I'm not sure why or how BB10 handles SMS, but it really starts to act odd and drag on performance when dealing with MMS messages, and seeing that iphones seem to send everything out in MMS rather than SMS, most of my text conversations grow to include a lot of extra crap in them from MMS. Especially those with pictures and such. The longer the conversation the worse it gets. I have seen several thread on this here and I have tried to help, but it continually eats at me. BBOS did not seem to suffer from this issue. Maybe it is more prevalent now with MMS more widely used by iphones now. Who knows?? But it slows down my phone, causes huge delays and starts to act odd as ever dealing with long text message conversations. I have just gone through and deleted all my text messages, painstakingly slowly as it tries to index as it is deleting or something, scratch that they all just came back!!! I will attempt again. This has driven me crazy since I rec'd my Z10n almost 2 years ago. I thought just keep your Text messages cleaned out and you won't have problems. But I really want to keep some of the history in my text conversations. I then started thinking along the lines of convert everyone to BBM, no problem anymore. That works for most of my friends, but some refuse to use BBM, Damn that freedom of choice, LOL. Anyway I have had a Z10, Z30 and now using my wonderful Passport. I love each and every one of these phones, and think they are super awesome, just someone please fix this texting issue. I always start fresh on each phone and I do not restore old data, I discovered that I initially restored data from a BBOS device and saved messages from BBOS became phantom messages that could not be deleted under BB10, so I did clean wipe and imported my Contacts. I've practiced this since then. One of the features I loved about BB was that I could back up and restore to any device and just fly right on. no that feature seems to be still non-existant as you can't select the data to restore using BB Link.

Done - Thank you and have a wonderful day
    01-13-15 02:18 PM
    I seriously wish you would use paragraphs. Okay I'm not sure I understand your issue, it lags when deleting mms? I don't seem to have a problem but I hardly receive any mms msgs. Mostly use Whatsapp anyways.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 02:52 PM
    Luay, LOL, Yes Paragraphs would have been better, grin, hence the rant.

The issue is after a long history of SMS/MMS Text messages the text messages get corrupted and then when you open a text message it will lag slightly, then more and more each time, eventually lagging for minutes before you can read and or respond to a text message. Then when trying to delete the entire conversation, the system will simply hang in the text app, until it completes some background efforts. The hub is essentially frozen in that state until the text process completes the effort it is working on. It then may or may not complete the deletion. If you are using What's app and not Text message then you are right you probably won't experience this.
    01-13-15 03:53 PM
    This occurs for me when I have a long or mms conversation with many attachments. Almost non-existent since 10.2.1 and I probably purge them more frequently out of habit.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:35 AM
    They fixed all the MMS issues in 10.3.1. It used to be very aggravating, now everything good. The only thing that BB can't fix is the problems from old iMessage group MMS conversations if you came from an iphone. You have to tell the iphone people to delete the old imessage conversations.
    01-14-15 10:47 AM
    Yes I try and keep the conversations clean and delete back some of the older messages but it gets away sometimes. I'm glad to hear 10.3.1 has fixed this. I have not EVER had an iPhone. Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 06:50 PM
    Whenever I send out a group message and receive a response from one of the recipients, the response arrives as a separate text and not part of the original broadcasted text. Is this part of the issue you are experiencing as well? I am not sure if group text messages are suppose to remain in the group after receiving a response or if each text response arrives as an individual text?!?!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 10:06 PM
    I never have this problem. Then again, I dont like keeping messages around for very long. If its important, I save them, then delete them

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-18-15 10:27 PM
    Hey Classicrock31, I am on the official 10.2.1 and have exactly the same problem. Called Koodo and they suggested to call BlackBerry since it was nothing at their end.

From my Z30.
    01-18-15 11:56 PM
    I have a lot of issues with group texting to I Phones as well. My friends tell me to ditch the star tac.

When someone replies to me on a group text it pulls them off the group and only I receive the text. Also I get a lot of blank texts asking me to download a file. Really annoying.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:13 AM
    It sounds like the same problem as classic rock and a few others on this thread.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:14 AM
    Bringing back an old thread but I am also having this issue. Takes a while to open an SMS/MMS conversation in the Hub with a long history of texts and pictures. BB10's sms and mms messaging really needs to be optimized and needs to be much quicker. OS 10.3.1.2744.
    05-20-15 03:23 PM