I posted this at the end of another thread but I thought it may warrant a new thread...

Product perceptions is key.

The history of bb10 is well documented but the main issue is what the public sees as a status symbol. Many of the people I know that left BlackBerry for Apple still talk about stock price and how valuable Apple is thus they use their phone. For some reason they feel empowered using a phone made by a company that is making billions by over charging them.

I honestly get this argument on a weekly basis when people see my Z30. My response is always, "how much stock do you own? ". ....I hear crickets.....

sayings this now brings up a new point... BlackBerry stock has been on a high the last couple of months, they are making traction in the IOT, connected /autonomous cars divisions as well as asset tracking, document tracking etc..

They have launched a large intellectual patent case vs Aviya that will
    A: bring them over a billion dollars in cash if they and
    B: show other companies the value of their portfolio and they are now willing to defend it.

This brings me to my point. No matter how much we all love BB10 as an OS, no matter how secure BlackBerry Android may be. BlackBerry will be a target for takeover after they show positive cash flow and a rising stock.

Once Mr. Chen and the board see a Stock price of maybe $45/ share, they just may be sold.

Now. Question is, who will buy them. I always thought Microsoft would be a perfect fit because of the phone patents, document management software and connected car business... I don't know if they will be the only player that would require BlackBerry Assets.

This is the list that I think may buy them ....

A : Microsoft -. Reasons listed above...
    B : Apple -. For connected car business.. and they have the cash to blow..
    C: alphabet -. For connected car and secure android solution plus phone patents ..
    D: Samsung, -. Phone patents. -. I don't think it would be a blocked sale now. It's not 2007 and governments already use Samsung phones..

That's just a few....

Let see what others think. Is this the future?..

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 05:56 PM
    Hopefully not apple are you kidding me? BlackBerry will be dead for real
    06-12-17 06:03 PM
    or samsung in my mind they will always be the enemy of blackberry
    06-12-17 06:05 PM
    I still think Microsoft is the best fit. As long as they leave BlackBerry alone and integrate the technology. Like they did with Skype

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 04:52 PM
    I actually like to think dell or Verizon would be good fits. Dell could provide end to end solutions from computers to network to mobile from a single company. Same with Verizon. They could provide a total corporate mobile solution for the enterprise markets that would require it.
    06-19-17 07:57 PM