My Outlook email is setup using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. If it's a fresh install, I have no problem opening attachments. About ten minutes after the fresh install, if I receive an email with attachment, I can't open it. Then I have to do a new fresh install to open the attachment. From there the cycle continue with the same problem. I also tried to remove from my Web Outlook my BlackBerry phone before a fresh install. I don't use BES12 and I'm using a Passport. This problem started when Microsoft moved from Hotmail to Office365 about 10 days ago in my case. At that time I had to reconfigure my Windows Outlook as suggested by Microsoft in an email they sent me. I also use a second email account with my Internet provider without problem. I also use an iPad for for my Outlook account without any problems since the modification. So it sounds like the problem comes from BlackBerry related to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 12:05 PM
    I have a similar problem. I cannot open/download any attachments on my Q10 from my outlook.com account. Interestingly, I cannot do the same thing even on my computer, although in that case it has just been pdf files.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 02:43 PM
    Have you tried the solutions posted on http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1045910

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 07:51 PM
    Have you tried the solutions posted on http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1045910

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, my phone doesn't even show up as connected even when I start from scratch.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 11:01 PM
    I have tried a soft reset holding down volume up and down, but no success.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 06:15 AM
    Just refresh the list and connect through server eas.outlook.com port 443 and ssl on

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 03:20 PM
    My Outlook email is setup using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. If it's a fresh install, I have no problem opening attachments. About ten minutes after the fresh install, if I receive an email with attachment, I can't open it. Then I have to do a new fresh install to open the attachment. From there the cycle continue with the same problem. I also tried to remove from my Web Outlook my BlackBerry phone before a fresh install. I don't use BES12 and I'm using a Passport. This problem started when Microsoft moved from Hotmail to Office365 about 10 days ago in my case. At that time I had to reconfigure my Windows Outlook as suggested by Microsoft in an email they sent me. I also use a second email account with my Internet provider without problem. I also use an iPad for for my Outlook account without any problems since the modification. So it sounds like the problem comes from BlackBerry related to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.

Posted via CB10
    Remove the BlackBerry from the device list and refresh. Tried it a couple of times, now it's working all fine again. (I've had the same issue as you, posted different solutions as well)

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 03:23 PM
    Just refresh the list and connect through server eas.outlook.com port 443 and ssl on

Posted via CB10
    That's how mine is setup. Deleting and adding the account after a hard restart only led to a temporary solution. But like I said, it occurs on the computer itself, so perhaps Microsoft has some issue still with the upgrade outlook.com.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 03:26 PM
    Remove the BlackBerry from the device list and refresh. Tried it a couple of times, now it's working all fine again. (I've had the same issue as you, posted different solutions as well)

Posted via CB10
    I tried all the solutions

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 04:13 PM
    Oups I pressed the post button to fast. I tried all the solutions you said without success. I also tried with this server outlook.office365.com and of course with eas.office365.com.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 04:16 PM
    Oups I pressed the post button to fast. I tried all the solutions you said without success. I also tried with this server outlook.office365.com and of course with eas.office365.com.

Posted via CB10
    Also with eas.outlook.com port 443 ssl enabled

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 01:53 AM
    I did a hard reset without any success. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 06:55 AM
    Yeah, me too. Now I cannot download any attachments on my phone regardless of file type.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 07:25 AM
    Since I always get my emails and the problem is with downloading attachments, it looks like it is related with a security layer. Like I said in my first post, if it's a fresh install of Outlook, I can open attachments. But after about 15 minutes, if I get another email with attachment, I can't open the attachment. The attachments that I was able to open before are still viewable. So I presume that a security layer is establishing in the process. Does this make sense?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 08:36 AM
    Since I always get my emails and the problem is with downloading attachments, it looks like it is related with a security layer. Like I said in my first post, if it's a fresh install of Outlook, I can open attachments. But after about 15 minutes, if I get another email with attachment, I can't open the attachment. The attachments that I was able to open before are still viewable. So I presume that a security layer is establishing in the process. Does this make sense?

Posted via CB10
    If I delete and add the account, downloading attachments works for a short time for me as well.

If it is security, it must be an outlook.com issue. I can forward the email to my work EAS account and download attachments just fine.

Has anyone noticed this issue on non-BB phones?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 09:08 AM
    If I delete and add the account, downloading attachments works for a short time for me as well.

If it is security, it must be an outlook.com issue. I can forward the email to my work EAS account and download attachments just fine.

Has anyone noticed this issue on non-BB phones?

Posted via CB10
    I have exactly what you describe. Very weird.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 10:42 AM
    I have done the exact same thing and exact same issues.
    I have two hotmail accounts, one is flawless and the other just works when Re added and then stops.

However, someone in another thread suggested:
    On a pc in outlook, go to settings, in general there is a tab called mobile devices.
    All my BlackBerrys were listed, so I went to the one that was annoying me and just deleted it.
    Went back to my phone and I'm supposed to hit refresh...
    This step did not work for me.
    So then I just deleted and Re added. So far it is working great as last few times I have deleted and Re added this account, the attachments failed to download from the get go.
    Who knows...
    This is Hotmails issue, also I did not get any email from Microsoft to change anything at all...

Oh i also have a BlackBerry Priv, so I decided to add the account to that phone, so atleast i can do work while I can...worked flawless and just stopped.
    So I've done the same refresh thing on that too.

Will report back after few hours to see if it working or just another hype.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 08:12 PM
    I have done the exact same thing and exact same issues.
    I have two hotmail accounts, one is flawless and the other just works when Re added and then stops.

However, someone in another thread suggested:
    On a pc in outlook, go to settings, in general there is a tab called mobile devices.
    All my BlackBerrys were listed, so I went to the one that was annoying me and just deleted it.
    Went back to my phone and I'm supposed to hit refresh...
    This step did not work for me.
    So then I just deleted and Re added. So far it is working great as last few times I have deleted and Re added this account, the attachments failed to download from the get go.
    Who knows...
    This is Hotmails issue, also I did not get any email from Microsoft to change anything at all...

Oh i also have a BlackBerry Priv, so I decided to add the account to that phone, so atleast i can do work while I can...worked flawless and just stopped.
    So I've done the same refresh thing on that too.

Will report back after few hours to see if it working or just another hype.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    So definitely a Microsoft Outlook issue!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 08:25 PM
    Of course who was i kidding!!
    Must have been dreaming thinking I fixed it
    As usual right away attatchment can't be downloaded!

This is real frustrating! Stupid hotmail!
    No one else share a fix?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 07:07 AM
    Nothing at all? Still no fix??

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 02:26 PM
    Of course who was i kidding!!
    Must have been dreaming thinking I fixed it
    As usual right away attatchment can't be downloaded!

This is real frustrating! Stupid hotmail!
    No one else share a fix?

Posted via CB10
    I was that 'someone' who gave the instructions :-p. Just keep on removing and registering your Blackberry. I've done it a couple of times and now it's working flawless. It's like a first date thing, as if outlook needs to get acquainted with your phone. Weird bug...

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 06:59 PM
    Haha ok ill give it another go.
    So just delete from the pc outlook, refresh on you're phone and you're good to go?
    Or do you need to delete and re add on you're phone aswel?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 07:05 PM
    Haha ok ill give it another go.
    So just delete from the pc outlook, refresh on you're phone and you're good to go?
    Or do you need to delete and re add on you're phone aswel?

Posted via CB10
    I've tried it both ways. I have mentioned you need to use eas.outlook.com. That was the server that my BlackBerry configured automatically as server address. For some reason that has changed in outlook.office365.com port 443 ssl enabled. I have a free account so nothing special there. So be sure that's right as well. Let me know if everything goes allright.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 05:05 AM
    Same problem for me. Suddenly it stopped working two days ego.
    This is BS

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.2.2876/CB10
    12-18-15 01:16 PM
    Hello,

This is my configuration and it's not working. Can't download any attachments.

Problem opening attachments in Outlook-img_20151218_161803.png

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.2.2876/CB10
    12-18-15 01:19 PM
79 123 ...