Hí everybody, got a bit of an issue I'm hoping someone can help me out with. I've been using Blend on win8.1 and Q10 mostly without issues for years. This past week I installed proton VPN on desktop and ever since Blend is not able to connect to the phone. I tried it with Proton completely turned off and reboot and áll that jazz and still get same results. Blend keeps saying something with the vírus protection is making the connection fail, but no real details or error report to follow.
    Anybody ever had this happen?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-21 07:19 PM
    Reinstall the driver in windows

andor

Many anti virus programs have no own firewall detailsbut are ontop ofthe windows firewall

Open thewindows firewall
    Try only experimentally to turnit off
    And test it

Makesure youturn the firewallbackon and rather strict on the rules than loose on therules
    Youcan still reload defaults inthere if you botch so do step bystep

Youneedtofind things like

Blackberry tunnelmanager
    Or
    Rim thisnthat

Allthebest
    02-09-21 10:37 AM
    Ok no idea what any of that firewall thing means or how to do it BUT reinstalled the drivers and Blend. Still doesn't work with Proton VPN turned on, even with Blend added to the list of excluded programs from tunneling. With VPN disconnected it seems to work now so that's half the battle. Now Just gotta figure out how to make it work with VPN on as well. Also now Blend actually says it needs VPN tuned off as the error message.....so back to the original problem: how do I make Blend work with Proton VPN connected?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-21 02:09 PM
    how do I make Blend work with Proton VPN connected?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you can.

As far as I understand it, fuse needs some of those OS assets to make Blend work.
    02-09-21 02:13 PM
    I don't think you can.

As far as I understand it, fuse needs some of those OS assets to make Blend work.
    D'oH!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-21 04:29 PM
    I don't think you can.

Right, it uses local network assets. Using a VPN locks those local network assets out.
    02-09-21 09:33 PM