I just bought a new SD card and popped into my Classic. A notification popped up: please wait till the driver gets downloaded and installed for the SD card.
    I expect after the total shutdown our phones won't be able to download the required driver, this could be a serious problem. Be prepared and warned.
    10-15-20 12:19 PM
    I just bought a new SD card and popped into my Classic. A notification popped up: please wait till the driver gets downloaded and installed for the SD card.
    I expect after the total shutdown our phones won't be able to download the required driver, this could be a serious problem. Be prepared and warned.
    The driver is from Play Store.
    10-15-20 12:28 PM
    The driver is from Play Store.
    That will also go south with the shutdown, right?
    10-15-20 12:48 PM
    That will also go south with the shutdown, right?
    I apologize. I mixed up the threads. I thought we were talking about the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

You're right. It could be a problem.

Just another reason, among many, to keep the SD card unencrypted.
    10-15-20 12:50 PM
    I apologize. I mixed up the threads. I thought we were talking about the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

You're right. It could be a problem.

You can still just reformat the card using a PC to take the manufacturer bloat off. The BB10 device will be ok with a generic card.
    10-15-20 01:26 PM
    Is this the ExFat driver for SD cards 64Gb and bigger?

That still has to be downloaded? I would have assumed BlackBerry added the driver in the OS by 10.3, if not by 10.2.
    10-15-20 01:33 PM

That still has to be downloaded? I would have assumed BlackBerry added the driver in the OS by 10.3, if not by 10.2.
    It's no longer required - just plug and play.
    10-15-20 01:35 PM
    I have the latest os and the SD card I used is a 128gb one, the driver got downloaded.
    10-15-20 01:44 PM
    This have nothing to do with encryption.
    10-15-20 01:45 PM
    This have nothing to do with encryption.
    I suppose you're right. If you wiped your device post-shutdown, you wouldn't be able to read the card anyway - driver or not.
    10-15-20 01:47 PM
    I have the latest os and the SD card I used is a 128gb one, the driver got downloaded.
    As I stated, sometimes the manufacturer places encription/security/lock software on their card giving you "free" stuff. The first thing I do is wipe that crap off the card. Your Classic will then have no problem with the card. Did you notice any of this on your card?
    10-15-20 02:06 PM

I didn't have that issue with my 64GB sd card on my Passport, but this is what happened with the Priv, meaning once the SD card was in the phone, I got this notification about downloading that ExFat driver.
    10-15-20 02:40 PM
    As I stated, sometimes the manufacturer places encription/security/lock software on their card giving you "free" stuff. The first thing I do is wipe that crap off the card. Your Classic will then have no problem with the card. Did you notice any of this on your card?
    No, the card have nothing on it after the initial setup, just the standard folder structure.
    10-15-20 03:03 PM
    FYI the card is a SanDisk Extreme 128 GB A2 microsdxc UHS-1 card.
    Logos says: sdxc I, microsdxc I, U3, V30 with upto 160mb/s read and 90 mb/s write speed.
    10-15-20 03:09 PM
    Also they state on the packagin that "download required", sadly no info what they meant with it.
    10-15-20 03:17 PM
    If you plan to use high capacity cards try to insert one (even if temporary) as soon as possible if you want to use Your device after the shutdown.
    10-15-20 03:19 PM
    Also they state on the packagin that "download required", sadly no info what they meant with it.
    Interesting.....never seen that before. Mine was just a run of the mill. SanDisc Ultra and there was nothing to download. Guess the high performance cards may have to be avoided in future?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-20 04:08 PM