Hey guys, I'm having trouble adding/connecting my new Passport to BlackBerry Protect. No problem setting up the phone. BlackBerry world is fine, BBM works fine, just BlackBerry Protect.

On the phone, when I get into BlackBerry Protect settings, it just keeps on loading with the spinning circle.. if I turn it off, it'll prompt me for my Bbid to verify. When the toggle is in off position, the spinning circle still happens. If I let the phone to sleep (after 30 seconds), and wake it up, the toggle will be back to on position..still circle loading. Same thing happens if I relaunch setting.

On the BlackBerry Protect website, it still showed my Z30. FYI, BlackBerry Protect wasnt really working well with my z30 as well (can't run any protect functions, antitheft unavailable, etc).

I then proceed to removed the z30, with hopes that BlackBerry Protect can add my new passport, but to no avail...

I have tried hard reset, restart..turning on and off wifi, location services, still can't get it to work..

Is it a problem with the protect server? Or am I not doing it correctly...

Photos are available below.

Please help.

Thx!!

Problem adding new device into BlackBerry Protect-img_20160311_114552.png

Problem adding new device into BlackBerry Protect-img_20160311_114958.png

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 01:18 AM
    I am having problems as well today to enter into BlackBerry Protect from my Q10. It states temporary not available.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 03:33 AM
    This is strange - I've had similar issues. I'm thinking it's more on the Protect server end of things. My Classic works perfect with Protect. I can remove it and add it back no issues. My partners Classic however, doesn't seem to work. It does register her phone to Protect, but it can't seem to connect to it, and none of the features work. We are both with the same provider (Telstra - Australia), both have Classics and are both on the same OS.

Some troubleshooting I did which I found on the BlackBerry help pages was to remove the device from Protect (from a desktop) - this should also turn Protect off on your device.

Next step was to turn protect ON from the device itself. Then log back into Protect from a desktop, and your device should appear (this step is as far as her phone gets - it appears in the protect account, but doesn't connect etc).

Basically, if her device is ever lost or stolen, she can say goodbye to it. I guess it's just lucky there's not any real information on there that needs to be kept 'secure' as we both use our phones as private devices.

One other thing - you can have more than one device in Protect - I have my Z10 as my backup - if I turn it on, it will appear as active along side my Classic, although it's quick to tell me there is no sim inserted (connected via wifi).

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-11-16 04:44 AM

Some troubleshooting I did which I found on the BlackBerry help pages was to remove the device from Protect (from a desktop) - this should also turn Protect off on your device.

Next step was to turn protect ON from the device itself. Then log back into Protect from a desktop, and your device should appear (this step is as far as her phone gets - it appears in the protect account, but doesn't connect etc).
    After I had removed my z30, there's no more device in the BlackBerry Protect website. I have to add it, which I'm unable to since I can't seem to connect to BlackBerry Protect via my phone.. the loading circle keeps on spinning like a ferris wheel on steroid and unlimited backup generators to keep em running...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SExy
    03-11-16 04:57 AM
    There may be something weird going on with the servers, as there are a few threads at the moment where people can't turn it off either.

Not sure if this would help, but once it's off, restart your device then try turning it back on? Also, try turning it on over Wifi, or if this has been the case, turn Wifi off and try over your carrier network.

On my Z10 I sometimes had issues where if I was connected over Wifi, for whatever reason the router seemed to block certain things, protect was one of them. I still have the same router, but now a classic. Doesn't do that with this phone

03-12-16 05:06 AM
    Some update on my Blackberry Protect. It finally works. Not sure if it's related, but i went to the Settings --> About --> Network --> Register Blackberry. Then did a hard reboot. After my passport booted up, I got a notification saying "Welcome to Blackberry Protect" or something like that. Went to the settings, all options are now visible. Went to the Blackberry Protect website, phone is now already added. All functions work.
    SeedMella likes this.
    03-15-16 04:33 AM
    Nasib baik lah tu...
    03-15-16 04:49 AM
    I have this Kind of Problems for several dass now.
    I removed my Z10 and sold it. After two days it re-appears in BlackBerry Protect.
    My Passport has Protect activated, too. But locating or locking the device is not possible. I managed it to show a message on the screen (which is still there and I have absolutely no idea of how to remove this message)

Protect is really crappy at the moment!
    (also BlackBerry Blend says that there is no device connected to my BlackBerry ID)
    BlackBerry, please fix your stuff!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 05:02 AM
    Yeah it's not great at all. After reading you had some success, I decided to log into BlackBerry Protect. I have noticed that whilst my device is listed, it can no longer connect. Has the 'stop hand' with the red 'no entry' sign over it. Not too sure how long it's been this way, but I would have logged in a few weeks ago and all was good. I've also noticed that the 'Asia Pacific' server for BlackBerry Protect doesn't seem to be working, and 'cannot be found'.

By the sounds and looks of things (especially with the problems people are also having with blend) I would say BlackBerry no longer cares about these such services.

I'm seriously starting to consider taking my device back (still within the 12 month purchase period), as under ACL (Aust. Consumer Law), this qualifies the device as not working as it was intended/advertised. This would be the case for both mine and my partners phone, as she experiences the same issues.

If issues such as this are happening with some of the core expectations on what you would want a BlackBerry for, then I may as well settle for an iOS or Android device.

03-15-16 07:28 AM
    Yeah it's not great at all. After reading you had some success, I decided to log into BlackBerry Protect. I have noticed that whilst my device is listed, it can no longer connect. Has the 'stop hand' with the red 'no entry' sign over it. Not too sure how long it's been this way, but I would have logged in a few weeks ago and all was good. I've also noticed that the 'Asia Pacific' server for BlackBerry Protect doesn't seem to be working, and 'cannot be found'.

By the sounds and looks of things (especially with the problems people are also having with blend) I would say BlackBerry no longer cares about these such services.

I'm seriously starting to consider taking my device back (still within the 12 month purchase period), as under ACL (Aust. Consumer Law), this qualifies the device as not working as it was intended/advertised. This would be the case for both mine and my partners phone, as she experiences the same issues.

If issues such as this are happening with some of the core expectations on what you would want a BlackBerry for, then I may as well settle for an iOS or Android device.

Yes, my Z30 was doing the same thing, Stop hand with red sign, anti-theft unavailable, etc.

Btw, I think by registering Blackberry Services in the Network tab is the solution. I just updated my os version from 2639 to 2876. After updating, BB protect was not available. But when i registered for BB services, did a hard reboot, it works. So try to register BB Services even if you already have. Then do a hard reboot and see if it works. =)
    03-15-16 08:17 PM
    Yes, my Z30 was doing the same thing, Stop hand with red sign, anti-theft unavailable, etc.

Btw, I think by registering Blackberry Services in the Network tab is the solution. I just updated my os version from 2639 to 2876. After updating, BB protect was not available. But when i registered for BB services, did a hard reboot, it works. So try to register BB Services even if you already have. Then do a hard reboot and see if it works. =)
    I've tried this numerous times, but no luck. I'm pretty sure the protect server is down or has been switched off. What server do you run off? Log into protect from a desktop and click 'options', and 'support information'. This will show the server name, and also to the left under the yellow shield it says the server region. Mines Asia-Pacific..

03-16-16 12:33 AM
    I've tried this numerous times, but no luck. I'm pretty sure the protect server is down or has been switched off. What server do you run off? Log into protect from a desktop and click 'options', and 'support information'. This will show the server name, and also to the left under the yellow shield it says the server region. Mines Asia-Pacific..

Server name is kronos, and region is asia pacific too. Just logged in, at first no functions available. But in less than a minute, all online now. =D
    03-16-16 01:13 AM
    Some update on my Blackberry Protect. It finally works. Not sure if it's related, but i went to the Settings --> About --> Network --> Register Blackberry. Then did a hard reboot. After my passport booted up, I got a notification saying "Welcome to Blackberry Protect" or something like that. Went to the settings, all options are now visible. Went to the Blackberry Protect website, phone is now already added. All functions work.
    Thanks mate... I had same issues with my Z3, Ur solution just fixed it now...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 02:35 AM
    Thanks mate... I had same issues with my Z3, Ur solution just fixed it now...

Posted via CB10
    glad i could help! =)
    04-28-16 08:16 AM