If I wanted to watch whatever that video was, I could just turn on Fox News and get the same garbage.

The point is: you think we need to stop Muslims (good or bad, ALL) from coming into your country until we figure out what is going on. Should we stop gun sales to all people (good or bad) until we figure out what is going on?

If you still don't get the point I'm making, well, I wouldn't be surprised.
    It is a compilation video from multiple news sources, no commentary. It is only 1 minute.

Ideally, yes, if we can irradicate all guns (except for milltary, police, indigenous hunting/survival), I would love to have that. However, that ship has sailed; and even if we stop selling guns today, there are plenty of guns to go around to bad people. I see what you are saying, but with guns, the point you are making is too late now. If we were starting over with zero guns, I would totally support your stopping gun sales to all people (good or bad) until we figure out what is going on!

With the muslim refugees, we are starting over (with near zero refugees), so we can control it. And not let it get crazy like the guns.
    So yes, I support banning good and bad muslims until we figure out what to do. Because that is protecting the good Muslims we have here (as well as everyone else).
    Last edited by skstrials; 01-19-16 at 10:02 PM.
    01-19-16 09:42 PM
    That's cold.
    It should be getting warmer soon...
    01-19-16 09:47 PM
    It's ok, we'll just dump them in Winnipeg

Posted via CB10
    This actually made me laugh really hard and out loud.
    If you have been to Winnipeg you would understand.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 11:15 PM
    With the muslim refugees, we are starting over (with near zero refugees), so we can control it. And not let it get crazy like the guns.
    So yes, I support banning good and bad muslims until we figure out what to do. Because that is protecting the good Muslims we have here (as well as everyone else).

Lol the US of A has never accepted a Muslim refugee before this crisis or any refugee regardless of background? Oh really?
    Last time I did a head count there were 745,000 refugees admitted to the US post 9/11. I didn't ask how many were Muslim or not.
    Donald Trump has got you all in a tizzy.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    01-19-16 11:22 PM
    Lol the US of A has never accepted a Muslim refugee before this crisis or any refugee regardless of background? Oh really?
    Last time I did a head count there were 745,000 refugees admitted to the US post 9/11. I didn't ask how many were Muslim or not.
    Donald Trump has got you all in a tizzy.

Posted via CB10
    Not gonna deny that there were refugees before the current situation.

But this is the single biggest refugee migration since the World War 2.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 11:31 PM
    Not gonna deny that there were refugees before the current situation.

But this is the single biggest refugee migration since the World War 2.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong.

If we're talking refugee migration to the US, WW2 was not the largest migration. US accepted refugees after WW2 mainly from communist countries because of the cold war. It wasn't massive in one or two years time. It was a significant amount over ten or so years.
    The US has accepted around 90-100 Syrian refugees to date. That's not a fact to downgrade their acceptance of refugees. The US accepts more refugees than the top 20 developed nations. They do more than their part.

But to take your refugee lessons or geo political lessons from Donald "J" Trump is like taking lessons on flying a plane from someone who has logged all their flight hours on Microsoft flight simulator.

Largest refugee migration was probably after the fall of the USSR. Many Russians came over with next to no screening.
    Oh let's not forget Vietnam. How about the former Yugoslavia? Guess what? A lot of Bosnian Muslims came over in that migration. Tens of thousands. Wasn't a problem then. Trump was too busy going through a couple bankruptcies to get into politics.

Here's the kicker. Iraq. Over hundred thousand refugees from Iraq entered the US after the invasion of Iraq. Guess what? Majority Muslim refugees. You would think they held some sort of grudge against a country some believe illegally invaded. But no. Majority of them integrated well into US society. There were security screening measures in place for these refugees. Why all of the sudden those security screening measures are not good enough for the Syrian refugees. Because Trump says so? Or maybe he forgot that the US had such a system in place.

Posted via CB10
    cbvinh, SK122387 and Carjackd like this.
    01-20-16 12:22 AM
    Yes, except screening does not work. It certainly was not enough to stop the Paris attack from happening. And often times, there is just no way to verify all of them, especially in EU where it is connected by land.

There are now reports of sexual attacks to women from the refugees to which the police is not taking much action.

I would like actual Syrians commenting here as well, but it was my knowledge that Syrians were satisfied with the Assad regime. However, the US did not like that the regime is not open to US oil industry, which is why they have been funding the "moderate rebels (FSA)" to cause ****storm in the country to topple the regime, so that there is an American friendly government like in Iraq and Afghanistan. The ideal solution would be to get rid of ISIL and the rebels, and have the Kurds and the SAA discuss what to do with Syria.
    Paris attackers were all European nationals.
    But continue with your fear mongering it does well for ratings.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-20-16 12:26 AM
    Wrong.

If we're talking refugee migration to the US, WW2 was not the largest migration. US accepted refugees after WW2 mainly from communist countries because of the cold war. It wasn't massive in one or two years time. It was a significant amount over ten or so years.
    The US has accepted around 90-100 Syrian refugees to date. That's not a fact to downgrade their acceptance of refugees. The US accepts more refugees than the top 20 developed nations. They do more than their part.

But to take your refugee lessons or geo political lessons from Donald "J" Trump is like taking lessons on flying a plane from someone who ahs logged all their flight hours on Microsoft flight simulator.

Largest refugee migration was probably after the fall of the USSR. Many Russians came over with next to no screening.
    Oh let's not forget Vietnam. How about the former Yugoslavia? Guess what? A lot of Bosnian Muslims came over in that migration. Tens of thousands. Wasn't a problem then. Trump was too busy going through a couple bankruptcies to get into politics.

Here's the kicker. Iraq. Over hundred thousand refugees from Iraq entered the US after the invasion of Iraq. Guess what? Majority Muslim refugees. You would think they held some sort of grudge against a country some believe illegally invaded. But no. Majority of them integrated well into US society. There were security screening measures in place for these refugees. Why all of the sudden those security screening measures are not good enough for the Syrian refugees. Because Trump says so? Or maybe he forgot that the US had such a system in place.

Posted via CB10
    The difference is that Russians, Vietnamese, etc were all able to respect women and integrate with others.

But see what's happening now in EU.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 12:27 AM
    Paris attackers were all European nationals.
    But continue with your fear mongering it does well for ratings.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, no they were Muslim radicals

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 12:27 AM
    The difference is that Russians, Vietnamese, etc were all able to respect women and integrate with others.

But see what's happening now in EU.

Posted via CB10
    Russian refugees that came also brought elements of the Russian mafia. Guess what one of the greatest rackets for the Russian mafia is? Prostitution and trafficking of women for sex. It wasn't a coincidence that there was an increase of Russian prostitutes in mid 90's. Is exploiting women for profit considered respect for women?
    Vietnamese? Gender equality and female education the lack thereof is a major issue in Vietnam.

Every culture and society has had at one point or another or still do lack of respect for women.
    We can go on and on about this point.

What's happening in the EU? Failure of the immigrants to integrate and the marginalisation by the state to which they immigrated to. Problem is with the immigrants and also the state. To place it all on the immigrants is unfair. And to simplify it to how they treat their women is laughable at best. I work with a lot of Muslim men and women. Some first generation and others who came generations ago and others who are here on work visas. Guess what? I have yet to meet a terrorist. But I'll let you know when I do. I also work with some that wear a hijab. Women engineers and PhD educated women. Should I tell them their family or culture or religion has no respect for them because they wear a hijab? That they should wear a miniskirt and show some more skin if they want respect?

I bring up the hijab point because it's an issue that many feel shows oppression of Muslim women. Since I wasn't given an exact example of disrespect of women in Muslim refugees.

Posted via CB10
    cbvinh and SK122387 like this.
    01-20-16 12:52 AM
    Actually, no they were Muslim radicals

Posted via CB10
    Lol oh now they're Muslim radicals. It went from Syrian refugees, found out they weren't refugees to Muslim radicals.
    Why not just jump straight to the Muslim radical rather than bringing the refugee term into it as the media played it. It does better for ratings when they say refugees first. Muslim radicals is getting played out now.

They were Muslim and they were radical, yes.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    01-20-16 12:56 AM
    Lol oh now they're Muslim radicals. It went from Syrian refugees, found out they weren't refugees to Muslim radicals.
    Why not just jump straight to the Muslim radical rather than bringing the refugee term into it as the media played it. It does better for ratings when they say refugees first. Muslim radicals is getting played out now.

They were Muslim and they were radical, yes.

Posted via CB10
    They were Muslim immigrants.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 11:05 AM
    Russian refugees that came also brought elements of the Russian mafia. Guess what one of the greatest rackets for the Russian mafia is? Prostitution and trafficking of women for sex. It wasn't a coincidence that there was an increase of Russian prostitutes in mid 90's. Is exploiting women for profit considered respect for women?
    Vietnamese? Gender equality and female education the lack thereof is a major issue in Vietnam.

Every culture and society has had at one point or another or still do lack of respect for women.
    We can go on and on about this point.

What's happening in the EU? Failure of the immigrants to integrate and the marginalisation by the state to which they immigrated to. Problem is with the immigrants and also the state. To place it all on the immigrants is unfair. And to simplify it to how they treat their women is laughable at best. I work with a lot of Muslim men and women. Some first generation and others who came generations ago and others who are here on work visas. Guess what? I have yet to meet a terrorist. But I'll let you know when I do. I also work with some that wear a hijab. Women engineers and PhD educated women. Should I tell them their family or culture or religion has no respect for them because they wear a hijab? That they should wear a miniskirt and show some more skin if they want respect?

I bring up the hijab point because it's an issue that many feel shows oppression of Muslim women. Since I wasn't given an exact example of disrespect of women in Muslim refugees.

Posted via CB10
    Many EU and other Western countries, including Canada, have had strict immigration policies until now, considering one's education background, income level, family, language, and job skills. This was done not only for the country, but also for the success and happiness of the immigrants in the country. If we are just taking in everyone without considering these factors, the new immigrants will not be able to succeed in the society, and grow hateful towards their new country. Hence, what is happening in France, where Muslims take up prisons and low paid jobs --> Hateful towards society --> Terrorism.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 11:06 AM
    It's ok, we'll just dump them in Winnipeg

Posted via CB10
    Lol...I don't know if Kevin wants them either
    01-20-16 03:11 PM
    This thread just didn't go sideways, it fell off a cliff.

Posted via CB10
    Thread closed in 5....4.....3.....2.....
    01-20-16 03:15 PM
    This went from harmless poking fun at PM Selfie to THIS? WOW.

I forgot. Everyone knows everything on the Internet and everyone else is wrong and everyone has to prove everyone wrong but everyone is not always wrong...

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-20-16 06:37 PM
    Seems like a nice and cool young dude. I'm not Canadian though. He's better than the previous PM, I like what he did with the refugees and all. Na, Canada is gonna grow now. Don't worry bout it. All will be good. Also he's kinda supporting BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Since your not Canadian maybe reserve you're comments!

What he did with refugees? Sorry but what did he do? Canada had committed to 25000 before Trudeau schmoozed his way in and made that a campaign promise. Funny thing is he still has only taken 10,000.

How can someone say he is better than previous when he has only been PM for a couple months and done nothing but pose for selfies?

Proof is in the results and things are pointing in the wrong direction as of now.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-21-16 10:50 AM
    I forgot. Everyone knows everything on the Internet and everyone else is wrong and everyone has to prove everyone wrong but everyone is not always wrong...
    Fitting: https://youtube.com/watch?v=tRVUOGUmxJI
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-21-16 11:01 AM
    Since your not Canadian maybe reserve you're comments!

What he did with refugees? Sorry but what did he do? Canada had committed to 25000 before Trudeau schmoozed his way in and made that a campaign promise. Funny thing is he still has only taken 10,000.

How can someone say he is better than previous when he has only been PM for a couple months and done nothing but pose for selfies?

Proof is in the results and things are pointing in the wrong direction as of now.

Posted via CB10
    First of all, settle down there. Second, I was a big supporter of Harper from the beginning and always voted for him ever since I could vote, but even I know his time as PM was up and it was time for change. I personally think Mulcair was the best man for the job, but let's be honest, nobody wants an NDP government. Trudeau's a young buck and fresh meat, he's a charismatic man and could do great things for this country, just give him a chance to do that instead of chewing him up for doing nothing so far even though he's only been pm for a few months.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 11:40 AM
    I have to say I am pretty impressed with the CB community as to how well this thread has gone.
    Nearly 100 posts on a politically charged topic without going off the rails.

3 cheers!
    01-21-16 12:17 PM
    Thread closed in 5....4.....3.....2.....
    Waiting for that to happen.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 02:25 AM
    I have to say I am pretty impressed with the CB community as to how well this thread has gone.
    Nearly 100 posts on a politically charged topic without going off the rails.

3 cheers!
    I'm the OP. Your welcome.
    Yeah happens to my threads, when I start em they set on FIRE!!

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 02:27 AM
    I'm the OP. Your welcome.
    Yeah happens to my threads, when I start em they set on FIRE!!

Posted via CB10
    Cause your the smartest person on CB and the amount of help you give others is amazing.

Thanks for all your help and wisdom.
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-22-16 10:49 AM
    This thread has gone way off topic thread closed.
    01-22-16 10:51 AM
99 ... 234