Hi I know this has kindof been answered with a semi-negative. But would like to know if it's possible in any way to downgrade to 10.3.1 for instance. I can't downgrade via BBlink, which I thought was a given sure. So need to know if it's impossible. It bothers me that the Stock app by Alex have so many glitches and I can live with anything form 10.2.1 and beyond.

Asking this since some say it is possible to downgrade...
    07-13-15 01:04 PM
    Hi I know this has kindof been answered with a semi-negative. But would like to know if it's possible in any way to downgrade to 10.3.1 for instance. I can't downgrade via BBlink, which I thought was a given sure. So need to know if it's impossible. It bothers me that the Stock app by Alex have so many glitches and I can live with anything form 10.2.1 and beyond.

Asking this since some say it is possible to downgrade...
    Have the "some" explained how to do it??

As far as I know... .once you go 10.3.1, you'll never go back.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ngrade-999545/
    07-13-15 01:11 PM
    Nope. The antitheft blacklist in it would limit you possibly a previous version of 10.3.2

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-13-15 01:12 PM
    Once, you are on 10.3.2, you can't downgrade below 10.3.2.500
    07-13-15 01:17 PM
    Once, you are on 10.3.2, you can't downgrade below 10.3.2.500
    Anti theft? Or Big Brother insisting on an OS version with a backdoor? and therefore BB deciding to play with Android, since security is compromised anyway?

Sheer speculation/conjecture etc etc, I know, but then the rumors fly thick and fast.

A noob question....Darcy's tools gives this option - Modify backup to allow link to downgrade. Even this wont work?
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-13-15 02:22 PM
    Once you have upgraded to OS 10.3.2 you can not downgrade to a previous version due to the new anti-theft functionality built into BlackBerry Protect, as doing so would allow someone to bypass the functionality entirely. The lowest OS version you will be able to downgrade to is 10.3.2.680 once you've loaded that particular version or anything higher.
    Charismagic likes this.
    07-13-15 02:29 PM
    A noob question....Darcy's tools gives this option - Modify backup to allow link to downgrade. Even this wont work?
    That's just if you have, say, a backup of 2339 and want to restore that on 10.3.2.680 or 840 or 858. Link doesn't allow restores from a higher build so Darcy just makes it possible.

Not for OS downgrades.

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-13-15 03:37 PM
    Anti theft? Or Big Brother insisting on an OS version with a backdoor? and therefore BB deciding to play with Android, since security is compromised anyway?

Sheer speculation/conjecture etc etc, I know, but then the rumors fly thick and fast.

Off topic but couldn't you do anti-theft as safely from the cloud? You have BBID anyway.
    07-13-15 04:08 PM
    Off topic but couldn't you do anti-theft as safely from the cloud? You have BBID anyway.
    No. Prior to 10.3.2, all you could do from BlackBerry Protect was wipe your phone remotely if it was stolen. That made your information on the phone useless to someone else.

That did NOT make the phone itself useless or unusable. It also didn't make the phone un-resellable to someone else who could just do a security wipe, autoload another OS, reset with a new BBID and... voila - a brand new phone for someone else to use at your expense.

And all these "NSA backdoor" nonsense is just plain silly. The OS version wouldn't have any effect on whether the NSA has a backdoor or not. If there was one, it would have already been there long ago.

10.3.2 added what is called a "kill switch". It's purpose is to render the phone unusable to a thief, whether they intend to use the phone themselves or try to pawn it off for money. The idea is that once it's known that certain phones are worthless after being stolen, then maybe they will become less of a target for theft.

And we are talking about "on the street" theft - such as, leaving the phone on, say, an outdoor restaurant table, and someone running by reaches out and grabs it and keeps on running. Quick, opportunistic type of thefts. This got real bad in California, and was why the State of California enacted the "kill switch" requirement. If the phone makers and carriers weren't going to do something on their own - there was a lot of hemming and hawing by them when it was first suggested a few years back - then several states were going to mandate it. California's went into effect at the beginning of this month. One other state has such a law too, and others are contemplating it.

That's the whole point of this. Nothing any more nefarious than that. Apple has been doing this with iOS for a while, BTW.

With all OSs prior to 10.3.2 (and some of the early 10.3.2 builds before 500), after doing a security wipe, or autoloading an OS, you would be asked to type in your BBID during that initial setup after the first boot-up. You were asked the same thing the first time you got your phone. Previously, there was an option to "skip" that step. You could also put in any new BBID you wanted at that point. This is also possible the very first time 10.3.2 is loaded on the phone as an update.

However, once you've input that BBID into your phone after 10.3.2 is loaded, it is now part of the phone. You will now find that if you do a security wipe, or autoload 10.3.2.698 or newer, the BBID input is REQUIRED. It can not be skipped, and you can not input another BBID. And, you can not install 10.3.1, or 10.2.1, or even 10.0.9 because those OSs wiped the BBID and allowed you setup any other BBID you wanted, or to skip the BBID input altogether.

The only way to remove the BBID from the phone with 10.3.2 now is to go to BlackBerry Protect, and remove the device from your BBID there. This would be what you have to do prior to selling the phone yourself, or even just updating to a new phone and releasing the old one.

No big conspiracies, just a way to make your phone less of a target. That's all.
    07-13-15 05:11 PM
    Talking about downgrading to 10.2, that was possible in some point? I mean, within the first releases of the 10.3.2 was possible to going back to 10.2 or that was just a myth? And, since when was completely blacklisted? Sorry to the OP If I'm sort of hijacking the post xD
    Jakob Greve and Gomark75 like this.
    07-13-15 05:28 PM
    Talking about downgrading to 10.2, that was possible in some point? I mean, within the first releases of the 10.3.2 was possible to going back to 10.2 or that was just a myth? And, since when was completely blacklisted? Sorry to the OP If I'm sort of hijacking the post xD
    Very early leaks could downgrade to anything until 10.3.2.500. With 500, you could only downgrade to one of the two 10.2.2 builds that were released for the German market (and supposedly, one early Developer release of 10.3.1) But even going to 10.2.2, you would be stuck there. You could not then downgrade further. 10.3.2.689 let you go down only to 10.3.2.500. Anything above 689 only let's you go back to 689. The anti-theft feature is in place with those builds, so you still have to put in the right BBID.

Posted via CB10
    aevilion likes this.
    07-13-15 06:00 PM
    So is it possible to downgrade to 10.3.2.500 and go back to 10.2.2? Grasping for straws
    07-13-15 06:10 PM
    Sorry forgot to read the whole post however I can go from 2339 to 289 or whatever it is called. the dev OS
    07-13-15 06:13 PM
    All this is new and not,can't downgrade to 10.3.1 or 10.2.2 from 10.3.2,we had been warned,but Joeldf gave some kind of path to retrieve from 10.3.2 in case the phone is not stolen.What if I will go to BB protect and remove BBID from my phone,make security wipe just like before I would like to sell it,then downgrade the OS.Then I will go thru set up like new owner.Will it work?
    07-13-15 07:32 PM
    Btw I could skip BBID setup on first start after autoloader.

Q10 10.3.2
    07-13-15 07:34 PM
    All this is new and not,can't downgrade to 10.3.1 or 10.2.2 from 10.3.2,we had been warned,but Joeldf gave some kind of path to retrieve from 10.3.2 in case the phone is not stolen.What if I will go to BB protect and remove BBID from my phone,make security wipe just like before I would like to sell it,then downgrade the OS.Then I will go thru set up like new owner.Will it work?
    No

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-13-15 07:48 PM
    Btw I could skip BBID setup on first start after autoloader.

Q10 10.3.2
    I'm guessing that was the first time you upgraded to 10.3.2, when I upgraded from 10.3.1 to 10.3.2 I was able to skip it, but when I activated the anti-theft feature and then reload the OS, the skip button wasn't there anymore and I had to log in with my BBID in order to complete the setup.
    07-13-15 08:40 PM
    Sorry forgot to read the whole post however I can go from 2339 to 289 or whatever it is called. the dev OS
    Once you loaded anything newer than 689, then 10.3.2.689 is the farthest back you can go. The block-list is written into nvram and stays there. Going back to 689 does not open 500 back up for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 09:00 PM
    Sorry I didn't mention,BB protect was in OFF position before update and I could skip the BBID setting.And for me all this anti-theft feature become like Paranoia,in case the phone wiped clean and no BBID connected to this phone why to stop me from downgrading if I would like,but any way thanks guys for Your effort to explain this.
    07-13-15 09:14 PM
    Once you loaded anything newer than 689, then 10.3.2.689 is the farthest back you can go. The block-list is written into nvram and stays there. Going back to 689 does not open 500 back up for you.

Posted via CB10
    Not true i,ve just gone to 289 and also 500 is no problem. Going below 10.3.2 hasn't been possible for me though. Haven't tried going to one of the early os'es to see if I can go to 10.2.2, but probably not worth the try.
    07-14-15 04:01 AM
    Had some issue on 2339 with calls drop,so downgraded to 858 just to try it,used autoloader for sure and my Apology couldn't skip the BBID setting,I was sure did it before,but have nothing to add,my mistake.I wish next time will not forget to remove BBID from BB protect then autoload the new Version,just to see the skip option removed forever on 10.3.2.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-14-15 06:56 AM
    Good thread as it explains why I couldn't downgrade after attempting to downgrade a few tines.

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-18-15 08:09 AM
    While most of our users on 10.3.2 are unable to go back to previous versions, i.e. 10.3.1, service centers are definitely able to revert back to last official OS from carriers.

My Classic went back twice for keyboard repair due to double typing issue recently. It was on 10.3.2.xxx before I sent it back, and when it was back it's OS was reverted to 10.3.1.1865.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
    07-19-15 02:15 AM
    While most of our users on 10.3.2 are unable to go back to previous versions, i.e. 10.3.1, service centers are definitely able to revert back to last official OS from carriers.

My Classic went back twice for keyboard repair due to double typing issue recently. It was on 10.3.2.xxx before I sent it back, and when it was back it's OS was reverted to 10.3.1.1865.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
    Did you confirm if it's the same unit you sent for repairs or another unit was sent to you. Reason I asked is that I know a lot of folks who got replacements for the passports instead of getting their actual passports back. And people here that have reported sending their device back for double typing issues usually get replacements and not their original devices back.
    07-19-15 02:28 AM
    Did you confirm if it's the same unit you sent for repairs or another unit was sent to you. Reason I asked is that I know a lot of folks who got replacements for the passports instead of getting their actual passports back. And people here that have reported sending their device back for double typing issues usually get replacements and not their original devices back.
    It has the same imei and pin, so I would I assume I got the same unit back. Plus it has some dents and scratches on the frame. I see those things are still there.

My carrier is too cheap to swap a replacement for me.

There is chance that service center flashed imei and pin to a different motherboard. The reason I guess that is my device was relocked after rma, and my unlocking code associated with the imei didn't work any more. I had to send it back for the third RMA two days ago. Before I sent it, I just flashed 10.3.2.2339. Let's see if it will be reverted back to 10.3.1.1865 the third times.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
    07-19-15 02:35 AM
29 12