I had this issue of not being able to play a video on the BlackBerry default browser in order to connect to a network. Now that I've been informed Flash stopped working and shown other browsers, I still can't log into that network because I cannot find a way to switch the default browser. Once it automatically pops up I am stuck, as the URL link can't be copied, and no other options appear available on the menu when hitting the three dots in the right down corner. In the Settings there aren't seem to be any options related to switching the default browser.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 07:05 PM
    There is no way that you can change the default. I'm afraid that it is what it is.
    01-05-17 07:33 PM
    I had this issue of not being able to play a video on the BlackBerry default browser in order to connect to a network. Now that I've been informed Flash stopped working and shown other browsers, I still can't log into that network because I cannot find a way to switch the default browser. Once it automatically pops up I am stuck, as the URL link can't be copied, and no other options appear available on the menu when hitting the three dots in the right down corner. In the Settings there aren't seem to be any options related to switching the default browser.

Posted via CB10
    When I was using BB10 I was using Zeus browser along with the default one. It is flash enabled.
    01-05-17 09:28 PM
    When I was using BB10 I was using Zeus browser along with the default one. It is flash enabled
    True, but you cannot make it or any other browser the default.
    01-05-17 10:24 PM
    I using Flash Browser , download it on google

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 10:28 PM
    the URL link can't be copied, and no other options appear available on the menu when hitting the three dots in the right down corner
    Has the url been loaded in the browser url bar?
    If so, I see the option "Open in" at the bottom of the 3-dot menu? Would that work?
    Also, I have an app called ClipMan and its associated Browser Plugin installed. If I choose "Share" in the 3-dot menu, select "Browser Plugin" from the Share menu, the url is on the list in ClipMan, where it can be selected, then pasted into the url bar of your desired browser, if it supports copy/paste.
    If the url is not loaded in Browser url bar, then idk.

p.s. along the lines of the Share options, if I share with email, the url can be copied, there. Whether the native clipboard provides this function or ClipMan is doing it, idk.
    01-06-17 08:57 AM
    I will try that App. By default it won't let me even select the URL to copy it. Also no share option from the three dot menu.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 10:51 AM
    There is no way that you can change the default. I'm afraid that it is what it is.
    Yes you can. Just long-press a URL and tap Open in. Then you can select what browser those URL's should open in from there on.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    rolfep likes this.
    01-06-17 11:50 PM
    I've tried everything you guys suggested. Nothing worked.

The link can't be selected. Menu out of options. Info. Error and no connection.

The Clipman app also didn't copy the url.
    Attached Thumbnails Is it possible to change the default browser on BB10?-11376.jpg  
    01-09-17 06:53 PM
    ISSUE RESOLVED! First of all, it was never my beautiful Passport's fault. It also had nothing to do with the flash playing problem. This stupid people setup their network in such a way that if your phone is not data powered it won't connect! After multiple experiments I tried placing in a data powered sim card and voilà, everthing back to normality.

I would have to switch the sim card every night if wanted to get connected, kind of too much of a hassle. Once I get the one app that's still missing on the Passport working, the Priv will be secondary.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 08:12 PM
    I must add that the issue was not present the other way around. The Priv was able to connect to the network without a data powered sim card. So, somehow, the problem does have something to do with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 07:00 PM