I guess there is a few people that may have seen the problem I was having in some previous threads (here and here), so I just thought I share should there be anyone who is going to experience the same issue down the road.

Just to re-cap the problem:

Ever since the 10.0.10.82 Software and 10.0.10.648 OS update I've been getting this screen when trying to launch certain apps which was both side-loaded android apps as well as ported android apps downloaded from BB World:

Attachment 146436

It basically just showed for a few seconds and closed on its own without launching the app. I first thought it was a buggy OS release as I didn't encounter the issue before the update and the apps that was giving me the issue worked perfectly fine beforehand. Even a couple of device reboots and deleting and re-installing the apps didn't resolve the issue for me.

After doing some reading and getting advice from some fellow Crackberry peeps, a problem like this could be either with the Android run-time player or a botched android (ported or side-loaded) app.

How to fix it:

You can fix this by doing either:

1) a complete security wipe.
    2) a complete security wipe and OS reload.

I will suggest to try only a wipe first, re-sync only your BB id account and then just re-install a ported and/or sideloaded android app to see if the issue has been resolved. If it don't work then you will need to do a full OS re-load as well.

But here is the important part -- Based on my experience, don't restore your phone using a back-up created with Blackberry Link. I tested out an app first and it worked fine, but when I did a full re-store of my back-up the issue appeared again. My only guess is that I had a botched app somewhere that also affected the Android Runtime player causing it not to work with any other apps. So I did the process again and everything was ok after I basically restored the phone by doing everything manually and from scratch (re-synching all my accounts, changing my settings, re-downloading and installing my apps, etc.). It's a painly process, but it helped fixing the issue and everything is working again.

I know this is not a very common issue, but should anyone run into it in the future I hope my experience might help out. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

I guess the real lesson I've learned with this experience is to not always only rely on your back-ups created with your desktop software because even they might fail. The rule is to always have another additional back-up of your data, and also to have it in a different form of the original which is also backed-up both locally and in cloud services. It's tedious but believe me, it has saved me more than once
    04-04-13 01:54 PM
    When you say OS reload do you mean going through and installing everything and adding all the accounts again? If not, how do you reload the OS onto the hardware?
    04-04-13 06:29 PM
    When you say OS reload do you mean going through and installing everything and adding all the accounts again? If not, how do you reload the OS onto the hardware?
    Yes. Reloading the whole OS with Blackberry Link using the restore function and then adding all the accounts again.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:42 AM
    Has anyone else found a solution that doesnt require not restore from your backup file?
    04-07-13 10:46 AM
    I would only get that bb icon when I try to launch a sideload app right after I restarted the phone. I'm assuming I shouldve waited for the phone to fully initialize.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 01:11 PM
    Has anyone else found a solution that doesnt require not restore from your backup file?
    Not what I know of. After everything was fine I strangely got the issue again yesterday, but after just a simple restart all is good again. Weird issue this...
    04-08-13 11:22 AM
    It's not ready for prime time. It's an old gingerbread runtime...useless. wait till they upgrade it. Apps are over rated. Otherwise BlackBerry world would have some.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:49 AM