Is it possible to get BlackBerry Blend as a portable version? Would love to install BlackBerry Blend on my work computer, but the IT restrictions does not allow the user to install applications. A USB version would be great.

If the current version does it allow, would it be possible to modify the files locations and make a portable version?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:48 AM
    Talk to your IT department.
    10-14-14 05:07 AM
    Talk to your IT department.
    Been there. Done that. No chance of getting it approved. Looking therefore to the option above.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 05:09 AM
    If the IT department doesn't allow app installation but allows for USB sticks, they aren't doing a great job of securing the machines.
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    10-14-14 05:24 AM
    If the IT department doesn't allow app installation but allows for USB sticks, they aren't doing a great job of securing the machines.
    Yes, your point is fair. As it stands right now, this is the reality, and I can't do anything about it. So, the question to this forum and it's excellent people: is it possible to make BlackBerry Blend work as a portable version?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:15 AM
    Yes, your point is fair. As it stands right now, this is the reality, and I can't do anything about it. So, the question to this forum and it's excellent people: is it possible to make BlackBerry Blend work as a portable version?
    Some components need to be installed. Certain services.

I wonder though, do you have a tablet at all? It will work on Android or iOS too.
    10-14-14 08:22 AM
    Some components need to be installed. Certain services.

I wonder though, do you have a tablet at all? It will work on Android or iOS too.
    Xsacha,

Indeed I have a tablet. It is called BlackBerry PlayBook Won't work on that...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:41 AM
    There was talk of being able to access your device through a web-browser. Not sure how far that's gotten. I do know that it was aimed at Enterprise users with BES12. Who knows what the future may hold.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:14 AM