I have a z10 with .2141 installed on att. I had the email sync set to 1 hour but decided I wanted to push these two account I have. One is an exchange account and the other is outlook.com. I switched them both to push and they appear to partially work. If I read an email on my computer through outlook, the phone will show it as read almost instantly. However if I delete or move an email in outlook, it's not deleting or moving on the phone unless I refresh the hub. If I move or delete from phone, outlook is not showing the change either unless I manually refresh the hub. This is a fairly brand new install of 2141. Everything else appears to be working ok but push. I have restarted and pulled the battery. I have tried this with wifi on and wifi off, with same results.

Any ideas?
    02-25-14 11:06 AM
    I have a z10 with .2141 installed on att. I had the email sync set to 1 hour but decided I wanted to push these two account I have. One is an exchange account and the other is outlook.com. I switched them both to push and they appear to partially work. If I read an email on my computer through outlook, the phone will show it as read almost instantly. However if I delete or move an email in outlook, it's not deleting or moving on the phone unless I refresh the hub. If I move or delete from phone, outlook is not showing the change either unless I manually refresh the hub. This is a fairly brand new install of 2141. Everything else appears to be working ok but push. I have restarted and pulled the battery. I have tried this with wifi on and wifi off, with same results.

Any ideas?
    How did you upgrade to .2141? By autoloader, or the Sachesi method? If autoloader and if you restored your accounts via settings, you might want to try deleting and re-adding the accounts. I typically remember to delete all my accounts and re-add them after an upgrade, but forgot this time. My 2 EAS accounts were acting a bit odd after being restored with Settings. Deleting and re-adding fixed them up.
    02-25-14 01:32 PM
    I upgraded with sachesi. I have tried removing the accounts, rebooting and reloaded accounts. No change.

Like I said, it's strange because they come in fast. Get marked as read fast, like push. But if I delete from outlook, push does not work on phone and message doesn't show as deleted. Just sits there. The other way around is the same. If I delete from phone, the mail server doesn't push sync the phone deletion until I refresh manually on the phone. If I change the push to sync every 5 minutes, it works fine. Just not for push on outlook.com or company exchange server hosted by Microsoft.
    02-25-14 01:44 PM
    I upgraded with sachesi. I have tried removing the accounts, rebooting and reloaded accounts. No change.

Like I said, it's strange because they come in fast. Get marked as read fast, like push. But if I delete from outlook, push does not work on phone and message doesn't show as deleted. Just sits there. The other way around is the same. If I delete from phone, the mail server doesn't push sync the phone deletion until I refresh manually on the phone. If I change the push to sync every 5 minutes, it works fine. Just not for push on outlook.com or company exchange server hosted by Microsoft.
    Mine is the same. I've had this issue with android also. I believe it's a standard protocol within active sync, ie, it was designed to do this. Mad I know, but I'm reassured by it guys that it's correct and how it should work.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:14 PM
    Don't shoot me but I don't remember my iphone working that way. It's not a deal breaker, just annoying.
    02-25-14 05:25 PM
    Don't shoot me but I don't remember my iphone working that way. It's not a deal breaker, just annoying.
    IPhone I believe doesn't work this way, you are correct but they are the exception not the rule. Im with you on this. I would like full sync also.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:31 PM
    Well, I used a autoloader on the phone earlier today with 2141. Eas works for getting messages, marking them, but not very well moving or deleting. The last test I ran was from an iPad. I deleted a couple messages from my outlook.com inbox. Push is on on that account. Here I sit 1 hour later and the message is still sitting on the phone. If I manually refresh, they will finally disappear. I shouldn't have to do that. Surely I can't be the only one this is happening to. This is a fairly fresh autoloader install so I really can't blame anything but Blackberries implementation of eas, which appears unacceptable.
    02-25-14 06:50 PM
    I also checked the outlook.com website to verify they really were gone and they are.
    02-25-14 06:51 PM
    Not sure if I was clear before. This isn't a BlackBerry implementation but more a standard protocol of the active sync. The standard implementation of EAS means that messages that are deleted are not automatically synchronised but await a refresh request.
    Apple implemented it differently, they auto refresh on deletion hence why there is an near instantaneous update.

As I said before, I prefer the apple method of implementation but I think I'm right in saying my android phones, my windows phones and of course my BlackBerry all implemented the standard protocol.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:17 AM
    So, what would trigger a refresh request?

And thanks for the help and info.
    02-26-14 05:06 AM
    I believe the refresh happens if you instruct it to, i.e. from the options menu. I think it also happens when you exit and enter the app also, although, I'm not sure if this happens with the hub which I think is always live.

So to answer the question, a refresh from the options menu or pull down and release whilst in the mail app may do it as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 11:29 AM