I listen to an online radio stream from my computer and I'm trying to now listen to it on my Passport from the music app, how would I do that?
    I got it to work with VLC but would rather use it from the native music app.
    09-04-16 02:20 PM
    You'd need to try invoke it from another App, or use a Native third party App like my Star Player (send me the link if you want me to try it)
    09-04-16 03:26 PM
    It's an option within my classic native BlackBerry music app to select 'radio' and provided your headphones have an antenna you get radio.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    Attachment 407802

Attachment 407803
    09-04-16 04:15 PM
    Ah, maybe radio is not an option with the BlackBerry native music app in Passport.....

09-04-16 04:18 PM
    Ah, maybe radio is not an option with the BlackBerry native music app in Passport.....

That's FM Radio, Internet Radio is different
    Vistaus and anon(3641385) like this.
    09-04-16 04:35 PM
    Some online streaming sources have a specific app either made for blackBerry or an android app that will work, but for the ones that dont I simply treat my phonme like a desktop computer, and go to the link, save a desktop shortcut to it, and stream through a browser. Having Zeus often is required as stations still (often or usually) use flash. So having another browser for browsing while you listen can be useful, or depending on the source you can stream in one tab while browsing in another.

Soma is a fun one that is on BB World. Star Player has a selection of streaming stations included to use, and you can add your own too but I haven't figured out how to make that play nice with ststions you sign in to (for ad-free listening). File Play also has some stations included, still in beta so probably more to come. I use a whole pile of apps for streaming from BB World. besides these.
    09-05-16 11:35 AM
    Try the TuneIn app
    09-05-16 11:37 AM
    Soma is a fun one that is on BB World. Star Player has a selection of streaming stations included to use, and you can add your own too but I haven't figured out how to make that play nice with ststions you sign in to (for ad-free listening). File Play also has some stations included, still in beta so probably more to come. I use a whole pile of apps for streaming from BB World. besides these.
    Any idea how this sign in stuff works? Is it login cookies or something, Star Player uses urls directly to the stream

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 12:11 PM
    I listen to an online radio stream from my computer and I'm trying to now listen to it on my Passport from the music app, how would I do that?
    I got it to work with VLC but would rather use it from the native music app.
    Not sure of a way in the native music app, but there's always Nobex if you're looking for a native app to do this. You could also email yourself the direct link to the stream (popup web player, for ex), open from BB10 browser and then add a shortcut to your app screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 12:19 PM
    Try Boomer Radio. Works on BB browser. Boomer Radio - Plays Our Songs

The android app also works, if you download an older apk from one of the various generic apk sites...Google Playstore new version also works, but needs to be patched through the Cobalt tools mentioned throughout this forum.
    09-05-16 12:49 PM
    Why not just use TuneIn

Sent using my amazing Z30
    09-05-16 11:46 PM
    Any idea how this sign in stuff works? Is it login cookies or something, Star Player uses urls directly to the stream
    Posted via CB10
    Maybe I was unclear: You dont have to sign in to use your player apps, I was speaking of things I subscribe to for ad-free stations, but I never save passwords or just leave myself signed in. So when I try to add my own URLs I get an error message.
    09-08-16 08:53 AM