Honestly, I don't -THINK- so? I don't have many opportunities to use that feature, so it's not something I really look for, I'm afraid.

Posted from my Zed-30 (STA100-3 / 10.2.1.2180 )...
    But in apps,,,its showing an app of wifi direct in z10
    Or if u see above, ,there is one of the picture, , which has an option of sharing through wifi direct?

@dazlr
    06-09-14 04:09 AM
    There is a suggestion for built in printing support in BlackBerry 10 on BlackBerry.icanmakeitbetter.com. Join the site and vote for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 04:58 AM
    There is a suggestion for built in printing support in BlackBerry 10 on BlackBerry.icanmakeitbetter.com. Join the site and vote for it.

Posted via CB10
    Done!

CB10 on Z30
    06-09-14 05:08 AM
    I agree
    06-09-14 06:59 AM
    How do you sign in without giving them my friend list?

Posted on my Q10 via CB10
    06-09-14 07:21 AM
    Thanks for a quick response. I have seen this app earlier, and it Looked alright but the level of integration i'm looking for is still a mile away. Or am i just being spoilt.

Z30 - Simply the best. End of discussion!
    No OP, you are not spoiled. I want the same thing as you do. I also believe that BlackBerry can get this issue addressed and promptly too, given that it prides BB10 devices as "hype productivity".
    Let's hope that this will be one of the surprises in the official 10.3 OS.
    06-09-14 08:33 AM
    But in apps,,,its showing an app of wifi direct in z10
    Or if u see above, ,there is one of the picture, , which has an option of sharing through wifi direct?

@dazlr
    Now I see what you mean. I thought you were talking about sharing via Wi-Fi Direct from the PrintHand application.

The icon in the screencap was for the separate Wi-Fi Direct function, not at all associated with PrintHand.

So, you're right -- that particular option is indeed available, if needed.

06-09-14 08:50 AM
    Hello all. I was excited to see this thread but some reviews for Printhand say it required permission to access your contacts. Can anyone here confirm that? Because that is a no-go for me. I can't think of any reason it would need my contacts to print a document.
    milo53 likes this.
    06-09-14 09:09 AM
    Everyone that wants this should go to the Icanmakeitbetter website and vote for it.

BlackBerry has acknowledged this and there is a post from a BlackBerry individual indicating this is on their radar.

So hopefully it comes later this year.

Link: https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....der=vote_count

Posted via CB10
    BroncoVAL and imcurved like this.
    06-09-14 09:14 AM
    Hello all. I was excited to see this thread but some reviews for Printhand say it required permission to access your contacts. Can anyone here confirm that? Because that is a no-go for me. I can't think of any reason it would need my contacts to print a document.
    It allows you to print contact details, if needed.

I had wondered the same thing (whether those permissions were necessary), but it's been a handy feature to use from time to time.

06-09-14 09:17 AM
    How would it print a contact otherwise?
    06-09-14 09:56 AM
    Now I see what you mean. I thought you were talking about sharing via Wi-Fi Direct from the PrintHand application.

The icon in the screencap was for the separate Wi-Fi Direct function, not at all associated with PrintHand.

So, you're right -- that particular option is indeed available, if needed.

So please, ,an u help me, ,how to use wifi direct in z10 or z30

@dazlr
    06-09-14 10:06 AM
    With BlackBerry focusing on Enterprise I'm surprised this isn't already built in. After all business people are the most likely users to need to print from their phone.

Fingers crossed that we will see it as surprise feature in 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    06-09-14 10:14 AM
    With my HP Printer, I can print by emailing to the printer. <Printer name>@hpeprint.com. Pretty direct, no extra software required.
    06-09-14 12:16 PM
    How would it print a contact otherwise?
    I deleted the app for that reason. I prefer to give permission as I need it. If I need to print a contact, I would temporarily give permission. Thhere is no reason an app has to know where I am. If I am out of range of my wifi it just won't work.
    Even FB doesn't have all these permissions. If I want to put a picture on FB I give permission then shut it off. Right now all my FB permissions are OFF.
    I told Amazon this as that is where I got it.

Posted on my Q10 via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    06-09-14 12:20 PM
    With my HP Printer, I can print by emailing to the printer. <Printer name>@hpeprint.com. Pretty direct, no extra software required.
    Yes, and i do that too. But that's a pretty basic functionality and not very efficient. Not sure if you've used the HP app called AiO Remote on iOS. You'll see what's possible over wifi, if haven't discovered already.

Z30 - Simply the best. End of discussion!
    06-09-14 12:24 PM
    So please, ,an u help me, ,how to use wifi direct in z10 or z30

@dazlr
    I'm afraid I can't really help you w/Wi-Fi Direct?

I've never used it. Sorry...

06-09-14 02:09 PM
    Thanks mate. Have just bought the Printhand Premium version. Will let you know my experience. Bought it on BlackBerry World for ~$4.5 just now.

And to answer your question what I meant by better integration ; I'm looking for ability to print directly from the hub, irrespective of which account I'm using. Also, ability to print attachments from emails in hub directly is what I'm looking for.

Lastly, ability to receive scans from the printer directly on my phone and then store it in cloud account or device.

Pretty simple needs mate. I hope BlackBerry is able to convince HP to port their iOS app to BlackBerry. It will be a dream come true. Alternatively, if John Chen and company are able to develop it in-house then even better!

Is there any developer out there who's working on such an app? If not, then there's an idea for you! Just get it Built for BlackBerry and see how many people like me lap it up for a price.

CB10 on Z30
    Please share your experience. This is one of features that BlackBerry needs to add to BB10.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    06-09-14 03:04 PM
    Printhand app has a Free version so you can test out if you try it out first. I'm going to try it out tonight when I get home.

codeslinga likes this.
    06-09-14 03:50 PM
    I've got print hand and fine it pretty good. Not as slick as I would hope a native BB solution would be but gets the job done.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    06-09-14 04:18 PM
    I use printer hand or brother iprint with my old brother dcp 500 cw...no problem since 2years included the use of a 10.3 leak

Posted via CB10
    codeslinga likes this.
    06-09-14 04:24 PM
    Please share your experience. This is one of features that BlackBerry needs to add to BB10.

Used the Premium version of Printhand. It was pretty easy to set up. Identified my printer immediately and I was able to print from files. It does what it says on the tin. But it doesn't feel that refined a product in terms of its layout, design and user experience. I'd rate it 2.5 on 5.

Importantly, it isn't integrated as well as I'd like it to be. By that I mean it should allow me to print from the hub or from any other programme without feeling the need to go to Printhand app. For that level of integration, I suppose, BlackBerry will have to step in or an OEM Like HP will have to develop it.

This app is a temporary solution (at best) for me, till BlackBerry puts it in place.

CB10 on Z30
    06-09-14 10:15 PM
    I just purchased the Premium version. It discovered my Canon MX860 right away. I mainly need to print out PDF files (tax documents, receipts, etc.) It printed successfully PDF files that were converted from Words or other non-scanned sources; however, PDF files converted from scanned documents failed to be printed from Printhand. The printouts are blank.
    I have sent an email to Printhand tech support. Hopefully, they will answer soon.

If you want to know if your printer is supported, try the free version first.

UPDATE 6/10/2014:
    The developer(s) has emailed me back. I sent them a sample scanned document which failed to print by Printhand (printed out fine from my laptop) for them to test out. Hopefully will hear back from them soon.

Last edited by imcurved; 06-10-14 at 11:37 AM.
    06-09-14 11:35 PM
    Daniel Bigham has an app I've been using for a while called Print. Very easy. Tiny app installs on your computer along with BlackBerry app. It's in BlackBerry World.
    Printing directly over Wi-Fi-img_20140610_035303.png

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442

Edit: By the way..my printer is NOT wifi enabled. Its an old Epson hooked up by way of usb to my Vista desktop. I am using a Linksys wifi router on the system.
    06-10-14 05:55 AM
    You might find this old article useful for some things, seeing as we have dropbox integrated.

Print Files on Your Printer from Any Phone or Remote Computer via Dropbox
    06-10-14 04:56 PM
74 123