Hmm. Mine does. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    hmnnnn.......let me try that again!
    07-02-19 10:50 PM
    hmnnnn.......let me try that again!
    I don't see it when dark??????????
    07-02-19 10:52 PM
    I never use the "dark" mode and the reason is because it does NOT show the highlighted unread posts under "Participated". This is, imo, one of the absolute best features of CB10.
    You mean, you don't see this?

Post  Apocalypto OS10....What are you doing with it?-img_20190702_225610.png
    07-02-19 10:59 PM
    You mean, you don't see this?
    No - I see this ...... and I have NOT tapped on the thread subject :Post  Apocalypto OS10....What are you doing with it?-img_20190703_000129.jpg
    07-02-19 11:06 PM
    Maybe a difference from the Z10 to Passport?
    07-02-19 11:07 PM
    Maybe a difference from the Z10 to Passport?
    That's just weird. You'd think there shouldn't be a difference other than screen ratio.
    07-02-19 11:12 PM
    ok @conite -- explanation pulleeeeze!

-screen brightness?
    07-02-19 11:17 PM

-screen brightness?
    Would that affect the missing orange bar on the side of the unread post?

Does this happen on all Passports?
    07-02-19 11:24 PM
    Would that affect the missing orange bar on the side of the unread post?

Does this happen on all Passports?
    Orange bar is there but so thin I never noticed it before. However now that I see it I know what to look for. I think I still like it better on bright. Thanks though for mentioning the bar!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-19 11:30 PM
    Orange bar is there but so thin I never noticed it before. However now that I see it I know what to look for. I think I still like it better on bright. Thanks though for mentioning the bar!

Posted via CB10
    The bar doesn't show up at all in the screen shot. Although my eyes are getting bad.
    07-02-19 11:39 PM

-screen brightness?
    There is a toggle in the app settings for this.
    07-03-19 05:58 AM
    A reboot of my phone did the job. It now shows up highlighted both in dark and bright modes. Weird!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-19 07:45 AM
    So I'm running the Q5 and Z3 on Wi-Fi and no SIM for now. I wanted texting so I downloaded textnow app but it's dog slow.. Any ideas?
    07-04-19 10:46 AM
    So I'm running the Q5 and Z3 on Wi-Fi and no SIM for now. I wanted texting so I downloaded textnow app but it's dog slow.. Any ideas?
    I'm surprised Textnow even works - Both the Q5 and Z3 are dog slow to begin with (no offense) so I doubt anything will help with that. Without that SIM in there, I can't see you getting any satisfaction with texting. BB10 devices are NOT meant to have 3rd party apps for texting, calling etc. Would be interesting to know how a higher powered Passport would handle it though. I presume you have adjusted any settings on the Textnow app with regards to syncing etc?
    07-04-19 10:55 AM
    I'm surprised Textnow even works - Both the Q5 and Z3 are dog slow to begin with (no offense) so I doubt anything will help with that. Without that SIM in there, I can't see you getting any satisfaction with texting. BB10 devices are NOT meant to have 3rd party apps for texting, calling etc. Would be interesting to know how a higher powered Passport would handle it though. I presume you have adjusted any settings on the Textnow app with regards to syncing etc?
    No offense taken, as it's why I didn't buy them until they were closed out. If memory serves, they were designed as cheaper, lower powered alternatives to Q10, Z10 and Z30 of same time period. I recall having similar issues with all the other BB10 hardware using textnow, pinger and textfree apps in same time period.

I feel Non Native Android Apps run worse than ever on BB10 hardware or at least worse than I remember. I'm not using either with a SIM card away from WiFi so not really a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-04-19 11:42 AM
    I feel Non Native Android Apps run worse than ever on BB10 hardware or at least worse than I remember. I'm not using either with a SIM card away from WiFi so not really a big deal.
    It's no great surprise that android apps are going to be slow and especially on those devices. I have a Z10 and a Passport and there is a huge difference between those devices when running the same android app. I have a nano sim adapter so that I can swap my SIM card between Z10, Passport and my android phones (have 2) and that way, texting works perfectly on ALL devices.
    07-04-19 12:01 PM
    Fongo? It's more lightweight and you get unlimited calling across 90% of Canada. Texting is extra but rates are good. Still in BlackBerry World and received an update recently.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-19 02:34 PM
    Fongo? It's more lightweight and you get unlimited calling across 90% of Canada. Texting is extra but rates are good. Still in BlackBerry World and received an update recently.

Posted via CB10
    While it is a good a good app (I've used it), it only works in Canada.
    07-04-19 02:51 PM
    While it is a good a good app (I've used it), it only works in Canada.
    Well, actuallllly... Respectfully disagree.

Not sure I understand "only works in Canada". It certainly works for Canada-to-Canada calls no matter where you are. You just need WiFi or roaming data; you could be anywhere in the world and still make a call. You can also pay a low rate to make international calls.

Texting, too, works no matter where you go, so long as you bought a texting package.

Being VoIP, it works differently than traditional cell towers, so it doesn't matter where you're located.

So in all of those ways, the app works beyond Canada.
    07-04-19 03:23 PM
    Well, actuallllly... Respectfully disagree.

Not sure I understand "only works in Canada". It certainly works for Canada-to-Canada calls no matter where you are. You just need WiFi or roaming data; you could be anywhere in the world and still make a call. You can also pay a low rate to make international calls.

Texting, too, works no matter where you go, so long as you bought a texting package.

Being VoIP, it works differently than traditional cell towers, so it doesn't matter where you're located.

So in all of those ways, the app works beyond Canada.
    Yeah that could be the case, not sure about actually downloading the app from BBW however. Chuck is in the USA and I don't think he has access. Could certainly be wrong about that though. I realize that it should work anywhere that you can get an internet connection once you actually have the app.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-04-19 03:32 PM
    Yeah that could be the case, not sure about actually downloading the app from BBW however. Chuck is in the USA and I don't think he has access. Could certainly be wrong about that though. I realize that it should work anywhere that you can get an internet connection once you actually have the app.
    Good point on access. There's the "Fongo World Edition" ,but I don't think that's in BB World. Chuck, if interested, you might want to try the Fongo apk from one of the archive sites -- the BB World version is just a repackaged version of the Android app anyways.
    07-04-19 03:34 PM
    Good point on access. There's the "Fongo World Edition" ,but I don't think that's in BB World. Chuck, if interested, you might want to try the Fongo apk from one of the archive sites -- the BB World version is just a repackaged version of the Android app anyways.
    Thanks for the info since I'm just looking to have some fun with these devices. I joke about the extremes but seriously, CB10 is still pretty good while Android Central is broken. Either update it like CB10 or pull it from BBW as it's serving no purpose.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-04-19 04:00 PM
    pull it from BBW as it's serving no purpose.
    Don't worry, it'll soon be gone forever as will many others that don't work anymore.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-04-19 05:47 PM
    OK, I’ve put away the Q5 and Z3 for now. For me, other than CB10 app, there’s not too much going on. Part of my problem is that I rely on both of my phones for Android/iOS ecosystem capabilities more than ever. The biggest two uses I have are business specific apps that don’t exist under ART 4.4 or ART 5.0 in all instances. The other is Google Voice and other phone apps that I use to mask real actual phone number for privacy issues. As mentioned previously, I was able to find some minimum ART 4.1 requirements but too slow to be practical for me.

I’ll fire up all eight of my BB10 devices towards end of year and do whatever it takes regarding turning off certain features so don’t turn into bricks.

If you’re still able to use BB10, more power to you.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-06-19 01:53 PM
    OK, I’ve put away the Q5 and Z3 for now. For me, other than CB10 app, there’s not too much going on. Part of my problem is that I rely on both of my phones for Android/iOS ecosystem capabilities more than ever. The biggest two uses I have are business specific apps that don’t exist under ART 4.4 or ART 5.0 in all instances. The other is Google Voice and other phone apps that I use to mask real actual phone number for privacy issues. As mentioned previously, I was able to find some minimum ART 4.1 requirements but too slow to be practical for me.

I’ll fire up all eight of my BB10 devices towards end of year and do whatever it takes regarding turning off certain features so don’t turn into bricks.

If you’re still able to use BB10, more power to you.
    Chuck, I know you know my opinion and the related evidence on this, but for others who discover this thread: you should have no trouble using anything BB10-related other than Blackberry World after 12/31/2019 and your devices will not turn into bricks.
    07-06-19 10:51 PM
173 12345 ...