I am assisting a family member upgrade from a Q10 to a Z30. The problem is we dont know what the existing BBID password is for the phone. When trying to backup using blackberry link it wants you to log into your blackberry ID. When trying to download the device switch app from BB world it wants you to log in. Unfortunately we dont know the login. We also dont know the password of the email address associated with it.

Is it possible to back up a bb10 phone without logging into BBID since we dont know the password?

Any help will be appreciated
    12-09-14 09:47 AM
    The BBID is mentioned in Settings --> BlackBerry ID, have you checked there?
    12-09-14 09:51 AM
    Without having the correct "credentials" to log in to BBID, AND as long as the device is not password protected, or have any other type of password setting in place, the only thing you can do is to connect to a pc, and copy the data you want to a folder somewhere in your pc.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-09-14 09:52 AM
    The BBID is mentioned in Settings --> BlackBerry ID, have you checked there?
    Won't show the password.......Security
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-09-14 09:53 AM
    Meant for BBID as the OP said they don't remember the ID as well!
    12-09-14 09:55 AM
    Thanks. However is it possible to get contacts info? I dont really need anything else just text messages and contacts from the address book.

Without having the correct "credentials" to log in to BBID, AND as long as the device is not password protected, or have any other type of password setting in place, the only thing you can do is to connect to a pc, and copy the data you want to a folder somewhere in your pc.
    12-09-14 10:11 AM
    My appologies for not clarifying. I know the ID i just dont know the password.
    Meant for BBID as the OP said they don't remember the ID as well!
    12-09-14 10:12 AM
    12-09-14 10:15 AM
    Can you actually see/read the contacts and tm on the device? If so, just send/share the text and the contact info to an account
    (another email address) and you can get them there.
    12-09-14 10:15 AM
    My appologies for not clarifying. I know the ID i just dont know the password.
    How do I reset my lost or forgotten BlackBerry ID password? - User Guide - BlackBerry ID
    12-09-14 10:16 AM
    I can. However there are over 500 contacts. Would take me a while to manually share them all
    Can you actually see/read the contacts and tm on the device? If so, just send/share the text and the contact info to an account
    (another email address) and you can get them there.
    12-09-14 10:32 AM
    Tried this but we also dont know the password to the email account associated with the BBID. When you reset your bbid it send an email to the email account connect to bbid. Looks like we might be out of luck. I was able to connect the device to a computer an grab the pictures/files etc.
    12-09-14 10:49 AM
    Tried this but we also dont know the password to the email account associated with the BBID. When you reset your bbid it send an email to the email account connect to bbid. Looks like we might be out of luck. I was able to connect the device to a computer an grab the pictures/files etc.
    In this situation you will need to reset the password to the email associated with the BBID before you can get the pasword recovery link that BlackBerry will send to you. If you cannot do that, then it is impossible (I believe) to retrieve/copy any information that requires you to log in with the BBID off that phone. If you are looking for just a way to get the contacts off the phone, have you checked to make sure that the contacts are not actually being backed up/synced to a cloud account? If the contacts are being backed up/synced to a cloud account, then all you'll need to get the contacts on to the next phone will be to log in to the next phone with that email account and make sure to check sync contacts as an option.
    12-09-14 11:13 AM
    Sorta baffles me that OP doesn't know any passwords
    I mean I get that the phone isn't his, but is it not possible to just ask the person whom the phone belongs to?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 11:17 AM
    I am to understand the backup file is encrypted using the BBID. I don't believe you can do a backup of the phone with out it.

Most likely a security feature to ensure you don't steal the data on someone's phone by making a secret backup.

There might be apps that let you do it, but you probably can't get them from BB World with out the BBID.

With all that being said, and the fact you don't know any passwords, I hope you aren't trying to steal data off someone else's phone. Like really, how do they not even know the email password?
    12-09-14 11:19 AM
    I was waiting for this..lol

Honestly its for an older family member. Everything was set up back in early 2013 by another random family member. No one remembers anything and here i am trying to get it to work. It almost feels like i am trying to hack the phone at this point. I just explained there is no way around it. Manual transfer it is!
    Sorta baffles me that OP doesn't know any passwords
    I mean I get that the phone isn't his, but is it not possible to just ask the person whom the phone belongs to?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 01:43 PM
    the owner just set up the email just to use for BBID. Has not logged on since. Long story short i give up and it does feel like i am trying to hijack info. You definitely should atleast have access to the email account.

Thanks for everyones help here!
    I am to understand the backup file is encrypted using the BBID. I don't believe you can do a backup of the phone with out it.

Most likely a security feature to ensure you don't steal the data on someone's phone by making a secret backup.

There might be apps that let you do it, but you probably can't get them from BB World with out the BBID.

With all that being said, and the fact you don't know any passwords, I hope you aren't trying to steal data off someone else's phone. Like really, how do they not even know the email password?
    12-09-14 01:52 PM
    I was waiting for this..lol

Honestly its for an older family member. Everything was set up back in early 2013 by another random family member. No one remembers anything and here i am trying to get it to work. It almost feels like i am trying to hack the phone at this point. I just explained there is no way around it. Manual transfer it is!
    This I can understand
    Use Sachesi to back it up then. Sachesi bypasses the BBID check
    However, you won't be able to reinstall apps that you have bought in the previous BBID then
    Granted, this is assuming the phone currently doesn't have a password, or you know that password
    12-09-14 01:58 PM
    Mastercarshead, Excellent advice.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.1154
    12-09-14 02:55 PM
    Something I just did myself, was to add a dummy account (gmail), went into my primary account, and selected all contacts, selected the overflow, then chose share with and made sure that the only option selected was the dummy account, I then watched them populate the email account on the internet.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-09-14 04:09 PM