I just get this updated version of this and 1.6 GB, can anyone who updated this version advice what is the Pro's and Con's after updated? Battery life, performance, security and other's? Appreciate much.

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    TGIS likes this.
    04-16-17 07:35 AM
    A few tweaks to the browser. That's about it.

Many people have had issues with OTA updating and had to use an autoloader after for a clean install.
    BrooklynBerryAddict and TGIS like this.
    04-16-17 07:40 AM
    A few tweaks to the browser. That's about it.

Many people have had issues with OTA updating and had to use an autoloader after for a clean install.
    Thank you so much Conite.

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-16-17 08:44 AM
    No pros just cons. Stick with 10.3.2. As 10.3.3 isn't worth it.

Zed30™ 10.3.3
    TGIS likes this.
    04-16-17 08:50 AM
    DO NOT UPDATE! Not worth the risk of having your phone freeze and all the other issues that come with 10.3.3
    TGIS likes this.
    04-16-17 10:10 AM
    No pros just cons. Stick with 10.3.2. As 10.3.3 isn't worth it.

Zed30™ 10.3.3
    DO NOT UPDATE! Not worth the risk of having your phone freeze and all the other issues that come with 10.3.3
    The issues aren't universal. I have it installed on a large number of various BB10 devices and have no problems.

A clean install is usually the key to success.
    TGIS likes this.
    04-16-17 10:40 AM
    I am not sure what the improvement was here. Every website is super slow to upload. Lots of pages are now blocked. The way it works with FB is a disaster, if you're on there. We got Vimeo access back. (btw, I have a BlackBerry classic). I will just have to switch to Android soon and give in. So sad bc BlackBerry is a solid piece of hardware and nothing comes close to the keyboard in terms of speed and accuracy.
    04-16-17 01:39 PM
    I for one, and my wife for another, updated to the latest version of 10.3.3 OTA and have had no problems with the OS. As Conite did, I also updated my development devices OTA with no problems. There is a thread wit a cumulative list of changes. If those changes are important to you then the update is probably worth it.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    04-16-17 01:44 PM
    I also have had no issues with 10.3.3.x, and I've been Blitzing since Blitzing was invented. Everything worked the same or a little smoother.

Okay, one issue. I had to delete then recreate my Bluetooth connections.

....and do the Facebook workaround to get the old FB app and Hub notifications (there's a thread on it).

No freezes, no hassles.

YMMV.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    04-16-17 05:35 PM
    10.3.3 has a better battery life

Posted via my Passport!
    04-17-17 02:43 AM
    Have to say since BB10 users have to use the Web in place of many apps, the update (10.3.3) to the browser has greatly improved my user experience and has breathed new life into my Passport

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 08:24 AM
    If you own a Z30 and are with Verizon, don't do the upgrade. The over the air update crashed my phone almost a month later. The first autoloader lasted two weeks, then same crash. The second autoloader went three weeks, then same crash. There is a Blackberry acknowledgement that some phones are crashing on the 10.3.3.2205 update and that Blackberry is clueless as to why.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 10:15 AM
    The issues aren't universal. I have it installed on a large number of various BB10 devices and have no problems.

A clean install is usually the key to success.
    Problem is with LINK not working all that well for 10.3.3 users... doing a backup, installing 10.3.3 and then getting LINK to do a restore, isn't a guarantee. Not an issue for me, but I think "some" have never had to deal with a non OTA update.

May not be as secure... but Google and Apple have both made restoring your phone, a very simple process.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-17-17 01:49 PM
    Problem is with LINK not working all that well for 10.3.3 users... doing a backup, installing 10.3.3 and then getting LINK to do a restore, isn't a guarantee. Not an issue for me, but I think "some" have never had to deal with a non OTA update.

May not be as secure... but Google and Apple have both made restoring your phone, a very simple process.
    I've never used Link to do a restore. It causes more problems than it solves.

I recommend Ultimate Backup from BBW. It doesn't touch settings. Better to start over with those.

BB10 OTA has always been a mess unfortunately.

Autoloaders are the only way to go. Sucks for the normal user who just wants to use his/her phone.
    04-17-17 01:53 PM
    No problem here since january. Do the OTA at night, turn off your network afterwards(preferable flight mode) to let the os settle all night, being to make use of your device when its morning.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 04:22 PM
    I've never used Link to do a restore. It causes more problems than it solves. .....

Autoloaders are the only way to go. Sucks for the normal user who just wants to use his/her phone.
    I have quite the opposite experience. I have an assortment of BB10 devices. I have always updated OTA, never been any problem.
    Also Link has been working perfectly for backup and restore on Win7 32&64 bit and Windows 10 as well.

10.3.3 has been good on all devices except for Q10 where there's a little glitch (feature?) where the word suggestion area stays up but blank when you're done, just taking up a bit of screen space
    04-17-17 04:45 PM
    Had problems on my LEAP with the os version before 2205..lots of little things (used to be called gremlins). 2205/1463 is doing just great..very stable, battery life great, all but two of my android apps work just fine!!! just my experience..
    Tony
    04-17-17 09:02 PM
    I've never used Link to do a restore. It causes more problems than it solves.

I recommend Ultimate Backup from BBW. It doesn't touch settings. Better to start over with those.

I've always done a non-destructive through Sachesi, without issue. Link is terrible, and no 3rd party backup is useful, when you need your browser bookmarks and word substitute entries.
    04-17-17 10:34 PM
    No problem here since january. Do the OTA at night, turn off your network afterwards(preferable flight mode) to let the os settle all night, being to make use of your device when its morning.

Posted via CB10
    I've always switched to airplane mode prior to updating, and waited till the system CPU is down in the teens consistently, before turning it off, and using the phone again.
    04-17-17 10:37 PM
    I've always done a non-destructive through Sachesi, without issue. Link is terrible, and no 3rd party backup is useful, when you need your browser bookmarks and word substitute entries.
    True about bookmarks and word substitutions. The two biggest gaps in 3rd party backup solutions.

I've usually had success with Sachesi, but every now and then...
    04-17-17 10:37 PM
    True about bookmarks and word substitutions. The two biggest gaps in 3rd party backup solutions.

I've usually had success with Sachesi, but every now and then...
    Ok, upon further reflection, I have had the occasional issue. A downgrade to the previous version, and subsequent upgrade, has resolved it.
    04-17-17 10:43 PM
    A pro: in the browser's video player, you can zoom playing videos on 10.3.3. I couldn't do that on 10.3.2. I like being able to get rid of the letterboxing.
    04-18-17 12:00 AM
    A pro: in the browser's video player, you can zoom playing videos on 10.3.3. I couldn't do that on 10.3.2. I like being able to get rid of the letterboxing.
    You Realize that getting rid of letter boxing means you are cutting off the sides of the video to do it?

As to 10.3.3, I have it on my Z30, and since downloading, I find that I suffer many memory freezes (may be that I am just out of room on my card and internal memory), and the browser has been worse. Web sites taking forever to load, sizes of the website not adjusting to the phone screen and not being able to pinch to zoom in and out (I'm talking about you AirMiles. ) where I find the same site works fine in Evolution Browser, and just tonight, YouTube stopped playing in the background. Not sure if this is a temp glitch or not.

I find it very hard to know who the culprit is when things don't work right. Could be the app, could be the server, could be the OS.

Good luck with your phone and upgrade of you choose to except it.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 12:36 AM
    You Realize that getting rid of letter boxing means you are cutting off the sides of the video to do it?

As to 10.3.3, I have it on my Z30, and since downloading, I find that I suffer many memory freezes (may be that I am just out of room on my card and internal memory), and the browser has been worse. Web sites taking forever to load, sizes of the website not adjusting to the phone screen and not being able to pinch to zoom in and out (I'm talking about you AirMiles. ) where I find the same site works fine in Evolution Browser, and just tonight, YouTube stopped playing in the background. Not sure if this is a temp glitch or not.

I find it very hard to know who the culprit is when things don't work right. Could be the app, could be the server, could be the OS.

Good luck with your phone and upgrade of you choose to except it.

Posted via CB10
    You are right it is getting difficult to tell where the problems are. Air miles is fine. I mean it is atrocious, built by people who would rather follow the advice of their marketing firm than try to maybe throw their customers a bone every now and then. But it loads and zooms fine for me.

Many sites don't load, or load and then do something bad to the browser. But when I go to those sites on another platform I usually wish I didn't. They are 90% click bate, tracking bugs, auto play ad video, scroll following and content obscuring widgets. Now when something doesn't load on my BlackBerry, especially when I'm on Facebook or Twitter, I just sigh and am happy I didn't loose any more time forever.

The browser is falling behind the rest, and when the advances in web design start being used for something I care about that will probably be the time I start looking for a new phone. For now I'm putting that in the pro column.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    04-18-17 04:27 AM
    You are right it is getting difficult to tell where the problems are. Air miles is fine. I mean it is atrocious, built by people who would rather follow the advice of their marketing firm than try to maybe throw their customers a bone every now and then. But it loads and zooms fine for me.

Many sites don't load, or load and then do something bad to the browser. But when I go to those sites on another platform I usually wish I didn't. They are 90% click bate, tracking bugs, auto play ad video, scroll following and content obscuring widgets. Now when something doesn't load on my BlackBerry, especially when I'm on Facebook or Twitter, I just sigh and am happy I didn't loose any more time forever.

The browser is falling behind the rest, and when the advances in web design start being used for something I care about that will probably be the time I start looking for a new phone. For now I'm putting that in the pro column.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    Well said. I typically only use my z30 to surf, so maybe I have been luck to not experience the true monstrosity of online ads, but I still get auto play videos and wav files which hijack my radio (I can't stand that).

As to Airmiles, the rewards pages, once there, can be zoomed, but not the landing page.

I really should try some other phones to see how bad it can be.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 06:00 AM
26 12