Gonna try

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    let us know if it helped you..!!
    03-17-14 01:23 PM
    useless, did this too, will be back in about 1-2 weeks
    sad... coz it works for us... !! i just disable android wifi nothing else...!!
    03-17-14 01:24 PM
    Hmm.. lemme try
    Akshay Borkar likes this.
    03-17-14 04:09 PM
    So I was having the same issue - PIM running at 40-50% and draining the battery (often within 2 or 3 hours from full); been going on for 4 days now.

After going through many suggestions previously mentioned like deleting apps (specifically Android), removing accounts (FB, Twitter), disconnecting and reconnecting mail services (corporate, Google, Outlook.com), I discovered this:
    - PIM runs when syncing mail, contacts, calendar (typical for most mail services)
    - While performing Exchange server 'shared contact' maintenance I had made a copy of 5000+ contacts in my Outlook client
    - Since my BB was configured to include contact sync, it pulled these to my Z10 (not desirable, but it's doing what's expected once I concluded what was happening)
    - This is the important part: there is a setting in BB Contacts that attempts to sync social information (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) with your contact list (I think it's turned ON by default). In my case, the device went crazy trying to update the additional 5000 contacts and their social connections.

Once I figured that out, removing the contacts should resolve the issue, but removing them from my Outlook client did not remove them from the Z10. A local cached copy is kept. Poked around and found the way to delete the local cache:
    - Settings > Accounts > More > Clear Local Contacts
    - (there is also an option to Clear Local Calendar)

Once done the Contacts re-synced at the next interval, and the PIM immediately dropped to single-digit use, no over-heating battery, and sustaining a charge. Perhaps leaving the setting OFF is appropriate, but a couple days with it ON has not had an adverse reaction for me.

Hope this helps.
    03-21-14 12:42 PM
    - While performing Exchange server 'shared contact' maintenance I had made a copy of 5000+ contacts in my Outlook client
    - Since my BB was configured to include contact sync, it pulled these to my Z10 (not desirable, but it's doing what's expected once I concluded what was happening)
    - This is the important part: there is a setting in BB Contacts that attempts to sync social information (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) with your contact list (I think it's turned ON by default). In my case, the device went crazy trying to update the additional 5000 contacts and their social connections.

Once I figured that out, removing the contacts should resolve the issue, but removing them from my Outlook client did not remove them from the Z10. A local cached copy is kept. Poked around and found the way to delete the local cache:

Once done the Contacts re-synced at the next interval, and the PIM immediately dropped to single-digit use, no over-heating battery, and sustaining a charge. Perhaps leaving the setting OFF is appropriate, but a couple days with it ON has not had an adverse reaction for me.

If you're talking about Contacts/Settings/"Use cloud services to find more info about the contacts that you add to the Contacts app" - that's one of the very first things I disabled on my first Z10, the day I bought it a year ago.

And I agree, many have speculated that that setting could be problematic.

However I'm pretty sure a variety of people suffering from the PIM services battery drain issue have stated that that setting is disabled on their devices.

Some people found for example that Evernote seemed to be the source of their battery drain/PIM Services problem.

However I have noted that a significant number of people who experienced this issue had a very large number of contacts on the device.

Personally I don't sync contacts at all, in part because I think the contacts app is architecturally very broken and I don't want the aggravation of broken syncing screwing up my contacts.

This is one of the areas where a complete public silence from BlackBerry on the issue makes matters much worse, IMHO
    03-21-14 01:52 PM
    If you're talking about Contacts/Settings/"Use cloud services to find more info about the contacts that you add to the Contacts app" - that's one of the very first things I disabled on my first Z10, the day I bought it a year ago.

And I agree, many have speculated that that setting could be problematic.

However I'm pretty sure a variety of people suffering from the PIM services battery drain issue have stated that that setting is disabled on their devices.

Some people found for example that Evernote seemed to be the source of their battery drain/PIM Services problem.

However I have noted that a significant number of people who experienced this issue had a very large number of contacts on the device.

Personally I don't sync contacts at all, in part because I think the contacts app is architecturally very broken and I don't want the aggravation of broken syncing screwing up my contacts.

This is one of the areas where a complete public silence from BlackBerry on the issue makes matters much worse, IMHO
    hopefully all these issues have been addressed in 10.3 leak currently trending on CB..!!
    03-24-14 09:29 AM
    So I was having the same issue - PIM running at 40-50% and draining the battery (often within 2 or 3 hours from full); been going on for 4 days now.

After going through many suggestions previously mentioned like deleting apps (specifically Android), removing accounts (FB, Twitter), disconnecting and reconnecting mail services (corporate, Google, Outlook.com), I discovered this:
    - PIM runs when syncing mail, contacts, calendar (typical for most mail services)

Hope this helps.
    it would surely help the readers.. thanks for sharing your views...!!!
    03-24-14 09:29 AM
    I just got hit with this problem out of the blue. Today, I noticed that my PIM Services were running at 40% to 50% CPU. Battery is draining like crazy. No reason for it that I can tell... did not do anything out of the ordinary....

Has anyone come up with a solution?
    04-04-14 07:44 AM
    Has anyone come up with a solution?
    I presume you didn't bother to read the first post in the thread?

Some people have found making particular changes solved it for them.

There is no definitive and universal fix that I know of.

I'm still researching this.
    04-04-14 08:43 AM
    I presume you didn't bother to read the first post in the thread?

Some people have found making particular changes solved it for them.

There is no definitive and universal fix that I know of.

I'm still researching this.
    You presumed wrong. However, the probably just went away after about 4 hours.... Didn't do anything.
    04-04-14 01:10 PM
    You presumed wrong. However, the probably just went away after about 4 hours.... Didn't do anything.
    it went away after 4 hrs... and from your signature.. i think you use z10... z10 and 4hrs battery drain is dead phone...!! please read the entire thread along with the OP.. there are numerous solutions described.. one would work for you...so be prepared before the next attack hits your phone..!!
    04-04-14 02:19 PM
    deleted my contacts and calendar account. My PIM is now 5% in 24 hours.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    04-05-14 02:09 AM
    I fixed my PIM services issue! What I did was get rid of Facebook from my accounts. That took about 10 mins for it to finish removing it. Before I removed it I took a look at my contacts and it said I had over 8000 contacts. When it was done I had about 2000 contacts. Next thing I did was to go to settings in my contacts and turn off all accounts like Twitter, Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo mail. I reset my phone (Not battery Pull) and my contacts went to about 900. I checked the PIM services and it was back down to 1%.
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-10-14 11:32 AM
    I have my contacts linked to my email, I have my facebook account added to my phone though I don't sync contacts with it, I never check my android wifi settings, and yet I've never had a problem with pim leakage. Others have come up with different solutions that worked for them, so I think it goes on a case by case basis. Glad you found what worked for you, though.
    04-10-14 02:34 PM
    I thought there is no relation between fb and Pim. Thought Pim is contacts, task, calender and email.
    What I did was ad follows: in the active sync u switched everything off. The switched each service in on at the time. U my case the calendar us the problem. so the outlook of the company server.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:22 PM
    FB has access to contacts and calender and email. There is relation

the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear
    04-11-14 03:50 PM
    Correct. Switch off the integration in the fb app and they do not integrate with the active sync cli�nt like outlook.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 02:26 AM
    I fixed my PIM services issue! What I did was get rid of Facebook from my accounts. That took about 10 mins for it to finish removing it. Before I removed it I took a look at my contacts and it said I had over 8000 contacts. When it was done I had about 2000 contacts. Next thing I did was to go to settings in my contacts and turn off all accounts like Twitter, Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo mail. I reset my phone (Not battery Pull) and my contacts went to about 900. I checked the PIM services and it was back down to 1%.
    How to get rid of facebook from accounts? Can one still keep the app?

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    04-12-14 11:03 AM
    Hello mate have u tried using snapdragon@battery guru. Its an android port but it works by keeping other android apps from refreshing.
    Probable PIM battery drain solution-img_20140414_005542.png
    Probable PIM battery drain solution-img_20140414_005515.png
    Probable PIM battery drain solution-img_20140414_005510.png
    Probable PIM battery drain solution-img_20140414_005451.png
    Probable PIM battery drain solution-img_20140414_005336.png
    Probable PIM battery drain solution-img_20140414_005248.png

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 12:22 PM
    Hello mate have u tried using snapdragon@battery guru. Its an android port but it works by keeping other android apps from refreshing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140414_005542.png 
Views:	2037 
Size:	516.5 KB 
ID:	262834

Name:	IMG_20140414_005515.png 
Views:	2033 
Size:	481.4 KB 
ID:	262835

Name:	IMG_20140414_005510.png 
Views:	2033 
Size:	447.7 KB 
ID:	262836

Name:	IMG_20140414_005451.png 
Views:	2027 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	262837

Name:	IMG_20140414_005336.png 
Views:	2023 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	262838

Name:	IMG_20140414_005248.png 
Views:	2021 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	262839

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but that's misinformation. Snapdragon is NOT a port, it's a direct apk install. I looked for it on blackberry world and it's not there. A port is when a developer has converted an apk to bar format and released it on bbw. And since we can load apk's directly since the inception of 10.2.1, I doubt we'll be seeing many more ports anyway. But Snapdragon is not a port. And it didn't do very much when I installed it, either.
    04-15-14 02:53 PM
    A port is when a developer has converted an apk to bar format and released it on bbw. And since we can load apk's directly since the inception of 10.2.1, I doubt we'll be seeing many more ports anyway.
    There are a variety of very good reasons for a developer to "port" an Android app to BlackBerry World, and because of that, I think we will still see many Android apps converted to be offered via BlackBerry World.
    04-16-14 03:03 PM
    That might probably be true. The gist of my post was that referring to snapdragon as a port was misinformation.
    04-16-14 04:44 PM
    The gist of my post was that referring to snapdragon as a port was misinformation.
    Yep.

And the most likely reason much of the functionality does not work in BB10's Android runtime is because the runtime is just a VM and not a 'true' Android device with direct access to hardware resources and so on.
    04-16-14 06:56 PM
    how do i turn off wifi for my android apps on my z10? none of the other answers on this thread seem to reduce my high PIM usage and increase my now only TWO hour battery life!
    04-25-14 02:55 AM
    on total airplane mode my battery still only shows a 3 hour life, with PIM services still taking up >50% of the CPU! what to do?! woe is me! and i DID read this entire thread and try everything. when i turned off the "synchronize contacts, calendars and e-mail", the PIM services % still didn't go down! anyt suggestions? thanks!
    04-25-14 03:24 AM
77 1234