Unless I do it myself, I will never get 10.3.3 on my ATT Passport. I tried to start with the Sachesi program, but I could not load it into Windows.

I figure that a destructive update will do the job but I absolutely must preserve my sent emails for legal reasons. (My inbox is backed up in Outlook on my PC so I am less concerned about incoming emails.)

So my question is if I do a quick/full/custom backup on Link and then load the backup file into my device after doing a destructive update, can I recover my sent items onto my Passport?

How reliable is this process?

I am little confused by Link because when I click on "Custom Backup," it gives me the option to backup "Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar Data" and "Media" and "Application Data" -- but there is no mention of emails. Why would not it mention emails, text messages and BBM?
    01-09-17 02:37 PM
    In past experiences, everything seemed to be backed up when I did a restore including emails. In fact, I would have so many emails on my device, it slowed the whole process down and used up a lot of storage space on my PC. I then got into the habit of deleting my emails (from the device) and just resyncing after I did the restore. My PC mail client had a copy of my emails anyway and was a good time to clean house.
    See what others have to say about this....
    01-09-17 03:17 PM
    Why don't you try Ultimate Backup app?
    01-09-17 04:07 PM
    Why don't you try Ultimate Backup app?
    I thought that BlackBerry had a good solution for this in Link. Is there really need to use a third-party party application?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 06:38 PM
    Unless I do it myself, I will never get 10.3.3 on my ATT Passport. I tried to start with the Sachesi program, but I could not load it into Windows.
    You didn't say what version of Windows you have or what version of Sachesi you tried.

I found Sachesi versions 2.02 and 2.03 to not work consistently in Windows 8 and 10. No problems with v2.01.

If Sachesi still doesn't work for you, try Darcy's BlackBerry Tools (DBBT) for a non-destructive update.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2163
    01-09-17 07:20 PM
    Thanks, ppeters, but I'm still Interested in backing up/restoring the emails using Link. I'm surprised that more people don't do this all the time.

In answer to your question, I was using windows 8.1. This might've been the problem. On the other hand, it seemed like the file extension of the download was one that was incompatible with windows. I did not know what to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 08:10 PM
    Please note that the backup apps in BBW make no mention of emails. As a result, I don't think I should buy them and attempt to use them.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 10:34 PM
    Thanks, ppeters, but I'm still Interested in backing up/restoring the emails using Link. I'm surprised that more people don't do this all the time.

In answer to your question, I was using windows 8.1. This might've been the problem. On the other hand, it seemed like the file extension of the download was one that was incompatible with windows. I did not know what to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    Probably because my emails are stored online. Wiping my device would not erase my emails.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 01:51 AM
    Can anyone else confirm that Link backs up emails and restores them?

I am thinking about using an old bbb10 device to try to upload a backup from my Passport before I do a destructive update.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 10:12 AM
    Just wondering why your Sent emails also aren't synced to the Outlook Sent Items folder?

Mine are.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    01-10-17 02:33 PM
    I'm talking about Outlook on my desktop PC. I use a third party email service for my domain and use POP rather than IMAP. Using IMAP, the emails sync with the server and the different email clients contain the same emails (I believe). So my desktop Outlook does not sync with the email server.

As a result, I have sent items on my handset that don't exist anywhere else. They don't save on my third party service's server -- which I did not understand until I just checked. (I thought that they were saved on the server.)

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 10:09 PM
    I'm pretty sure you are correct in that using POP email, sent emails stay on the client email program they were sent from. If you sent it from your PC, they are in Outlook. Sent from the phone, they are in the phone.

The only thing I can think of is to try forwarding the sent mail to yourself from the phone. That way, a copy is now back in your email server's inbox, and then you can open them on the PC, and archive it there if you wish.

Just curious, but does your email service not give you the option to use IMAP? That truly does allow all connected email clients to sync up everything. Sent emails from the phone are duplicated on the PC.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 10:36 PM
    I thought that in POP since the sent emails still had to go through the server that the emails would remain there in a folder.

I am stuck with my situation because I have years of sent items now. I am always use PO P for my email because I thought that it would be better for archiving. This might seem counterintuitive but I am afraid of losing emails by deleting them on one of the many devices that I use.

Anyway I can't change this now.

Forwarding 5000 emails to preserve them could be a problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 02:02 AM
    I ended up going through my sent items manually and forwarding them to my gmail account. It was a hassle but not too bad since I only have 5 months of emails on my Passport. (I think I lost my sent items from my last Passport that I retired or might have to do the same thing with those.)

As an interesting note, I found that on my older Blackberry devices all my sent items were saved to my domain server even while using POP. I wonder if this was because of the way that Blackberry OS ran versus Blackberry 10. Once I started using Blackberry 10, when I sent something from my Z10, Z30 or Passport nothing is saved on my domain server.
    01-11-17 06:27 PM