Hello everyone!

I remember few years ago, when I purchased my nexus 7 tablet, I was looking for a way out to sync my contact to my tablet with their original Facebook profile picture. Few months later, android or Facebook added the integration to the Android Os, and therefore I didin't need the app anymore.

With the recent news of the Facebook app being dispatched from Blackberry and also loosing the Hub and contact integration, I was wondering if there might be an app doing what I've been able to do on my tablet before. The app I was using is Haxsync, or something like this.

This is just my "5 cents" but still, I guess we might find a way around to add some features back to our loved blackberries
    03-16-16 01:11 PM
    You should be able to sync with something like Intouchapp contacts.
    03-16-16 02:24 PM
    It's not possible at all. I actually e-mailed the developers of 2 of these backup apps before. Apparently, they can only backup the "manual" contacts, as the ones synced from FB or LinkedIn cannot be accessed by any third party app.

This is not only a BB problem though. I'm using Fullcontact (fullcontact.com) to sync my contacts and last year both the FB and LinkedIn syncs stopped working because the companies closed down their APIs or disabled sync by any third party apps/services. For LinkedIn, you can still export all your contacts in vCard or CSV format from the website, but for Facebook I'm afraid there's no way to sync the contacts. I doesn't even work with the official FB app on Android anymore! (See here as well: facebook [dot] com/help/community/question/?id=10153485306296293)
    03-19-16 10:52 AM
    It's not possible at all. I actually e-mailed the developers of 2 of these backup apps before. Apparently, they can only backup the "manual" contacts, as the ones synced from FB or LinkedIn cannot be accessed by any third party app.

This is not only a BB problem though. I'm using Fullcontact (fullcontact.com) to sync my contacts and last year both the FB and LinkedIn syncs stopped working because the companies closed down their APIs or disabled sync by any third party apps/services. For LinkedIn, you can still export all your contacts in vCard or CSV format from the website, but for Facebook I'm afraid there's no way to sync the contacts. I doesn't even work with the official FB app on Android anymore! (See here as well: facebook [dot] com/help/community/question/?id=10153485306296293)
    I was aware that FB withdrew their API... I wasn't aware that the info when linked to a contact on your device still would not export the info. I don't have any social media accounts and never tested, just assumed. Everyone wants to maintain their walled gardens

Thanks for the correction.
    03-19-16 11:43 AM
    ** deleted **

Thinking out loud, not tested yet (will keep old FB app for now and don't want to mess it all).

For those using Outlook (online/ exchange based), there's a "social connector" feature that allows you to extent your (existing or create new) contacts with your social accounts. I'm not far to believe that once you've set this you'll have not only the same thing than before but probably even better (re: duplicates).

Backup : once you have it, problem solved (?), you just have to export your contacts from Outlook et ... voil !

Anyone who updated and have such configuration to give it a try and report to others ?
    P.S: this is probably also available with other messaging systems ... let us know !!!
    Ok, I gave it a try after I deleted my FB account (not the app).
    I do see activity (in Outlook/desktop) but this "connector" is pretty light and Outlook states (during setup) that it doesn't store anything.
    More, when I go to my outlook.com web interface, there's nothing I noticed.
    So ... I guess I was setting my expectations a bit high, again
    Sry.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-19-16 at 01:33 PM.
    03-19-16 11:58 AM