Hello,

Thank you BlackBerry for killing SO 10 by launching on Android. Now apps are available for ANY android

Install Blackberry Priv Stock Apps on your Android device | ThunderzTech

If no BB10 device launching soon. I will get a Samsung, add the hub, keyboard and calender and forget the lovely days I spent with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 07:26 AM
    Very old news yes.

If you're comfortable with pirating the apps, then go for it. You'll have to keep them all up to date of course, and root your device for some of it to work properly. There are also reports of massive battery drain when using them on other devices.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-13-15 07:33 AM
    Hello,

Thank you BlackBerry for killing SO 10 by launching on Android. Now apps are available for ANY android

If no BB10 device launching soon. I will get a Samsung, add the hub, keyboard and calender and forget the lovely days I spent with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Once the are ready and stable... yeah I think the plan is for any Android user to be able to buy the apps and use them. Which should be a good thing as long as at least most people actually pay for them.

As for BB10 device launching soon.....
    11-13-15 07:36 AM
    Hello,

Posted via CB10
    Well piracy is not the same as "making them available"

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 07:38 AM

As for BB10 device launching soon.....
    I hope you are wrong..

I too loved the OS.. I wish developers would have supported it. I wish the experiment would have worked.. but I'm also a share holder. It's time to stop the bleeding. The priv has had a better reception in the week since launch then that of any BB10 device.. the consumer has spoken. While I would love to see continued BB10 development as a nostalgic.. wasting any further resources developing new models at this point is simply a bad business decision.

Let's shift those resources to making the priv and future android based BB's the best it can be. Refine the hub, assist dev's with integration.. develop other key BlackBerry apps for Android like file manager.. include proper bedside mode in the launcher with the marshmallow update..

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 07:44 AM
    Don't get me wrong. I'm just not comfortable with the move BlackBerry did. Of course their core competence apps will be pirated / made available making them available on other less expensive and (may be better) android devices. I wish if they could (hang in there) bit more. I was waiting for a successor to my Z30. The Priv is just (not for me). I've been on BlackBerry since the curve. I owned three Z10 and two Z30 ...would I will stick with for a while now.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 07:58 AM
    Don't get me wrong. I'm just not comfortable with the move BlackBerry did. Of course their core competence apps will be pirated / made available making them available on other less expensive and (may be better) android devices. I wish if they could (hang in there) bit more. I was waiting for a successor to my Z30. The Priv is just (not for me). I've been on BlackBerry since the curve. I owned three Z10 and two Z30 ...would I will stick with for a while now.

Posted via CB10
    Plenty of threads about that.

The title of this thread is "Priv stock apps on any Android available".

11-13-15 07:59 AM
    I've been on BlackBerry since the curve...

Posted via CB10
    I've been on BlackBerry since the Rim 950.. over 16 years... trust me I understand as well as anyone. But it's time... going android was the absolute right decision. But they have to go all in. They need the perfect BlackBerry experience on Android. That can only be accomplished by not waisting resources on a platform that will inevitably be EOL'd

Posted via CB10
    Belal Hussein likes this.
    11-13-15 08:03 AM
    Plenty of threads about that.

The title of this thread is "Priv stock apps on any Android available".

I had to do a double take on this.. are you really calling out the OP for derailing HIS OWN THREAD? Not to mention your first comment in the thread was that it wasn't necessary as it had been discussed already...

Move along friend.. nothing to see here.

Posted via CB10
    Belal Hussein likes this.
    11-13-15 08:06 AM
    I had to do a double take on this.. are you really calling out the OP for derailing HIS OWN THREAD? Not to mention your first comment in the thread was that it wasn't necessary as it had been discussed already...

Move along friend.. nothing to see here.

Posted via CB10
    I'm just a bit frustrated. A thread about pirating BlackBerry apps very quickly turned into yet another "I'm mad that BlackBerry has stopped BB10 development" thread. Seems like a bait and switch title.

Last edited by conite; 11-13-15 at 08:39 AM.
    11-13-15 08:23 AM
    I'm just a bit frustrated. A thread about pirating BlackBerry apps very quickly turned into yet another "I'm mad that BlackBerry has stopped BB10 development" thread. Seems like a bait and switch title.

That's Android for you. Working apk's went up on Nov. 7th. Talk of gaining root has begun as well.

The frustration over BB10 is inevitable...
    At least for now.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:44 AM