Ever since I changed my Google password, I have not been able to get my CardDav to work. I was able to update my Gmail and CalDAV accounts just fine.

When I try to update my password on my CardDav account, I get: "An unexpected problem occurred. Some features may not be working properly."

Has any one had this issue or figured out a work around?

Thanks.
    03-15-19 06:07 PM
    Ever since I changed my Google password, I have not been able to get my CardDav to work. I was able to update my Gmail and CalDAV accounts just fine.

When I try to update my password on my CardDav account, I get: "An unexpected problem occurred. Some features may not be working properly."

Has any one had this issue or figured out a work around?

Thanks.

Yes, you will need to add the account manually;

First, remove the existing contacts account (if it's still there), then go to your Google account and ensure 2FA is disabled and also make sure the so called "allow less secure apps" is enabled.

If you wish to leave 2FA enabled, you can also create an app password and use the created password for step # 6.

Now follow these instructions carefully:

1. Go to Accounts.

2. Select Add Account.

3. Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

4. Tap CardDav.

5. Enter whatever you like for a description, and your Gmail e-mail address for username and e-mail address.

6.Enter your Gmail password for the password.

7. For the Server Address, enter the following:

https://www.googleapis.com/.well-known/carddav

You might also need to sign out of Google from the browser to make this work.

The suspicion is Google depreciated an URL, but in any case this method is confirmed to work for contacts.
    03-15-19 06:22 PM
    Thanks very much! I think the new server address did the trick.
    03-15-19 06:50 PM
    Have the same problem and the above server address doesn't work. Any other workarounds? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 09:18 AM
    Have the same problem and the above server address doesn't work. Any other workarounds? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Are you signed into Google from your browser?

Are you sure the "allow less secure apps" is enabled?

Do you have 2FA turned on or off?

The server address is confirmed to be working so it might be something else that's causing the sync issue. What is the error message that you're getting?
    03-19-19 10:01 AM
    Are you signed into Google from your browser?

Are you sure the "allow less secure apps" is enabled?

Do you have 2FA turned on or off?

The server address is confirmed to be working so it might be something else that's causing the sync issue. What is the error message that you're getting?
    Did all that but I have NO idea where the 2FA may be? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 10:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    2FA (two factor authentication) would be found under "security" on your Google account.

Just to clarify, you said you are signed OUT of Google on your devices' browser, correct?
    03-19-19 10:19 AM
    Done everything you recommended. Getting an error that says, "An unexpected error occurred. Some features may not be working properly".

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 10:47 AM

Posted via CB10

Done everything you recommended. Getting an error that says, "An unexpected error occurred. Some features may not be working properly".

Posted via CB10
    So is 2FA ON or OFF?

What happens when you hit "done" after entering all the correct information?
    Are you asked to enter a code that's been sent to you by SMS?
    03-19-19 11:08 AM
    2 step verification is off.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 11:21 AM
    2 step verification is off.

Posted via CB10
    Are you signed into Google anywhere else on your device?
    03-19-19 11:28 AM
    No code by SMS, either.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 11:29 AM
    Are you signed into Google anywhere else on your device?
    No. Not on my BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 11:31 AM
    No. Not on my BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Well, if you've legitimately done everything that's been suggested with still no luck then I must say I'm stumped.

Paging @TrumpetTiger...
    03-19-19 11:36 AM
    Well, if you've legitimately done everything that's been suggested with still no luck then I must say I'm stumped.

Paging @TrumpetTiger...
    Thanks for your help!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 12:22 PM
    Thanks for your help!

Posted via CB10
    Hey truth,

Do you have "less-secure" apps turned on in your Google Account? Google has become more aggressive recently about resetting things that, in their infinite wisdom, they've decided might not be good for users to have turned on. That setting is necessary for all these items to work.

As for Google being signed in, you're double-sure that that's not the case anywhere on the Passport? I've found that Google sometimes leaves my BB browser signed into my account unless I have specifically signed out. Ditto if you've signed into YouTube or any Google-related services on the browser since the reset.
    03-19-19 01:34 PM
    Had less secure apps turned on and I was not signed in to my Google account on my BlackBerry Passport nor on YouTube. FYI : I just did a factory reset of my BlackBerry Passport today.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 01:50 PM
    Had less secure apps turned on and I was not signed in to my Google account on my BlackBerry Passport nor on YouTube. FYI : I just did a factory reset of my BlackBerry Passport today.

Posted via CB10
    I'm working on some screenshots so we can double-check everything's kosher in your account settings truth, but while I do that: to confirm, you're adding the CardDAV account separately from your Gmail/CalDAV account, yes? Not trying to add all three at once the old way?
    03-19-19 02:07 PM
    I'm working on some screenshots so we can double-check everything's kosher in your account settings truth, but while I do that: to confirm, you're adding the CardDAV account separately from your Gmail/CalDAV account, yes? Not trying to add all three at once the old way?
    I've done it both ways, separately and I tried adding all three at once. Not working for me. Thank you for your prompt assistance.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 02:11 PM
    I've done it both ways, separately and I tried adding all three at once. Not working for me. Thank you for your prompt assistance.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm...all right. This method is confirmed to work so let's see if we can determine what is going on. In your Google Account security settings, do all your settings match those in the screenshots?

Also, and I mention this because it actually happened....are you absolutely certain you're entering the server address correctly, including the . before well-known?Problems with CardDav.-account1.jpg

Problems with CardDav.-account2.jpg

Problems with CardDav.-account3.jpg
    03-19-19 02:25 PM
    Everything matches. Still not working.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 02:34 PM
    Everything matches. Still not working.

Posted via CB10
    My only other suggestion would be the use of an autoloader rather than a factory reset, as if the URL you are entering is indeed entirely accurate (including the https:// and the . before the well-known) and your security settings match those in the screenshot everything should be fine. I have to assume there is some sort of account remnant that survived the factory reset.

We have confirmed that the URL you are typing exactly matches the one above, yes? And that a full e-mail address is being used for both the username and e-mail address fields?
    By the way, you always want to add the contacts separately from the other Gmail elements, so trying to add them all at once will never work.
    03-19-19 02:46 PM
    My only other suggestion would be the use of an autoloader rather than a factory reset, as if the URL you are entering is indeed entirely accurate (including the https:// and the . before the well-known) and your security settings match those in the screenshot everything should be fine. I have to assume there is some sort of account remnant that survived the factory reset.

We have confirmed that the URL you are typing exactly matches the one above, yes? And that a full e-mail address is being used for both the username and e-mail address fields?
    By the way, you always want to add the contacts separately from the other Gmail elements, so trying to add them all at once will never work.
    Oh my goodness. My username was not the same as the email address.

Works now! Thank you so much!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 02:50 PM
    Oh my goodness. My username was not the same as the email address.

Works now! Thank you so much!

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes it's the easy things.

You're quite welcome; glad you got it up and going!
    03-19-19 03:14 PM
    On year later and I have this same problem . Changed my password and the Passport has stop syncing with the Googles servers. I have the security on the account as described. I've tried to delete and re-add the account several times, with no success.

My Passport is not my daily drive and contains no SIM. It is a WiFi device only. My key2 is the drive right now.

The error is that it can't add the contacts at this moment and try again later. Later never comes.

I have the Google Play Store install along with all the Google apps required to work with the Play Store. Should this app be killed, deleted from the Accounts?
    05-24-20 02:06 PM
29 12