I know all the jokes about 10.3.3 never coming and once it came, I'm more frustrated with BlackBerry than I have ever been in my long tenure of using BlackBerry Phones.

I got a notification yesterday from CrackBerry that 10.3.3 was available. I checked for updates on my unlocked STA 100-5 Z30 using a T-Mobile sim. There was 10.3.3.1359 available. I updated it. I had to reset some new profiles (re-sign in to BB ID, re-connect Bluetooth devices, etc...) which was no big deal. No new functionalities or an update log, fine.

This morning, I see that all Facebook features or notifications in the Hub were removed. Again, I knew this was coming and while I think this is an absolutely worthless change for no reason, I accept it.

My issue is that I cannot send text messages anymore. Every time I hit "Send", the message gets locked in the pending phase. I have repeatedly tried restarting my phone, pulling the SIM card, and I can get a few messages sent but within 5 minutes it goes back to pending anything. There was no issue of this at all before the update. Does anybody have any suggestions or ways I can get a basic functionality (SMS) working consistently on my phone again? I'm ok with the App gap. I'm ok with Facebook doing dumb things. I am not ok with my phone not being able to send a text message.

For other problem-solving additions, I am able to make phone calls and the settings appear to show that I have 4G - LTE so I don't think my SIM card is the problem. Really, until the update, I have not had any issues with my Z30 and have loved every minute of it.
    12-01-16 04:17 PM
    Updated last night and today the phone wouldn't connect to bluetooth. This has been flawless for the last several months.
    After searching on here a bit someone mentioned to delete the phone from Sync and repair. As repairing alone wasn't working I deleted the phone completely and did the new device pairing which worked. Music was playing and all was good until the wife opened her car door and poof. Bluetooth disconnected again. Presumably I'll now have to repair again.
    Anyone else getting this with their Ford? Any solutions?

Also I just connected to my BT headphones and so far... they're working properly for playback.
    Last edited by Boight; 12-01-16 at 06:59 PM. Reason: add
    12-01-16 06:49 PM
    Re-pairing the Bluetooth was no problem. Send text messages still is.... can receive them but doesn't send without restarting for every SMS.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 02:59 AM
    That's odd. Our z30's texting is no problem. Just BT.
    12-02-16 05:18 AM
    Had to switch back to my Bold 9900 in order to text anybody. Extremely frustrating. Anybody have any suggestions to fix this??

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 02:40 PM
    Wow! All is not well with the latest update. Guess I'll wait.
    12-03-16 05:44 PM
    Had that problem a few times, and in my case it was fixed by reentering the outgoing server number for text messages in the hub/settings/text messages sms menu. I did had to call the carrier to find out what the number was or you could ask a friend with the same carrier to look it up for you in his/her phone. Hope it helps
    12-03-16 07:03 PM
    My BT won't connect either. It's a P.I.T.A.
    Last edited by BruvvaPete; 12-05-16 at 04:41 PM.
    12-05-16 12:31 AM
    I "fixed" my BT by using Darcy's tools and extracting the BT bar from the previous OS and overwriting the current one. All is good now.
    12-05-16 05:24 AM
    I "fixed" my BT by using Darcy's tools and extracting the BT bar from the previous OS and overwriting the current one. All is good now.
    Who's tools from where ?
    12-05-16 04:40 PM
    Darcy's tools. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-tools-956835/
    Search around the forum for the previous OS for your device (I used Z30_10.3.02.2888_STA100-1-2-3-4-5-6.7z), download and let the Darcy's tools open it. Find the BT file and write it to your BB.
    giftsonbb likes this.
    12-06-16 09:09 AM
    Updated last night and today the phone wouldn't connect to bluetooth. This has been flawless for the last several months.
    After searching on here a bit someone mentioned to delete the phone from Sync and repair. As repairing alone wasn't working I deleted the phone completely and did the new device pairing which worked. Music was playing and all was good until the wife opened her car door and poof. Bluetooth disconnected again. Presumably I'll now have to repair again.
    Anyone else getting this with their Ford? Any solutions?

Also I just connected to my BT headphones and so far... they're working properly for playback.
    I'm having trouble connecting to Bluetooth as well, both in my Pebble & car. Did you find another fix, more likely a permanent one?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 11:10 AM
    I'm having trouble connecting to Bluetooth as well, both in my Pebble & car. Did you find another fix, more likely a permanent one?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, missed your fix in the earlier post. Will try it to see if that works for me. Thanks Boight!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 11:14 AM
    I know all the jokes about 10.3.3 never coming and once it came, I'm more frustrated with BlackBerry than I have ever been in my long tenure of using BlackBerry Phones.

I got a notification yesterday from CrackBerry that 10.3.3 was available. I checked for updates on my unlocked STA 100-5 Z30 using a T-Mobile sim. There was 10.3.3.1359 available. I updated it. I had to reset some new profiles (re-sign in to BB ID, re-connect Bluetooth devices, etc...) which was no big deal. No new functionalities or an update log, fine.

This morning, I see that all Facebook features or notifications in the Hub were removed. Again, I knew this was coming and while I think this is an absolutely worthless change for no reason, I accept it.

My issue is that I cannot send text messages anymore. Every time I hit "Send", the message gets locked in the pending phase. I have repeatedly tried restarting my phone, pulling the SIM card, and I can get a few messages sent but within 5 minutes it goes back to pending anything. There was no issue of this at all before the update. Does anybody have any suggestions or ways I can get a basic functionality (SMS) working consistently on my phone again? I'm ok with the App gap. I'm ok with Facebook doing dumb things. I am not ok with my phone not being able to send a text message.

For other problem-solving additions, I am able to make phone calls and the settings appear to show that I have 4G - LTE so I don't think my SIM card is the problem. Really, until the update, I have not had any issues with my Z30 and have loved every minute of it.
    Hi, I would try reinstalling the radio file only using Sachesi. Maybe just apply the Blitz file to hopefully correct any other anomalies but try the radio file first. The radio files are available in the autoloader post. I have a Z30 and no issues at all with texting etc. I used and have been for a long while the Blitz approach.
    12-06-16 01:05 PM
    Ok. I think I have problem shot it down to wifi calling. In previous builds, there's a way to turn off wifi calling via app. I can't find that any more and have scavenged the entire OS.

Does anybody know how to turn off wifi calling on 10.3.3??

Posted via CB10
    12-13-16 02:56 AM
    Since in the only 10.3.3 user that appears to have this problem, I found the solution.

The problem appears to be from unlocked phones on T-mobile network (most likely only Z30's) that have Wi-Fi calling embedded into the update. Because it gives preference to Wi-Fi calling, it also gives preference to Wi-fi texting which doesn't work. It simply loads the text but never is able to send it. I looked for the Wi-Fi calling app which seems to have been removed. I found it by following this:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/35524900/

I was able to re-install Wi-Fi calling app when I previously couldn't find it on BlackBerry World. Everything appears to be normal now and I don't want to throw my phone across the room for not being able to do simple texting functions.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 04:13 AM