About a month ago Print to Go stopped working on my home laptop. On the PTG window where you "name" the document and choose the device you want to send it to, I decided to remove both devices "thinking" I could easily re-add them and it would be fixed. Hah, what a mistake that was!! Now all I get is the screen shown below.

Since then, I've uninstalled/reinstalled Print to Go on the laptop, including a newer version that had been released. I know it's not my Z10 because PTG works perfectly on my company laptop. I also use Link & Remote File Access, and both work fine.

Before it broke, I used it often to capture screen prints of invoices from Internet Explorer. I know there are other options, but unfortunately none work as easily and simply as Print to Go.

The kicker is that it's say's I need to login using my BlackBerry ID, but I can't since the login page won't display. In my attempts to get it working, I've turned off my Symantec AV as well as lowering IE Security Settings and updating Java. Nothing seems to fix it.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a possible fix posted somewhere on CB that I just haven't been able to find yet?

Print to Go is broken on my PC... any helpful ideas?-ptg.jpg
    Last edited by sklotz2000; 01-23-14 at 06:33 PM.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-23-14 06:19 PM
    Only suggestion I can make is try to uninstall and reinstall again, I went into my printer settings and opened print to go from there, signed out and signed back in and then had to re add all my devices
    01-23-14 06:30 PM
    Only suggestion I can make is try to uninstall and reinstall again, I went into my printer settings and opened print to go from there, signed out and signed back in and then had to re add all my devices
    Where did you log out/log in? I've looked at the PTG properties, etc. but found nothing. The only place I remember seeing this is on the Print to Go screen that I have shown in my original post. But as you can see, it wont display the login.
    01-23-14 06:57 PM
    I actually printed a random document to print to go, the Window popped up for print to go and in the top right corner of the print to go Window it says "account", i just clicked the word account, it doesn't look like a button but I just clicked the word, then in the bottom left corner a button comes up in the print to go Window that says log out.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 12:40 AM
    Go into the app on your phone, swipe down, hit settings, then hit "reset". after this, pair the phone with you computer with the new password and if all goes Print to go should work again.
    01-24-14 02:31 AM
    I actually printed a random document to print to go, the Window popped up for print to go and in the top right corner of the print to go Window it says "account", i just clicked the word account, it doesn't look like a button but I just clicked the word, then in the bottom left corner a button comes up in the print to go Window that says log out.

Posted via CB10
    That's the part that missing. In the window that pops up there is no "account" or anything other than the error that shows in the picture on my original post. I'm trying to figure out how to get that back.
    01-24-14 05:58 AM
    Go into the app on your phone, swipe down, hit settings, then hit "reset". after this, pair the phone with you computer with the new password and if all goes Print to go should work again.
    I've tried that a couple of times. But I believe the logon window where I need to put the new pairing code, is the same one I showed in my first post. So there is nowhere to input the new code.
    I thought maybe logging off/on with Link my do it too, but that didn't work either.

I just need to figure out why that window is coming up blank. And uninstalling PTG and re-installing does not fix it.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-24-14 06:01 AM
    It looks like the print to go Window is a browser Window, I know that when the Window is selected you can use keyboard shortcuts to go back, forward and refresh, I know backspace key is to go back usually but not sure refresh is.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 08:58 AM
    Actually it looks like there is a blue hyperlink for refresh, also what happens if you scroll to the right, I see the scrolling bar at the bottom of the screen

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 09:01 AM
    Bump. I have the same problem and I am eager for a solution.
    03-15-14 02:52 PM
    i am having this issue too....i am using windows 8.1 if that helps...all working fine last time i used it around april 16th , then went to use again monday , no worky , originally getting 'error' when trying to locate Q10 and playbook, tried reset and everything , tried logging out (on pc) and went to lo back in using blackberry id and password and now get the screen above that was posted ....when click refresh page link (shown above) it comes up with ....
    Make sure the web address https://ptg.blackberry.com is correct.
    Look for the page with your search engine.
    Refresh the page in a few minutes
    I tried reloading(print to go) driver for pc , from blackberry site , resetting , multiple times - nothing
    i try putting address https://ptg.blackberry.com directly into various browsers and goes nowhere??!?!?
    if anyone can assist , it would be greatly appreciated , not sure if caused by any automatic computer or browser updates or something on bb's end ?!?!?! if anyone has a fix or any explanation it would be appreciated , thanks !
    05-02-14 03:17 PM
    I have the same issue. I couldn't print from my Windows 8.1 computer so I logged off print to go. Tried to log on again and I get the website saying it can't be found . Works with my windows 7 laptop

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:03 PM
    just wanted to let all know the response i got from @BlackBerryHelp ................
    "Thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry for the inconvenience, however Windows 8 is not supported and compatible with the Print to Go application, if it works it might display random behavior. Please review the specifications required to properly install and run this application: KB28668-System Requirements for Print To Go Let us know if you have other questions. ^AS"
    05-02-14 09:35 PM
    Internet Options -> Advance -> and activate under Security the SSL 2 Option.
    05-25-14 01:49 PM
    Thank you so much, made my day.
    05-26-14 06:30 PM
    Thanks. That got me past the 'navigation to the website was cancelled' error so I could log in, and now it gets to 'printing complete ' status, but not really as the process fails with an error 'Check your computer is connected to the internet and try again'. I have disabled firewall, allowed PTG through the firewall, and disabled anti-virus protection, in all combinations, and still it fails.

Works great on my Win7 machine, but I have had so many problems with Win8.1 on my new machine.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    06-06-14 05:16 PM
    Hi All,
    same problem since I changed computer with Windows 8.1
    The suggestion of making this modification on Internet Options worked fine in the sense that I was able to finally enter the password and the PIN.
    But when I tried to print, it gave an error and cannot transfer the file to my Z30.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    06-28-14 02:39 AM
    This was working fine on Windows 8 but ceased to work after the 8.1 update. I reported the issue and got zero response. It's extremely annoying when a genuinely useful native BB10 app which is promoted by BlackBerry themselves has no ongoing support or maintenance... this is not the best way to keep customers loyal to your company or platform.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 07:46 AM
    Windows 8.1 is still a relatively new update. There are a lot of issues with 8.1 with a lot of basic things like file sharing and scanning as well. Even look at things like print drivers and Windows 8 and 8.1 have their own versions (usually it's just an added DLL file or something like that). Likely the next update for the software will address the changes made by Microsoft in 8.1 that break the functionality.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 11:19 AM
    Glad I found this thread, I was about to make a rant on a new one...

Still, I might make a rant anyway as it is ridiculous that Print To Go desn't work with Windows 8.1...

It works awesomely with my older laptop and PC (both running XP) and now I�ve bought this HP with 8.1, beggining to regret it...

BlackBerry, please fix your software to work along 8.1!!!

If BB had a desktop OS for PC I would use it, but since it doesn't, I'm pretty much stuck with Windows (don't like Mac).
    08-27-14 04:05 PM
    There are so many (dozens of) major issues with Win 8.1, so I was not really surprised that PrintToGo stopped working. Like my touchpad stops working at least twice per day, requiring a cold restart. Regretting my 'upgrade' from Win 8.

Please BlackBerry, give me 10.3 on the desktop! I want to get some real work done. <wish> <wish>

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30 | via CB10
    08-29-14 01:31 PM
    One simple sentence has brought tears to my eyes. Months of trying, reinstalling, searching, and screaming....all to find out a simple box needs to be checked. Bless you kind sir.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    09-19-14 01:13 PM
    I spent the whole day and finally got it!
    The problem is caused by Security Update for Windows (KB2992611). Once you uninstall it Print To Go works again! To do it:
    1) go to Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features/Installed Updates
    2) paste KB2992611 into search box, this update will show up
    3) right click on it and choose UNinstall
    4) restart your PC
    5) enjoy the convenience of BlackBerry Print To Go!

Addition: to avoid this problem in the future turn off automatic Windows updates installations - choose notifications instead and when this update shows up to install again, right click on it and choose "Hide update"
    Last edited by Vito B; 11-13-14 at 10:32 PM.
    11-13-14 10:18 PM
    I spent the whole day and finally got it!
    Did the necessary and the program still didn't work. Hopefully it does for someone else, but I have given up on the software.
    11-16-14 01:40 PM
    Omg ... thanks so much @Vito B!!! Your suggestion fixed the problem. I use PTG almost daily (print my invoices to my phone). Then send them out via email. I had noticed it had quit working and would have never figured it out without your help. Kudos!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 02:10 PM
62 123