Dear Members,

It has been almost a week since I updated my Q10 to the latest official OS release 10.1MR. And until today i havent been able to get my phone back to its former state.

Before I updated I read many warnings of possible lost text/sms after the update so I used link and made a backup..

When I did the update I lost my SMS/texts so I tried restoring. It was unsuccessful.

I then found out that many blackberry users are having problems restoring.

I tried everything from reinstalling link, security wipes, reloading, removing sim and sd card and i think i may have a solution for SOME.

Here goes:
    1. Do not connect phone to computer. Remove sim and sd cards, do a security wipe on your phone and allow the phone to restart.
    2. Complete the initial setup. (make sure you key in your blackberry ID and make sure your phone is connected to the internet via wifi)
    3. Reinstall or install link (Very important! Make sure link recognises your phone via your blackberry I.D and click finish)
    4. Connect phone to computer. Restore settings first, then media then only app data.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Q10Nutter; 09-03-13 at 07:58 PM.
    09-03-13 07:45 PM
    i have had similar problems with leaked 10.2 installs on my Q10 and lost all of my text messages and password keeper too. I had upgraded form a 9930 a while back and to at least get back some of the data, password keeper being the most essential, i went back to my 9930 and was able to transfer the older data, at least i got everything but the last couple months of texts and a few passwords since i bought the Q10. That's about 103 less passwords i would have had to try to recall from memory...can't do that any more. Unfortunately my call logs did not transfer which i vaguely remember transferring on the initial migration.

I assume someone smarter than me could have just pulled the password keeper and txt back ups form link but it isn't very user friendly or obvious how to go about that from a security wipe and leaked install. It installed a ton of stuff and seemed to wipe out the cracked android runtime or at least break my android installs.

You are far more patient and capable than i would ever be, thanks of posting a suggested work around/fix. Can you clarify what you got back?

Thanks
    09-03-13 08:49 PM
    i have had similar problems with leaked 10.2 installs on my Q10 and lost all of my text messages and password keeper too. I had upgraded form a 9930 a while back and to at least get back some of the data, password keeper being the most essential, i went back to my 9930 and was able to transfer the older data, at least i got everything but the last couple months of texts and a few passwords since i bought the Q10. That's about 103 less passwords i would have had to try to recall from memory...can't do that any more. Unfortunately my call logs did not transfer which i vaguely remember transferring on the initial migration.

I assume someone smarter than me could have just pulled the password keeper and txt back ups form link but it isn't very user friendly or obvious how to go about that from a security wipe and leaked install. It installed a ton of stuff and seemed to wipe out the cracked android runtime or at least break my android installs.

You are far more patient and capable than i would ever be, thanks of posting a suggested work around/fix. Can you clarify what you got back?

Thanks
    I managed to get everything except text messages. Password keeper and remember info restored successfully. Have you tried restoring yet?
    09-03-13 09:02 PM
    Restoring overwrote too many of the updates i had done, i just went back to my 9930 and migrated password keeper to get 98% of a long legacy of passwords i could never commit to memory. I do not understand why link has so little granularity over the restore process, it should be refined to provide tools to help the user restore what they need not everything.

I have lost a long history of texts twice now. I don't use text much but it amazes me how many clients do use it for business information....
    09-05-13 09:59 PM
    Hello,

May i know which OS and which version of link did you use to restore?
    I face the same issue as you and as been stucked for 3 days with no solutions.
    Thank you!!
    09-16-13 07:45 AM
    I used the latest link 1.1.1.41 and I'm on 10.1.0.4181

When you installed blackberry link did you successfully "link" with your BB10 device?

Q10
    09-16-13 05:54 PM