Just thinking out loud here but I was wondering if there was anyway I can temporarily suspend incoming sms messages while keeping all other features of the phone working?

Also, wouldn't it be nice if the "busy " status symbol in BBM actually worked as a feature to temporarily suspend BBM messages from coming in? So many people disrespect the busy status and BBM anyways but I guess BlackBerry wouldn't want all these queued BBM messages sitting on their servers.

Oh the joys of a sleepless night exploring every nook and cranny of these options.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    09-13-14 06:18 AM
    As far as I remember I asked my carrier this question and was told they could stop all incoming SMS messages.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 06:25 AM
    On Hub settings you may change or delete the service center address for SMS. But I have not tried it.
    09-13-14 06:26 AM
    On Hub settings you may change or delete the service center address for SMS. But I have not tried it.
    That's for sending, has nothing to do with receiving. Only way to stop SMS from being delivered to the device is by a block placed on the service by the carrier.
    09-13-14 10:00 AM
    That's for sending, has nothing to do with receiving. Only way to stop SMS from being delivered to the device is by a block placed on the service by the carrier.
    I figured as much. Thank you

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    09-14-14 01:30 PM