I was looking at BB unlocking services on Ebay.

All of the ones I looked at said that "RDV" on the label that you can see after removing the battery on a Q10, means that the phone cannot be unlocked.

My phone happens to have some warranty work done by BlackBerry. They never told me that I would not be able to unlock my phone after getting a warranty work done. If I knew that I would not be able to unlock my phone after getting a warranty service, I would have fixed the phone myself. I bought a phone new, just because it had a warranty work done on it does not change the fact that I bought a new phone. This is ridiculous.

Anyways, any idea on how to unlock the phone?

If not, I could always pay Rogers $50 to unlock my phone, but that is such a rip off. And I do not see how the Rogers unlock code would work with my RDV phone, and a Ebay phone cannot.
    02-07-16 12:09 AM
    i thought it's a law that phones needs to be unlocked and if you got it back from warranty like that why don't you contact blackberry?
    02-07-16 07:42 AM
    I'm of no help here, just watching what comes of it as I too have an RDV device sitting here and can't find anyone to unlock it...

I was looking at BB unlocking services on Ebay.

All of the ones I looked at said that "RDV" on the label that you can see after removing the battery on a Q10, means that the phone cannot be unlocked.

My phone happens to have some warranty work done by BlackBerry. They never told me that I would not be able to unlock my phone after getting a warranty work done. If I knew that I would not be able to unlock my phone after getting a warranty service, I would have fixed the phone myself. I bought a phone new, just because it had a warranty work done on it does not change the fact that I bought a new phone. This is ridiculous.

Anyways, any idea on how to unlock the phone?

If not, I could always pay Rogers $50 to unlock my phone, but that is such a rip off. And I do not see how the Rogers unlock code would work with my RDV phone, and a Ebay phone cannot.
    02-15-16 12:58 AM