Hi everyone. While I know how to sideload files I'm not sure if it's possible to save a bar file I want to keep to my computer before I wipe my device.

Any help would like appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by surgeon1919; 04-06-15 at 04:35 PM.
    04-06-15 04:01 PM
    not off of your phone, no. You can save an apk if you have it on your sd card or on the device memory.
    04-06-15 04:26 PM
    not off of your phone, no. You can save an apk if you have it on your sd card or on the device memory.
    Thanks Jaydee!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 04:35 PM
    Use Link to backup your apps. Using the Custom Backup option, you can backup the app data and a separate option is there to include the app executables. But, this is only for apps loaded using BlackBerry World. Side loaded apps are not included in the backup. You can also select which apps to backup.

Same when restoring. You can pick which apps to restore.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:03 PM
    Use Link to backup your apps. Using the Custom Backup option, you can backup the app data and a separate option is there to include the app executables. But, this is only for apps loaded using BlackBerry World. Side loaded apps are not included in the backup. You can also select which apps to backup.

Same when restoring. You can pick which apps to restore.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Joel. I don't use Link! I'll give it a try to see how it works.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 06:47 AM
    Just make sure it's one of the two latest versions of Link. Both still available on the BlackBerry website, under the heading "Software" > "Desktop Software". You can download Blend, which includes a slightly newer Link (1.2.4.27), or just Link (1.2.3.56), which still works with even 10.3.1.

Just a warning - as of this post, the version of Blend on the website has an installation conflict if you have any mapped drives called "R:". If you do, several things mess up. First; you won't be able to check or un-check the options to install Blend, Link, or just the drivers - all check boxes are grayed out. Second; Link can't sign into your BBID account - which is not required to do backups or restores, but is required for any wireless access. Third, Blend simply won't start up at all.

After a several month round of sending logs to BlackBerry on their support site, this was only discovered as the reason for many Blend-not-starting-Link-not-signing-in problems just a couple of weeks ago. I had a DVD drive mapped as R that I had to change, and then everything loaded and worked, finally.

One other thing, while it won't backup any side loaded bar apps, it will backup and restore any direct installed apk android apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:47 AM
    Just make sure it's one of the two latest versions of Link. Both still available on the BlackBerry website, under the heading "Software" > "Desktop Software". You can download Blend, which includes a slightly newer Link (1.2.4.27), or just Link (1.2.3.56), which still works with even 10.3.1.
    I believe the Blend & Link download pages contain the same version now (since yesterday), in fact I believe both pages send you to the same download page.
    04-07-15 10:57 AM
    I believe the Blend & Link download pages contain the same version now (since yesterday), in fact I believe both pages send you to the same download page.
    You're right. It appears to have been updated on 3-31. I wonder if the installer was fixed.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 11:26 AM