hi there,

i am kind of new to here , i seeing so many problem with android runtime in some of the post,i just wonder should i install it or not,and if i did would it be help with my android player using lot of battery problem? i am using Q20 with OS 10.3.3.1435
    10-10-17 03:54 PM
    There are no major issues until now. Just be sure to follow the steps on Cobalt's post, and it's recommended to install the build 2, since some of us experimented some crashes with the first build.
    If you only care about the apps, you can also just download the apks directly and just install them.
    10-10-17 04:05 PM
    Thank you for your reply I just want to know would it help with the "android Player" using lot of problem,after I installed it,I can close the android app completely ??
    Because the android app really costing me lot of battery for not closing completely
    10-10-17 04:16 PM
    There are several reasons why trying to run Android apps under BlackBerry 10 may not work very well.

The current version of Android is 7.1 while the Android Runtime built into BlackBerry 10 is version 4.3.

The more up to date an Android app is, the more it will depend on Google Play Services, which is not included in the BlackBerry 10 Android Runtime.

Cobalt's software is a very good work around solution for many Android related issues, but it can't solve them all.

Patching some Android apps may help, but newer apps may not work at all.
    10-10-17 04:40 PM
    The Android runtime is part of the OS, there's no way to install or uninstall it. Are you referring to the listing on BB World? If so you don't need it on 10.3.3.1435 as the one you have is newer.

If you don't want Android apps to continue using battery after you've closed them the best way to do that is to close them from Device monitor.
    10-10-17 06:17 PM
    The Android runtime package in BlackBerry World, if that is what you are talking about, is a patch for specific releases of the OS and should only be installed on those particular versions. Installing it on other versions will cause problems.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    10-11-17 07:49 AM
    The Android runtime package in BlackBerry World, if that is what you are talking about, is a patch for specific releases of the OS and should only be installed on those particular versions. Installing it on other versions will cause problems.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    To be specific, the runtime patch in Blackberry World was made for 10.3.2.2876. Only use the patch IF you have this OS version. See: https://crackberry.com/android-runti...-now-available
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    10-11-17 08:00 AM
    Where's that?

☇ by Blackberry 
    10-15-17 04:58 AM