I got my girlfriend a Z10, and being a Crackberrian, I decided to set it up for her like a Champ. Latest leak, unlocked runtime, every tweaked OS file there is, settings and side loads. This was a big job.

I then decided she needed a few apps from Blackberry World and since I didn't want to wait for her, I logged in using MY BlackBerry ID. Problem is I didn't think ahead and now realize I can't disassociate my ID from the phone.

I know in the legacy phones you could get around this by deleting the identity module and Blackberry App World, then reinstalling. I'm gonna try tomorrow to find a similar identity file to hopefully side load in, uninstall and side load back, along with BlackBerry World in an effort to produce the same results.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or if there may be a better way to go about this. I really don't want to security wipe this thing.

Thanks all, as always I'm looking forward to learning something new
    09-12-13 11:14 PM
    Just a guess. If you change your BlackBerry ID password at the BlackBerry site using a PC...

Then try accessing it on the phone. It should prompt for a password.

Choose Edit. And perhaps enter her BlackBerry ID and password instead.

Perhaps it will then associate her ID.

Not sure.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    09-12-13 11:20 PM
    You using your bbid on her phone means she can't use bbm as it can only be tied to one device at a time. Sorry to day but security wipe is the only option (to my knowledge)

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 10.1.0.4537
    09-13-13 04:03 AM
    Run again the autoloader from leak it will wipe the bbid with the device but the apps you have download will be lost too create a new bbid

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:20 AM
    I caved and wiped. I still think there's a solution out there though! My original idea didn't work. Thanks for the help though.
    09-13-13 10:10 AM
    One can edit the BlackBerry ID settings in the device Settings, but I'm not sure if it allows a switch without a wipe.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:31 AM
    One can edit the BlackBerry ID settings in the device Settings, but I'm not sure if it allows a switch without a wipe.

Posted via CB10
    I try it,it only edit existing id cannot swich bbid

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:36 AM
    All are good ideas. Whatever works. I had the same issue with my wife's Z. I ended up wiping and creating her I.D. online.

Sent from my Z10
    09-13-13 10:44 AM
    If we only trusted them to set up their own Blackberry's....

Thanks guys. Enjoy the weekend!
    09-13-13 11:54 AM