I've been looking for a cost effective pre paid plan for a blackberry phone, doesn't have to be bb10 I actually prefer an os7. So far I could only find boost mobile offered two curve phones (1 really). I'm just looking for a very cost efficient text plan. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:22 PM
    If you buy your own phone then I recommend Simple Mobile as they are the cheapest prepaid I've seen... they run off the T-Mobile network. Otherwise, Boost is actually not that bad...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:38 PM
    thanks, I was told to do the same by buying an unlocked at&t phone and sign up for metro pcs

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:38 PM
    or something along those lines

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:38 PM
    I used a Bold 9900 on Simple Mobile for a good while. They are the only provider in the US I'm aware of that have a "bring your own BlackBerry" service offering, else you have no choice but the Curves offered by Straight Talk or Boost.

Whatever model of BlackBerry you choose, it must be GSM compatible but say in the case of my former 9900, if you get a T-Mobile branded device, it doesn't have to be "unlocked" and you will get 4G.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-10-13 05:57 PM
    I used a Bold 9900 on Simple Mobile for a good while. They are the only provider in the US I'm aware of that have a "bring your own BlackBerry" service offering, else you have no choice but the Curves offered by Straight Talk or Boost.

Whatever model of BlackBerry you choose, it must be GSM compatible but say in the case of my former 9900, if you get a T-Mobile branded device, it doesn't have to be "unlocked" and you will get 4G.

thank you sir! I would probably try and get a decent curve so I'll have to give simple mobile a try, can't say it heard of it.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:58 PM
    You might look into the Torch 9860... I used one for a year... it's got a decent sized touch screen and just works nice with os7... saw a bunch on Amazon for under $200 and well worth it

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:51 PM
    You might look into the Torch 9860... I used one for a year... it's got a decent sized touch screen and just works nice with os7... saw a bunch on Amazon for under $200 and well worth it

Posted via CB10
    I'm honestly thinking about going with a curve 9360. they're also on amazon for about $90. My first bb was a curve so it will be nice to try it. I used to have the 9930 and I certainly wish I had it now.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:45 PM
    Hey if you're ok with using a Curve you might get the one Straight Talk has right now because at least that thing can roam. The downside with Simple Mobile is that while you can bring your own 'Berry (meaning you can put a higher end device on their prepaid service), it uses T-Mobile bandwith ONLY. It will not roam onto AT&T.

I found this out the hard way when I went out of town for a week to visit my family in northern West Virginia. I had absolutely zero service down there, and I don't mean just no data but no means to make phone calls either. When I called them about it from a relative's phone, they explained that they don't roam onto AT&T but use T-Mobile towers only. It was at that point I went to Sprint.

That said, anywhere that has Tmo is good to go. The point of Simple Mobile is to bring a higher grade of BlackBerry onto prepaid for a good monthly price and for unlimited everything. Curves are cheap and if you've got any reason to be concerned about whether or not you'll always have Tmo service available, again, you should buy the one Straight Talk or Boost is offering.

Good luck.

12-11-13 02:21 AM
    Thanks, I think I may go with simple mobile, I just want a cheap simple phone like the curve 9360. and they have really cheap plans, I'm also gonna be staying local with it so this might be perfect for me. thank you

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 12:08 PM