Hi guys,
    Probably this question has already been made, btw I wanted to know if there's a way to print over-the-air using my bb10 smartphone (currently a Z30). Can I print using my wifi printer shared in my home wifi network? Thanks in advance )

Posted via my naked Z30
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    06-10-14 09:43 AM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 09:45 AM
    you might be able to use the android app depending on your brand of printer.
    06-10-14 09:45 AM
    You may want to check this thread that i started couple days back on the same issue. No. Is the short answer to your question, but there are couple of options you may want to explore. Click below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=937414

Z30 - Simply the best. End of discussion!
    Pippomagri likes this.
    06-10-14 10:28 AM
    It's possible but only through android apps. They are hit and miss for me as some of them can read my memory, some can't

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 11:12 AM
    How is there no native solution. Hope BlackBerry is working on baking this into the os
    06-10-14 11:18 AM
    What about PlayCloud 10? http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19042045
    The printing is listed as one of the features.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 11:20 AM
    What about PlayCloud 10? PlayCloud 10 - BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    might work but its 1.99 and unless there is a trial I would rather use the free android app
    06-10-14 11:37 AM
    How is there no native solution. Hope BlackBerry is working on baking this into the os
    I know. An enterprise focused device with no wifi printing. Don't get it

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 11:41 AM
    Try HP ePrint app from the Amazon store, if you have an HP printer. It does all the basic printing related work well but nothing beyond that.

Check out their iOS app (called HP AiO Remote) to understand what's possible on a wifi enabled HP printer using an apple device. I hope BlackBerry is sincerely trying to address this issue.

CB10 on Z30
    06-10-14 11:47 AM
    I have the PrinterShare Premium app from previous android phone. It is very hit or miss and quite pricey. It worked well on my Android and was a bright spot.

I really can't see BlackBerry overlooking this as a core app again!
    06-10-14 11:56 AM
    might work but its 1.99 and unless there is a trial I would rather use the free android app
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=ZA
    Unfortunately no print functionality in the free version that can be tested.
    Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3175
    06-10-14 12:48 PM
    I use (android) Epson iPrint with a newer all-in-one Epson printer. It was easy to set up, and I can print effortlessly from the same room, or from the other side of the World.

I have also used the HP app at work, but it wasn't quite as user-friendly.

I experimented with PlayCloud 10 using my old printer, but the help file for setting it up is vague, and I did not get any meaningful results. I will give it a spin with my new printer a report if I get usable output.

Via CB10 on ? Q10 or Z30
    Pippomagri likes this.
    06-10-14 01:01 PM
    I use PrintHand. There are a free version and a paid version. It works flawless over wifi.

Check out PrintHand Mobile Print Premium in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/33511890

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175

Posted via CB10
    millwright40 likes this.
    06-10-14 01:20 PM
    Printhand is very good on my Q10 and Z30. Download the premium version from Blackberry World, NOT SNAP. The Snap full android version does not work. Also, Printhand has very good customer service.
    06-10-14 01:27 PM
    Hi guys,
    Probably this question has already been made, btw I wanted to know if there's a way to print over-the-air using my bb10 smartphone (currently a Z30). Can I print using my wifi printer shared in my home wifi network? Thanks in advance )

Posted via my naked Z30
    I was just thinking the same thing yesterday - would love to see this in 10.3...
    Pippomagri likes this.
    06-10-14 01:42 PM
    I know. An enterprise focused device with no wifi printing. Don't get it

Posted via CB10
    I bet they're working on it. Seems like a no-brainer and it would be such a sweet feature. Something tells me it's in the works. Just a guess though
    06-10-14 02:41 PM
    I use (android) Epson iPrint with a newer all-in-one Epson printer. It was easy to set up, and I can print effortlessly from the same room, or from the other side of the World.

I have also used the HP app at work, but it wasn't quite as user-friendly.

I experimented with PlayCloud 10 using my old printer, but the help file for setting it up is vague, and I did not get any meaningful results. I will give it a spin with my new printer a report if I get usable output.

Via CB10 on ? Q10 or Z30
    Thank you so much for the tip! I just bought a brand new Epson printer, so I'll give a try to the Android app you suggested! Thanks this is such a great community..

Posted via my naked Z30
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    06-11-14 07:01 AM
    Thank you so much for the tip! I just bought a brand new Epson printer, so I'll give a try to the Android app you suggested! Thanks this is such a great community..

Posted via my naked Z30
    @Pippomagri, you are welcome.

The Epsons also have a web remote print option through Epson Connect. If you print a status sheet from your printer for 'confirm Wi-Fi settings', the epsonconnect address should be listed. I have confirmed this works from any device and anywhere. It's an email address like [email protected], and you simply send an email with the attachment.

Playcloud 10 in BlackBerry World: Also on the status sheet is info for ipp: remote printing. The help documentation for Playcloud is poor for explaining setup, and I only have Playcloud Free so far, but I was able to get it to connect with my Epson and print a test page. The trick was getting the right info entered. In my case,
    - settings (pull-down) > printers > overflow > add printer
    - Host: http://192.168.1.80:631/ipp/print
    - Username: ipp/print
    - Password: blank
    - <check and load settings>

Test pages for PDF, PS, and JPG can be printed from the Printers page using a long press on the desired printer. The free version doesn't allow actual doc printing, so I may upgrade soon.

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30
    1Criz likes this.
    06-11-14 12:46 PM
    What about PlayCloud 10? PlayCloud 10 - BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    PlayCloud only works with certain printer models.
    06-11-14 01:16 PM
    Brother also has an app you can install from snap or side load the .Apk. It let's you print, scan, the works.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 02:47 PM
    I'm trying to use an Epson WF-100 mobile printer to print out in the field. All of these WiFi solutions don't work unless you connect the printer to a hotspot or something. I want to be able to print directly from my BlackBerry phone or Android tablet to the printer. I liked how Bluetooth printers used to work, but now WiFi Direct is the latest and greatest I guess.

When I try and connect my BlackBerry Z30 or Passport (running 10.3.2.2339), it won't reliably connect to the printer.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab does connect via WiFi Direct and prints using the Epson iPrint app.

The app seems to work on my BlackBerry, but it's the WiFi Direct connection that won't.
    08-27-15 01:33 PM
    Yes, through apps. The ones on BBWorld are terrible ( I found anyway), but I just downloaded a free one from Amazon Appstore, it's called "Hammermill Print". So far, it works perfectly. Once downloaded, it asked me to download additional software for the app (free) that are basically updates. Anyway, pretty seamless integration, it picked up my wifi printer quickly, and it accesses your devices and sd cards files so you can print them. You can print by opening the app and selecting the file you want, or by opening the file directly and "sharing" it with the app (the app pops up in the list of ways to share automatically). Basically, I was able to print whatever files I had on my phone and sd card (docs, spreadsheets, images, saved messages, pdfs) with no problem, but it's only been a day and so far so goo and hopefully it'll remain working well. Like all amazon/android apps, it's fairly seamless with my Z10, but if it were a native BB app the functions within the app might be cleaner/better.
    09-03-15 06:32 PM
    I agree, native wireless charging needs to be introduced into the OS by all means.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-04-15 06:21 PM
    I use Printhand from BBW and it works well with my printer. They have a free version so you can try it out with your printer before you buy.

I also use the Brother IPrint app from Playstore. It works fine, but is a little clunky.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 06:30 PM