In BB10.3, there is a new option to delete from Hub or delete from Hub and server. If you have an increased font size, you cannot read the "and server" part. I am using a Z10.
    Do these people not test for all of these kinds of situations? Is their testing outsourced to India or something?
    08-26-14 11:28 AM
    Are you talking about a leaked beta version or the developer version of 10.3?
    08-26-14 11:33 AM
    Err, um, the leaked version. I certainly hope they catch this before the official release.
    Last edited by timmy t; 08-26-14 at 11:50 AM.
    08-26-14 11:35 AM
    In BB10.3, there is a new option to delete from Hub or delete from Hub and server. If you have an increased font size, you cannot read the "and server" part. I am using a Z10.
    Do these people not test for all of these kinds of situations? Is their testing outsourced to India or something?
    I also noticed this, but even if you use the stock * point font size you get the same result. Want a laugh, try turning off rotation lock and the try deleting something in landscape mode - you get even LESS information as to where you are deleting from..

I figured out the the bottom button is "Delete from Hub and Server" while the top one is Hub only. Had to test it and confirm it while deleting from device while sitting in front of my laptop with Outlook open..
    08-26-14 11:36 AM
    Also, the option to delete from either Hub or Server or both has been there since thee 10.2.XXXX days, but you sure could see what you were doing, no matter whats font size you were using..
    08-26-14 11:37 AM
    This issue also exists when you reduce the default font size down one step from 8 to 7. Certainly annoying.
    08-26-14 01:31 PM
    Err, um, the leaked version. I certainly hope they catch this before the official release.
    Well since we have no visibility into the beta process, don't get the reports from the official testers, and can't attend the meetings where they assign priority to fixes or decide how they are going to proceed we can only hope.

I can understand the interest in playing with the leaks to see what is up. But I could never understand the angst people develop over finding flaws, lack of polish or inconsistencies in unfinished code. It's like visiting an unfinished house and wondering aloud if the builders are going to put drywall up in the bedroom, or put a door on the bathroom. Writing code is a process. Not everything that is known to be a problem is necessarily fixed right way. Sometimes features are implemented in a way that is just good enough for the test audience to be able to use and exercise a feature that is currently on the implement or fix priority list.

I'm sure if I could come to your place of work, and criticize half finished jobs I could poke some fun as well.
    der_mit and Captain_Hilts like this.
    08-26-14 01:59 PM