Hey guys,

I used an autoloader to set up my Passport and I did this lots of times before. Everything worked fine the last time (April). But today I installed my Parrot app, which I bought back then, and it can not approve its "Pro Status" (the bought version) like it did before all the time.

Does anyone of you experience similar problems with your bought apps in BB World? It worked until now - what happened?

I know that it's all shutting down in January of 2022 - but still. I hope it's a temporary issue.

Also, we need more bar-files for the future :P
    09-26-20 03:43 PM
    Hey guys,

I used an autoloader to set up my Passport and I did this lots of times before. Everything worked fine the last time (April). But today I installed my Parrot app, which I bought back then, and it can not approve its "Pro Status" (the bought version) like it did before all the time.

Does anyone of you experience similar problems with your bought apps in BB World? It worked until now - what happened?

I know that it's all shutting down in January of 2022 - but still. I hope it's a temporary issue.

Also, we need more bar-files for the future :P
    Paid versions of apps were removed a couple years ago.
    09-26-20 03:46 PM
    Paid versions of apps were removed a couple years ago.
    But are (supposed to be) still available if you bought them previously.
    09-26-20 03:52 PM
    But are (supposed to be) still available if you bought them previously.
    Yes, but I think if they have an upgrade mechanism within the app that depends on BlackBerry World, it doesn't work.
    09-26-20 03:53 PM
    Yes, but I think if they have an upgrade mechanism within the app that depends on BlackBerry World, it doesn't work.
    Ok, but OP said it worked this April - well after they cut out the paid apps. Hopefully it's just some kind of user error or temporary server error as I have no idea what to suggest.
    09-26-20 03:58 PM
    Right. It was available all the time and every time I refreshed my devices. Although you could not buy apps anymore, the verification process of the ones you bought worked so far. Do we know if anything changed in BB World these days? Will we find another solution?
    09-26-20 03:58 PM
    Right. It was available all the time and every time I refreshed my devices. Although you could not buy apps anymore, the verification process of the ones you bought worked so far. Do we know if anything changed in BB World these days? Will we find another solution?
    Try refreshing BBW.
    09-26-20 04:05 PM
    Try refreshing BBW.
    This ^^^

And/or reboot your device.
    09-26-20 04:06 PM
    Hmm... the BB World cert expiry happened May / June-ish. Something else may have happened at that point...
    Hopefully someone can chime in to confirm whether it still works for them.
    09-26-20 04:06 PM
    Hmm... the BB World cert expiry happened May / June-ish. Something else may have happened at that point...
    Hopefully someone can chime in to confirm whether it still works for them.
    If someone can confirm a similar experience - for other apps as well - this would be helpful.

Refreshing did not help unfortunately -.- Maybe install the older BB World before the final version and then update again? Is tha possible?
    09-26-20 04:09 PM
    Hang on - I'll fire up my Passport as I'm on android right now.
    09-26-20 04:14 PM

Maybe install the older BB World before the final version and then update again? Is tha possible?
    Possible, yes. I don't see how that would help though.
    09-26-20 04:14 PM
    Hang on - I'll fire up my Passport as I'm on android right now.
    Cool, Thanks!

Possible, yes. I don't see how that would help though.
    Maybe the verification still works with the older version? o.O haha
    09-26-20 04:17 PM
    Ok - I've just tried 3 of my previously paid, available apps in BBW and all 3 have downloaded just fine. Unfortunately, I never used Parrot Pro so cannot help with that.
    09-26-20 04:21 PM
    Ahh - just noticed that some previously paid are ok to re-download and some are NOT.
    09-26-20 04:26 PM
    Cool, Thanks!

Maybe the verification still works with the older version? o.O haha
    Akis, you are tapping on the download "arrow" on the right side of the screen, right?
    09-26-20 04:31 PM
    Ahh - just noticed that some previously paid are ok to re-download and some are NOT.
    Thanks a lot for your effort!

Actually all the downloads work! But Parrot has an in-app verification to check the "Pro-Status". When I do that (like every time), it says it's connecting to BB World to check...and what actually took 1 second...takes forever now and doesn't stop.

I booted my Classic to check the issue - same here - although I have it verified there already...so it seems to be an issue communicating inbetween the app(s) and (the new cert?) of BB World... o.O

Is it possible to restore ONE app only via a Link Backup?
    09-26-20 04:37 PM
    The Link issue: Classic works, Passport is now an unsupported/unknown device...but still trying to connect. Strange!

Pro Status Check of Native Apps not possible anymore?-sharedscreenshot.jpg

Interesting is also the fact, that I installed many bar files with the Playbook Manager Extension in Chrome this time - but still these apps show up as available to download in BB World...
    09-26-20 04:42 PM
    The Link issue: Classic works, Passport is now an unsupported/unknown device...but still trying to connect. Strange!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SharedScreenshot.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	449612

Interesting is also the fact, that I installed many bar files with the Playbook Manager Extension in Chrome this time - but still these apps show up as available to download in BB World...
    You could try using DBBT to restore the Parrot app and its' app data.
    09-26-20 04:57 PM
    But Parrot has an in-app verification to check the "Pro-Status"
    Ah sorry - my mistake - I did not fully read your OP. I've never owned Parrot so not familiar with the payment but I do remember (now!) that some apps had that in-app pro verification. I was checking to see if I had any but cannot find any that I know of.
    09-26-20 04:59 PM
    You could try using DBBT to restore the Parrot app and its' app data.
    Do you have a link to DBBT Download and how it works?
    09-26-20 05:05 PM
    Do you have a link to DBBT Download and how it works?
    Under tools at the new store: https://bbstore.now.sh/
    09-26-20 05:26 PM
    Under tools at the new store: https://bbstore.now.sh/
    wow - the new store expands thanks!
    09-26-20 05:29 PM
    wow - the new store expands thanks!
    Someone (forget who) says they have about 100 bar files but needs help to upload to this store. That should make it look a bit better, hopefully.
    Akis Tsirogiannis likes this.
    09-26-20 05:31 PM
    Someone (forget who) says they have about 100 bar files but needs help to upload to this store. That should make it look a bit better, hopefully.
    Let's pray! ) I started writing some developers and asking for bar files. Maybe we should do that together.

I solved the issue: I was able to re-install Link on my old Win7 Notebook, the SE was accepted there. I could indeed restore only the Parrot app from a backup I had. This is crazy (good)! So for now, this is one possible solution. My Thinkpad however does not recognize the SE anymore in Link, although DBBT does and Blend. I guess it's a driver issue - even though I tried to remove everything with Revo Uninstaller and even the registry. Uff!

So summing up: If you can't verify your buying certificate inside the app or BB World, you need:

- Functioning BB Link
    - A Backup with the verified app
    - To select ONLY that app while recovering

Recovery is only possible with a USB connection, not through WiFi (as usual).
    Last edited by Akis Tsirogiannis; 09-27-20 at 07:17 AM.
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-27-20 05:08 AM