Seen a few threads regarding this issue, with people saying the only way to fix it is to do a reboot. Think I've found the cause and a band-aid solution.

Issue: device is locked in landscape mode. Rotating the device doesn't resolve the issue, rotation lock is disabled within the pull down settings bar.

Cause: Speculation, but it appears certain android apps / Android runtime takes exclusive control of the accelerometer at times.

Case scenario: after playing a Landscape only android game for a period of time (in this case, The Simpsons: Tapped out), during game play, the app was minimised a few times while accessing the hub etc. Closing the application appeared to lock the accelerometer function. All apps/hub etc, where available, rotated the display to landscape. Rotating the device to portrait didn't resolve the issue. Rotation lock was disabled. This issue doesn't seem to reoccur every time a Landscape only application is executed.

Band-aid fix : Open an Android app which support portrait AND landscape, rotate the device to portrait so the display is corrected, then close the application.

Hope this helps anyone out experiencing this issue, I'll log a bug report with BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 10:44 AM
    I find some apps ignore the rotation lock. For example, the app Reebee rotates even on the Q10's screen.
    02-08-14 11:09 AM