For some reason I cannot open pdfs from one of my companies. Documents and so forth work. Just says the pdf is corrupt or damaged. My S3 and my old iphone 4s opens them just fine. Any fixes?
    Attached Thumbnails Problem with PDFs in email-img_00000007.jpg  
    02-08-13 05:43 AM
    I have the same problem! But it is the same problem which is on the playbook, the problem is that Blackberry can't rename the file. For example, if the file name is scan001.pdf, and my scanner always give them that name, if you have downloaded one of these files in the past, and they are still on the device, you will get this error until you delete the old file. This is stupid and needs to be fixed asap by blackberry. Its very simple, they just need to be able to automatically rename the file to scan001(1).pdf, like windows or Linux does
    02-08-13 09:04 AM
    Your phone isnt defective dw
    02-08-13 06:05 PM
    Same issue here. I am unable to open certain pdf files.

I have been able to reproduce the issue. For me, the only pdf files that I am unable to open are ones that are sent from within the Preview app from an Apple computer (using the share button, via email). These attachments show up as unnamed files in the Blackberry Hub.

However, if I go to my gmail webmail in the browser, I can open the pdf. If I forward the email back to myself from my gmail webmail, then I can open it in the Hub. Alternately, if I forward it back to myself from any other device (Android tablet, Windows PC), the pdf can also be opened in the Hub.

So strange and a pain in the rear.
    02-11-13 08:50 AM
    I have seen this in the past as well, but if I save the PDF to the file system, and then open it via File Manager, I can view it fine.
    02-11-13 09:16 AM