Well I'm considering not logging out my foursquare since it now has hub integration. But it seems I can't control the notifications coming in.

I'm thinking if the push notifications can affect battery life? Of course it will affect the battery when notifications are coming in. But how about those idle time that there's no notification to be push? Will it still eat battery?

Posted using The Z10
    06-13-13 09:59 AM
    Push is pretty much like real time communication so your radio will be active for more of the time. I haven't used Foursquare but I'm pretty sure they include an update interval sync rate. Go into foursquare and down swipe bezel and check the settings. Better than logging out each time.

It'll drain battery faster but give it a try first and see if there's even a noticeable difference.
    06-13-13 10:11 AM
    Push is pretty much like real time communication so your radio will be active for more of the time. I haven't used Foursquare but I'm pretty sure they include an update interval sync rate. Go into foursquare and down swipe bezel and check the settings. Better than logging out each time.

It'll drain battery faster but give it a try first and see if there's even a noticeable difference.
    This is misinformation. Push is not like a real time communication. Push is more battery efficient. Sync intervals talks/polls a server indefinitely at a set interval, regardless if there is new information. Like calling a pizzeria every minute to ask if your pie is done. In push communications the server let's the device know only when there is new info. Pizzeria calls you when the pie is done. Problems arise when you're a heavy user and there's lots of very frequent new info

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 03:43 PM
    The man knows what he's talking about thanks for clarifying it and correction.
    06-13-13 04:37 PM
    Spot on

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:43 AM