Neutron player has proximity controls, is there any chance we will see that feature for other functions in 10.3?

Z30 144GB
    09-13-14 02:43 AM
    Sure hope so.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 05:54 AM
    What do you mean by proximity controls?
    09-13-14 02:55 PM
    What do you mean by proximity controls?
    In Neutron Player to play or stop music, put your hand near the sensor.
    Wave across once to go forward, twice to go back one track.( you have to turn the feature on as it is off by default)

Z30 144GB
    09-13-14 03:55 PM
    In Neutron Player to play or stop music, put your hand near the sensor.
    Wave across once to go forward, twice to go back one track.( you have to turn the feature on as it is off by default)

Z30 144GB
    Ok, that sounds cool, but isn't it faster to just use the side buttons??

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-13-14 05:32 PM
    Ok, that sounds cool, but isn't it faster to just use the side buttons??

Not when driving....

Z30 144GB
    09-13-14 05:37 PM
    Not when driving....

Z30 144GB
    It's an awesome feature when driving. I use it all the time. Much safer.

Hopefully the proximity feature is put to more use on BB10 phones with third party apps and within the BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 05:40 PM
    It's an awesome feature when driving. I use it all the time. Much safer.

Hopefully the proximity feature is put to more use on BB10 phones with third party apps and within the BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    Really? I have my phone in my holster while I'm driving and streaming music via BT, to skip a song, I just press the volume up key, doesn't take looking at the phone, knowing where to do whatever gesture, it's right there on my belt. I think that'll be a lot safer than having to face the phone and wave your hand a certain way...

09-13-14 07:07 PM
    This sounds a lot like Air View on Samsung phones and depending on the app and its implementation is an incredible interface method . Keeps the screen cleaner too lol.
    09-13-14 07:18 PM
    Really? I have my phone in my holster while I'm driving and streaming music via BT, to skip a song, I just press the volume up key, doesn't take looking at the phone, knowing where to do whatever gesture, it's right there on my belt. I think that'll be a lot safer than having to face the phone and wave your hand a certain way...

The example was just one example as you did ask what it was, I asked if there would be any others in 10.3. It's your choice if you use it or not, like many other features. You don?t have to face the phone, you know where it is in the same way you use the buttons. I did see a speculation coming in 10.3 that placing the phone face down could put it in sleep mode, as other phones like Nokia do.

Z30 144GB
    09-13-14 08:09 PM
    The example was just one example as you did ask what it was, I asked if there would be any others in 10.3. It's your choice if you use it or not, like many other features. You don?t have to face the phone, you know where it is in the same way you use the buttons. I did see a speculation coming in 10.3 that placing the phone face down could put it in sleep mode, as other phones like Nokia do.

Z30 144GB
    I'm all for options too, but people were stating the "fact" that it would be faster to use that while driving. So, I was responding to that...

09-13-14 08:13 PM

Really? That's great.
    I tend to not have my phone in me while driving for safety reasons. My z30 is in a cradle or tucked away somewhere to not distract me. Being in a cradle you don't have to face the phone to make your gestures. Making gestures to play, stop, skip ahead or back songs, can be made in the general area of the phone and it will be picked up by the sensor. It's kind of like using those little buttons you press, but my buttons are much larger.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 10:36 AM
    Really? That's great.
    I tend to not have my phone in me while driving for safety reasons. My z30 is in a cradle or tucked away somewhere to not distract me. Being in a cradle you don't have to face the phone to make your gestures. Making gestures to play, stop, skip ahead or back songs, can be made in the general area of the phone and it will be picked up by the sensor. It's kind of like using those little buttons you press, but my buttons are much larger.

Posted via CB10
    So when you get in and out of your car you need to take the phone out of the cradle and put it back. I just keep it in my holster the entire time. When I get to my location I just get out of the car and leave. The phone automatically turns BT off once it's out of range of my music gateway. But whatever you like. I kind of prefer not having to do anything and still have control over the music because it's right there on my belt, the volume and play keys are exposed while in my holster, don't need to remove it. (Using Seidio belt holster, not the pouch type where the phone is inside of a pouch)

09-14-14 12:26 PM
    If you get a pebble watch you can have the phone playing music in the living room and you can be in the bathroom and still control your music without even touching your phone. No need to say, you might have your phone connected via bluetooth to some speakers or music device and still control the music with your watch.

But again but most people in BlackBerry think smartwatches are a fad....then you see treads like this one......lol

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 01:41 PM
    If you get a pebble watch you can have the phone playing music in the living room and you can be in the bathroom and still control your music without even touching your phone. No need to say, you might have your phone connected via bluetooth to some speakers or music device and still control the music with your watch.

But again but most people in BlackBerry think smartwatches are a fad....then you see treads like this one......lol

Posted via CB10
    This post has nothing to do with watches, my enquiry is about proximity controls.

Z30 144GB
    09-14-14 02:40 PM
    I'm all for options too, but people were stating the "fact" that it would be faster to use that while driving. So, I was responding to that...

Just to clarify...my reply of "not when driving " was not a reply to yours about which method is faster. It was the scenario of actually driving....where I live it is illegal to even touch your phone while driving. $280 penalty and loss of points.

Z30 144GB
    09-14-14 02:49 PM
    Great feature, finally got me to buy neutron player I always have my Z30 in a cradle in my car as it's both my music player, and GPS/Maps. Would be great to see this in more native apps too.

JR
    09-14-14 03:20 PM
    This post has nothing to do with watches, my enquiry is about proximity controls.

Z30 144GB
    As long as you can't see the solution. Yes it has nothing to do.

Btw, what you are specifically asking can be done with an app using the camera* in bb10.

Apps like Powertools "turns off" notifications by simply "waving" your hand above the phone or putting the phone face down. The same principle can be applied with the music app.

*I think Powertools uses the camera on top of the phone for this. Don't ask me how cause I'm not a developer.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 04:34 PM
    As long as you can't see the solution. Yes it has nothing to do.

Btw, what you are specifically asking can be done with an app using the camera* in bb10.

Apps like Powertools "turns off" notifications by simply "waving" your hand above the phone or putting the phone face down. The same principle can be applied with the music app.

*I think Powertools uses the camera on top of the phone for this. Don't ask me how cause I'm not a developer.

Posted via CB10
    Again, not asking about watches, great idea, but not what this question is about, like maybe being able to take a call, see the picture...there are apps, like the one I mentioned, but again, the question is about OS.

Proximity control-dirty-hands.jpg

Z30 144GB
    09-14-14 05:30 PM
    Thread moved to BlackBerry 10 OS
    09-25-14 02:08 AM