as mobile to mobile payments that requires a secure and TRUSTED platform.

Just my opinion. Point being BBM is not ever going to win the active user count race. And I don't think that was their intent.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    I agree completely. I know that BBM will never act on the eye level of WhatsApp (count of user).My intention was to switch one or two contacts from WA to BBM.... And cross my heart- I have had around 80 WA-contacts and except my annual x-mas greetings I "used" around 10 of them more intense... Six of them had already downloaded BBM after my pungent intervention...

For me its not a question of further existence- its a symbolic act.
    02-20-14 07:48 AM
    Well stated.

Posted via CB10
    anon2100101 likes this.
    02-20-14 07:50 AM
    And my whatsapp account says validity lifetime but why
    I didnt pay a penny to them

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 07:59 AM
    And my whatsapp account says validity lifetime but why
    I didnt pay a penny to them
    This. I have never paid for whatsapp and I've had it for more than a year; I would bet it's been a little more than two years to be honest.
    02-20-14 08:04 AM