I've been hesitant to use the Facebook or LinkedIn app on my Z10 due to the fact that in the past, people had issues with these apps pulling the contacts and populating them in your contacts.

For example, you already have John Doe in your contacts and he is created exactly the way you want him created. But when you launch the Facebook or LinkedIn App, they would pull your contacts and create another entry in your contacts list for the exact same contact. Does this still occur even with the latest apps? If it does, is there a way to not have these contacts appear? I'd prefer not to have double or triple entries for the same contact. But mainly, there are a lot of contacts in these apps that I would NOT want to have in my contact list at all.

Currently running 10.2.0.1791 with software release 10.2.0.424
    Last edited by u4ria; 11-18-13 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Updated with relevant release & OS info
    11-18-13 10:36 AM
    I've been hesitant to use the Facebook or LinkedIn app on my Z10 due to the fact that in the past, people had issues with these apps pulling the contacts and populating them in your contacts.

For example, you already have John Doe in your contacts and he is created exactly the way you want him created. But when you launch the Facebook or LinkedIn App, they would pull your contacts and create another entry in your contacts list for the exact same contact. Does this still occur even with the latest apps? If it does, is there a way to not have these contacts appear? I'd prefer not to have double or triple entries for the same contact. But mainly, there are a lot of contacts in these apps that I would NOT want to have in my contact list at all.

Currently running 10.2.0.1791 with software release 10.2.0.424
    There has always been the option to display what contacts you want in the contacts app. Go in the setting within the contacts app and select/deselect the contact list you would like to display.

Re: duplicate entries: you can link info from the same contact and bbm, email, sms, FB or LinkedIn msg right from the contact details screen. The issue with linking contact details was a restart of the phone unlinked them again but this appears to have been fixed with the 10.2.1.055 leak.
    11-18-13 10:55 AM