it really is. it is amazing how much better this android runtime is. After installing Google Play client snap i can get any android apps. Pretty much they all work with some rare oddities here and there. Best part is that android apps run very fast. there is not real visible performance difference between android and native apps in my mind (with some exceptions of course). I am totally complete with my blackberry. i have absolutely everything i would want in my phone. best keyboard, best multitasking os and pretty much any app i want. Great work.
    02-11-14 10:33 AM
    correction:

Your Blackberry is OFFICIALLY a Blackberry, heavily entrenched with Android.
    GSM-S likes this.
    02-11-14 11:01 AM
    Agreed, my app gap closed about a month ago with the leaked 10.2.1. My app ratio is about 2:1 android.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 11:14 AM
    I refuse to install any Google Android applications on principle.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    deceptiver and BitPusher2600 like this.
    02-11-14 11:34 AM
    I refuse to install any Google Android applications on principle.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    That's dumb.
    What's the principle?
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    02-11-14 11:41 AM
    That's dumb.
    What's the principle?
    Not downloading any Android app IS the principle.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    02-11-14 12:07 PM
    That's dumb.
    What's the principle?
    I think you stated it for him...The android runtime is keeping Blackberry relevant as far as apps goes...some people doth protest too much
    02-11-14 12:07 PM
    correction:

Your Blackberry is OFFICIALLY a Blackberry, heavily entrenched with Android.
    Mehhh "heavily entrenched" is a bit of an exaggeration. More like...

BlackBerry is still and always will be BlackBerry, only now it has the capabilities to run applications developed on and for other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:22 PM
    I got the most important app I was missing, Autocad 360 and works great, it even register it in the file system so if I tap on a dwg file on an email or the file explorer it launches the app and opens the file, I though being an android app it wouldn't do that but it does.

My wife, sister and brother have downloaded a lot of apps, and only a few don't work, between them Photoshop, but they are so very happy with their games and other little apps.

Now I think we have the best of two worlds but there is also a compromise we BB fans should make, that if the app is available native been original or third party we should compromise with them to support native developers.
    Mr KLScott likes this.
    02-11-14 12:33 PM
    Not downloading any Android app IS the principle.
    That's the action, not the principle.
    02-11-14 02:11 PM
    Its not an android device its distinctively a blackberry -but it has its similarities.

Your weapon of choice is not the single purpose rapid fire uzi-like app-machine that is an I-phone.

Neither is it the undoubtedly capable and ubiquitous android AK47.

Your weapon of choice is the BlackBerry M16.

Sure most will favour the android AK47, its cheap, dependable and very capable. For those who need to equip their untrained rabble for combat on a shoe string it's the obvious choice.

But you are different, your take time to master your tools...

Your BlackBerry M16 may require meticulous updates and rebuilds from time to time but in the right hand, your hands, its accuracy and lean design are legendary....

Step forward Blackberry man.

Errm?

If Jeremy Clarkson was Blackberrys creative director?

PS

Is this the way to sell to Americans?
    Mr KLScott likes this.
    02-11-14 02:35 PM
    I agree with whom not installing android app on thier BlackBerry..u do instaled just viber cos i need it..but i agree with them..cos i wud love to have BlackBerry apps exclusivly just like other platforms...hope it happenes someday befor i end my contract so i can get another New BlackBerry..

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 02:48 PM
    I use android apps like when I buy something from amazon and I get a post saying download our app to track your order. Or I buy something that is packaged with an app. Now id prefer a BlackBerry app to an android one but I'm heavily anti-platform specific apps for simple web thin client stuff. Its a shame that BlackBerry provided a better development platform than android but sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Its hard to believe its come to this but-
    If someone wrote an android runtime for I-phone and windows it would be no bad thing.
    02-11-14 03:02 PM
    Man why? Look, "Android" or "Google" don't make most of the apps on android phones, independent developers do. All I saw from the years 2011 on BlackBerry forums were "how much more apps&games iPhone&Android have compared to us", well here is your chance to even up the score! Now, at first, I too would've said the same as you. But when you look at some of the apps, i.e. snapchat, Google Maps, Glyde, vine, kik, Qpdf,

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-17-14 03:56 PM
    A few years back I would've said the same. But with apps such as Google Maps, Glyde, Vine, Qpdf(full version is free), Banking apps(which all but all but abandoned us except for European Banks since 2009), and corporate apps(Papa Johns, Ikea, Dominos, grocery stores, shoe stores.....why wouldn't you? Look, I know most forums you see are about some android or iPhone game you can now get on BB10 via Amazon, 1Mobile or Snap, but look at it this way....most apps in BlackBerry world that are paid are free in Google Play store....soooo that means more "quality" apps for you....drum roll please.... for free!!! you should download 10.2, download Snap, Amazon store&1Mobile store, look through all your bookmarked apps in BlackBerry world, then search for them in the three aforementioned Google app stores and download the free versions my friend!!!! It really does make your mobile experience more enjoyable, take it from me....the proud new owner of a Q10 running 10.2 and more apps than I know what to do with. you will be the envy of the ensuing mobile device wars because you will have the best of three (3) worlds!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:12 PM
    I can tell you are an American military man all the way. HOOOOOAAH brother!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:15 PM
    You know, I never gave that consideration. I've been quite selfish since this availability to download android apps has started. Any app that was paid in BlackBerry world, I would just go to my three (3) Google stores, find it for free, download, then install. But you're right, we DO have an obligation to our native developers, I'm going to stop taking the cheap way to getting an app.... oh well, less money for beer&cigars....

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:20 PM