So...

I jumped off a sinking ship, Sprint, to go to Verizon. Regretfully I have been unsuccessful in migrating devices and am stuck with an Android phone (or tethering my -4 Q10) until I can get my new(er) Verizon Q10 working.

I have used the BB Link 'Switch devices' option, it performs a backup on my old phone and spends a lot of time writing something to the 'new' Verizon branded device. However after chugging away for an hour or two, I reboot the new Verizon device and there is no semblance of my old device. Its as stock as when I did a system wipe. No apps, no google/amazon android apps (even though it looked like they were in the backup and restore manifests), no revised settings.

What am I missing? Going back to Sprint is NOT an option.

If I have to set this thing up from scratch my Blackberry days are over as I do not have the time to do go through all of this again downloading, installing, logging in, tweaking, etc.

Is there something else I need to do? Something missing? Both devices were running latest BBOS.
    07-26-17 05:33 PM
    Try doing just a regular backup instead of switch devices.

If I have to set this thing up from scratch my Blackberry days are over as I do not have the time to do go through all of this again downloading, installing, logging in, tweaking, etc.
    To each their own but, you know, anything you move to is also going to require setting up lol.
    07-26-17 08:48 PM
    Already tried the backup and restore function outside of switch devices. No change.

Try doing just a regular backup instead of switch devices.

To each their own but, you know, anything you move to is also going to require setting up lol.
    Yes, but I had an iPhone until nine months ago (left the BB realm for 18 months), so restoring that profile to a new device would be much easier than these hoops.
    07-26-17 09:17 PM