When peeking at the hub, or switching over to it, I wish this was the default screen. Including the icons on the right would allow you to quickly switch to that category while eliminating a swiping motion.

The feature already exists, you can set the hub to display this way by placing the notifications list there manually.
    Potential Hub Improvement-img_00000118.png

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:23 AM
    Isn't the whole point of BB10 to maximize real estate for the running app? Why would you use up ~10% of your screen displaying a banner which you *might* use? I actually love how BB has gotten rid of the menu bar, any form of system navigation keys (like Android devices without physical buttons), etc. to maximize screen real estate for the app you're running. What you're suggesting would be completely counter intuitive to all of that. The idea is to have all unnecessary functions hidden, but immediately accessible. That's the whole point of the menu overflow, the swiping gesture to get to different accounts, etc.
    sala7 likes this.
    03-26-13 04:10 AM
    I am with Turtles here. For me the real estate is too important to sacrifice for part time function.
    03-26-13 05:00 AM
    I can partly agree with Joel. If this was an "option" that you can pick, for those who may feel the need to use this, that'd be great.
    03-26-13 08:52 AM
    Isn't the whole point of BB10 to maximize real estate for the running app? Why would you use up ~10% of your screen displaying a banner which you *might* use? I actually love how BB has gotten rid of the menu bar, any form of system navigation keys (like Android devices without physical buttons), etc. to maximize screen real estate for the app you're running. What you're suggesting would be completely counter intuitive to all of that. The idea is to have all unnecessary functions hidden, but immediately accessible. That's the whole point of the menu overflow, the swiping gesture to get to different accounts, etc.
    I don't know if I agree that BlackBerry10 is all about screen real-estate. I think it's more about "peek and flow." I've noticed that the peeking and moving to the hub from an app works amazingly well when the hub happens to be on the page where the notification is. What I don't like is peeking and moving into a hub page that doesn't contain the message you want to read. The "Menu bar" wouldn't be there all the time, it would only serve as a temporary shortcut to the relevant hub pages.
    03-26-13 01:58 PM
    I agree with Joel...something getting to what you want in a hub requires multi swipes. Wish there was a quick way menu bar notification straight to the hub would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:05 PM
    An option, OK, definitely not a fixed feature.

Posted via CB10
    Rayysai likes this.
    03-26-13 02:28 PM
    Or an option to always have it default back to the Hub (or wherever you please) instead of where you last left off. Either way more options the better.
    03-26-13 03:31 PM
    Or an option to always have it default back to the Hub (or wherever you please) instead of where you last left off. Either way more options the better.
    I would love to see this as an option. BlackBerry is known for giving its users customization options. And I would love for when I leave the hub and return to it it defaults to the main hub... not where I left off unless say I was writing something and had not canceled or saved it yet. While I know others may not love this feature, I am just hoping for options.
    03-26-13 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD